Toe Walking... relationship to CF

jena

My son, 7yo with CF, walks on his toes. I never thought much about it. It seemed like a habit and I've been more focused on his CF. But lately I've been thinking it's time to figure out "what's up with the tippie toes". I just did a quick search on the internet and found a site (not sure if it's at all credible) that suggested that toe-walking can sometimes be linked to digestive issues. It goes on to explain why but I won't bog this topic down with the science of it all. My son has certain digestive issues being that he IS pancreatic insufficient.

So this leads me to the curious question. Any other CFers out there "toe-walkers" as children??? Especially those of you who have/had pancreatic insufficiency as children.

Interested to hear the response!
Take care,
Jena

jena

My son, 7yo with CF, walks on his toes. I never thought much about it. It seemed like a habit and I've been more focused on his CF. But lately I've been thinking it's time to figure out "what's up with the tippie toes". I just did a quick search on the internet and found a site (not sure if it's at all credible) that suggested that toe-walking can sometimes be linked to digestive issues. It goes on to explain why but I won't bog this topic down with the science of it all. My son has certain digestive issues being that he IS pancreatic insufficient.

So this leads me to the curious question. Any other CFers out there "toe-walkers" as children??? Especially those of you who have/had pancreatic insufficiency as children.

Take care,
Jena

jena

Take care,
Jena

jena

Take care,
Jena

jena

Take care,
Jena

Aka2007

I understand what you talking about. I have issues with muscel tone due to digestive issues. IM me if you would like more info.

Aka2007

I understand what you talking about. I have issues with muscel tone due to digestive issues. IM me if you would like more info.

Aka2007

Aka2007

Aka2007

JazzysMom

Another thought & someone please correct me if I am not remembering right is the med, CIPRO. It can causes tendon or ligament problems with some & maybe that is contributing to it. Of course if he has never been on Cipro then I guess its ruled out.

I have never walked tippie toes. As a matter of fact I walk on my heals unless couples dancing then I am on tippie toes & I am PI

JazzysMom

Another thought & someone please correct me if I am not remembering right is the med, CIPRO. It can causes tendon or ligament problems with some & maybe that is contributing to it. Of course if he has never been on Cipro then I guess its ruled out.

I have never walked tippie toes. As a matter of fact I walk on my heals unless couples dancing then I am on tippie toes & I am PI

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Alyssa

Ok, I have exactly zero experience or knowledge to draw on here, but it sure seems to me that it would have more to do with something physical with the muscles and tendons of the legs, or ankles.... Does he always do it? No doctor has ever noticed it either? Seems to me like it needs to be checked out.

Alyssa

Ok, I have exactly zero experience or knowledge to draw on here, but it sure seems to me that it would have more to do with something physical with the muscles and tendons of the legs, or ankles.... Does he always do it? No doctor has ever noticed it either? Seems to me like it needs to be checked out.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa