TOBI podhaler

L

lizlas

<P>Oh ok thanks...did you get it covered thru cf program or private insurance?</P>
<P></P>
<P>and are you experiencing anychest tightnessor wheezy or horseness all the fun things with tobi? lol</P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>Oh ok thanks...did you get it covered thru cf program or private insurance?</P>
<P></P>
<P>and are you experiencing anychest tightnessor wheezy or horseness all the fun things with tobi? lol</P>

L

lizlas

<P>Oh ok thanks...did you get it covered thru cf program or private insurance?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>and are you experiencing any chest tightness or wheezy or horseness all the fun things with tobi?  lol</P>

L

lizlas

<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>Oh ok thanks...did you get it covered thru cf program or private insurance?</P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P> </P>
<P>and are you experiencing any chest tightness or wheezy or horseness all the fun things with tobi?  lol</P>

L

lizlas

<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P></P>

MichaelL

It was covered for me by private insurance -- I'm very lucky to have good coverage. The drug company is supposed to be providing it free right now to people with no insurance coverage. I think they'll also pay up to 20% if your insurance doesn't cover it in full. Initially, one of my insurance companies would pay 60% of the cost and the other one was still reviewing it. The drug company refused to make up the full difference since I had some coverage. This didn't seem consistent with the intention of their program, but luckily my primary insurance company then approved it soon afterwards.

I've been having a lot of ringing in my ears the last couple of weeks, but I have been off TOBI for a week now. This could be caused by other medications that I'm also on. Other than that, I haven't noticed any side effects. With the traditional TOBI, the ear ringing is the only side effect I've generally experienced.

MichaelL

It was covered for me by private insurance -- I'm very lucky to have good coverage. The drug company is supposed to be providing it free right now to people with no insurance coverage. I think they'll also pay up to 20% if your insurance doesn't cover it in full. Initially, one of my insurance companies would pay 60% of the cost and the other one was still reviewing it. The drug company refused to make up the full difference since I had some coverage. This didn't seem consistent with the intention of their program, but luckily my primary insurance company then approved it soon afterwards.

I've been having a lot of ringing in my ears the last couple of weeks, but I have been off TOBI for a week now. This could be caused by other medications that I'm also on. Other than that, I haven't noticed any side effects. With the traditional TOBI, the ear ringing is the only side effect I've generally experienced.

MichaelL

<br />
<br />I've been having a lot of ringing in my ears the last couple of weeks, but I have been off TOBI for a week now. This could be caused by other medications that I'm also on. Other than that, I haven't noticed any side effects. With the traditional TOBI, the ear ringing is the only side effect I've generally experienced.
<br />

C

cfsucks

bump- just wondering people's opinions/results on using the podhaler vs nebulized tobi...

C

cfsucks

bump- just wondering people's opinions/results on using the podhaler vs nebulized tobi...

MichaelL

I've been using TOBI Podhaler since September. In terms of preference, I much prefer the Podhaler because it saves a lot of time over using the nebulizer. The Podhaler treatments are about 5 minutes twice a day. As most people with CF, I have a number of other medical treatments, so I welcome anywhere I can save time.

The level of pseudomonas in my lungs has increased during the last month or two, but I don't have any reason to believe this is related to the Podhaler.

In terms of side effects, I'm on IV antibiotics, so it's hard to attribute side effects to the Podhaler. However, I haven't noticed anything new that I blame on the Podhaler.

MichaelL

I've been using TOBI Podhaler since September. In terms of preference, I much prefer the Podhaler because it saves a lot of time over using the nebulizer. The Podhaler treatments are about 5 minutes twice a day. As most people with CF, I have a number of other medical treatments, so I welcome anywhere I can save time.

The level of pseudomonas in my lungs has increased during the last month or two, but I don't have any reason to believe this is related to the Podhaler.

In terms of side effects, I'm on IV antibiotics, so it's hard to attribute side effects to the Podhaler. However, I haven't noticed anything new that I blame on the Podhaler.

bigstar

Im bringing this up because i was wondering if anyone in Europe is using it. I just emailed Novatis to aske why it is not available yet in Greece. I'll let you know!

bigstar

Im bringing this up because i was wondering if anyone in Europe is using it. I just emailed Novatis to aske why it is not available yet in Greece. I'll let you know!