TOBI and hemoptysis

Jane

Digital opinion leader
A little background...Josh has had a really tough time lately. In September he had the bad bleed and was hospitalized and on IVs. In October he had a sinus infection and was on cipro for 14 days.

On the 12th day of cipro he got a flu-like virus so the doctor put him on tamiflu and bactrim. After a week he got thrush and is on nystatin too. UGH!

Last week he started TOBI again and has been having a little hemoptysis (just trace amounts).

We realized that the last time he had bleeds was when he was on TOBI, so we're wondering if maybe the TOBI is too harsh for him. Anyone else have this issue with TOBI?

He has a clinic appt this week- hopefully we can get him feeling better.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
A little background...Josh has had a really tough time lately. In September he had the bad bleed and was hospitalized and on IVs. In October he had a sinus infection and was on cipro for 14 days.

On the 12th day of cipro he got a flu-like virus so the doctor put him on tamiflu and bactrim. After a week he got thrush and is on nystatin too. UGH!

Last week he started TOBI again and has been having a little hemoptysis (just trace amounts).

We realized that the last time he had bleeds was when he was on TOBI, so we're wondering if maybe the TOBI is too harsh for him. Anyone else have this issue with TOBI?

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />On the 12th day of cipro he got a flu-like virus so the doctor put him on tamiflu and bactrim. After a week he got thrush and is on nystatin too. UGH!
<br />
<br />Last week he started TOBI again and has been having a little hemoptysis (just trace amounts).
<br />
<br />We realized that the last time he had bleeds was when he was on TOBI, so we're wondering if maybe the TOBI is too harsh for him. Anyone else have this issue with TOBI?
<br />
<br />He has a clinic appt this week- hopefully we can get him feeling better.

lilmeggies24

Tobi can cause bleeding, I have had many episodes of hemoptysis and have been told to stop my tobi treatments until it clears.

lilmeggies24

Tobi can cause bleeding, I have had many episodes of hemoptysis and have been told to stop my tobi treatments until it clears.

lilmeggies24

lilmeggies24

lilmeggies24

C

cfsucks

Tobramycin used to irritate my lungs. I've since stopped. Now I use tobi, and it was good for a few years, but now it seems to be irritating my lungs as well. I stopped for a few months because I was in the inhaled cipro study, but since I've started back up... I've had a few cases of hemoptysis.

C

cfsucks

Tobramycin used to irritate my lungs. I've since stopped. Now I use tobi, and it was good for a few years, but now it seems to be irritating my lungs as well. I stopped for a few months because I was in the inhaled cipro study, but since I've started back up... I've had a few cases of hemoptysis.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks