Tobi and Colistin during pregnancy

serendipity730

Leah,

I have seen that Tobi is a category D, which is my concern (that and my one doc saying not to stay on it). I agree 100% that any inhaled med will not enter the blood stream at as high concentration as IV tobra would. At this point, I think that regardless of what my docs say, I would stay on it.

Thanks for your input, your boys are cuties!

serendipity730

Leah,

I have seen that Tobi is a category D, which is my concern (that and my one doc saying not to stay on it). I agree 100% that any inhaled med will not enter the blood stream at as high concentration as IV tobra would. At this point, I think that regardless of what my docs say, I would stay on it.

serendipity730

Leah,

serendipity730

Leah,

serendipity730

Leah,
<br />
<br />I have seen that Tobi is a category D, which is my concern (that and my one doc saying not to stay on it). I agree 100% that any inhaled med will not enter the blood stream at as high concentration as IV tobra would. At this point, I think that regardless of what my docs say, I would stay on it.
<br />
<br />Thanks for your input, your boys are cuties!

asouthgate

I am only 17 weeks in to my pregnancy, but I have been taking Tobi month on, month off so far and haven't found any concerns, however this is my first baby and don't have anything else to compare too. My doc advised that if I end up getting a chest infection, the anitbiotics used to treat it would be of greater risk to my baby then the Tobi, but I definatley had to think hard about my decision to continue Tobi.

asouthgate

I am only 17 weeks in to my pregnancy, but I have been taking Tobi month on, month off so far and haven't found any concerns, however this is my first baby and don't have anything else to compare too. My doc advised that if I end up getting a chest infection, the anitbiotics used to treat it would be of greater risk to my baby then the Tobi, but I definatley had to think hard about my decision to continue Tobi.

asouthgate

asouthgate

asouthgate