Time for oxygen?

Marjolein

I don't really remember how I felt when I was put on O2 overnight. I was about 11 years old I think.

The only thing I know is that I was getting more and more tired and not really feeling rested when I woke up in the morning
(for my docs a sign that my body couldn't get the rest it needed during the night).

And I was waking up with headaches too

Marjolein

I don't really remember how I felt when I was put on O2 overnight. I was about 11 years old I think.

The only thing I know is that I was getting more and more tired and not really feeling rested when I woke up in the morning
(for my docs a sign that my body couldn't get the rest it needed during the night).

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />The only thing I know is that I was getting more and more tired and not really feeling rested when I woke up in the morning
<br />(for my docs a sign that my body couldn't get the rest it needed during the night).
<br />
<br />And I was waking up with headaches too
<br />
<br />

Diane

I just started using oxygen a few months back. I got sick and was having shortness of breath and when i went in the hospital they put me on oxygen which helped a lot. When i would walk in the hallways without it i would desat to around 85% which made me very short of breath. I was totally freaked out about the fact that i even needed oxygen, it scared the crap out of me, but i definitely needed it to heal. My Dr. sent me home with oxygen and i use it at night to sleep. I have never had any testing done that officially states that i need it, but my Dr. said since its here why not use it and make things easier on my heart while i am asleep. I also use it on the treadmill. Also the benefit to having oxygen at home is, if you have a long coughing fit, yuo can hook up to it and it makes it way easier to catch your breath afterwards. If you are feeling short of breath a lot maybe a little oxygen would be a good thing. Regarding my need for oxygen, i always try to remind myself, it is only temporary till things are on the upswing. You could always look at it that way, so it doesnt seem so overwhelming.

Diane

I just started using oxygen a few months back. I got sick and was having shortness of breath and when i went in the hospital they put me on oxygen which helped a lot. When i would walk in the hallways without it i would desat to around 85% which made me very short of breath. I was totally freaked out about the fact that i even needed oxygen, it scared the crap out of me, but i definitely needed it to heal. My Dr. sent me home with oxygen and i use it at night to sleep. I have never had any testing done that officially states that i need it, but my Dr. said since its here why not use it and make things easier on my heart while i am asleep. I also use it on the treadmill. Also the benefit to having oxygen at home is, if you have a long coughing fit, yuo can hook up to it and it makes it way easier to catch your breath afterwards. If you are feeling short of breath a lot maybe a little oxygen would be a good thing. Regarding my need for oxygen, i always try to remind myself, it is only temporary till things are on the upswing. You could always look at it that way, so it doesnt seem so overwhelming.

Diane

Diane

Diane

A

Aspiemom

I was getting more SOB doing basic and trivial things so they did the 6 min. walk thing at the clinic and I desatted to eighty-something right away.

I'm off it these days but always wonder at times if I should be using it, so I really need to splurge and get a POX to keep track of things. (They had me keep the O2 at home in case.)

Feel better

A

Aspiemom

I was getting more SOB doing basic and trivial things so they did the 6 min. walk thing at the clinic and I desatted to eighty-something right away.

I'm off it these days but always wonder at times if I should be using it, so I really need to splurge and get a POX to keep track of things. (They had me keep the O2 at home in case.)

Feel better

A

Aspiemom

Feel better

A

Aspiemom

Feel better

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />I'm off it these days but always wonder at times if I should be using it, so I really need to splurge and get a POX to keep track of things. (They had me keep the O2 at home in case.)
<br />
<br />Feel better

OldTex

Waking up almost every morning with a headache was one of the first signs. Once they put me on O2 at nights these stopped almost immediately plus I felt much better and alert when I awoke each morning. I also found I wasn't as short of breath.

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Waking up almost every morning with a headache was one of the first signs. Once they put me on O2 at nights these stopped almost immediately plus I felt much better and alert when I awoke each morning. I also found I wasn't as short of breath.

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

<br />
<br />Jim J.
<br />CF and TX on 4/9/08
<br />Fort Worth, TX