totally freaking out....

JazzysMom

My understanding of Cipro is that its a Class C med. There are no long term studies shown to prove it affects infants during pregnancy as its studies on animals.

It is NOT recommended during breast feeding tho.

JazzysMom

My understanding of Cipro is that its a Class C med. There are no long term studies shown to prove it affects infants during pregnancy as its studies on animals.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />It is NOT recommended during breast feeding tho.

austinchick

Well hon, I am not pregnant yet, but I might be able to shed some light on this. I cough up blood quite frequently (every 3-4 mos) and usually if I have a spell that long (10 min or more) it means that I may need to have the blood vessels in my lungs cauterized. I don't know if I am saying this the technical way but, when you have scar tissue in your lungs your blood vessels duplicate to try and heal the scar tissue. Sometimes they burst out of no where. You literally could be walking down the street or sitting down and you will start coughing up a good amount of blood and it is hard to stop. When this happens I drink cold water to get it to stop. This happened to me at a sugarland concert! I have had two cauterization procedures. They are not as bad as you think and are usually out patient. It corrects the problem for about 5 years. I can understand your concern because you are pregnant and coughing up blood is never fun. My doctor made me have these surgeries to prevent me from possibly asperating on the blood. Some people have choked but I think it is pretty rare. You could just have a lung infection but if you weren't really ill or coughing a lot then this may be your issue.

austinchick

Well hon, I am not pregnant yet, but I might be able to shed some light on this. I cough up blood quite frequently (every 3-4 mos) and usually if I have a spell that long (10 min or more) it means that I may need to have the blood vessels in my lungs cauterized. I don't know if I am saying this the technical way but, when you have scar tissue in your lungs your blood vessels duplicate to try and heal the scar tissue. Sometimes they burst out of no where. You literally could be walking down the street or sitting down and you will start coughing up a good amount of blood and it is hard to stop. When this happens I drink cold water to get it to stop. This happened to me at a sugarland concert! I have had two cauterization procedures. They are not as bad as you think and are usually out patient. It corrects the problem for about 5 years. I can understand your concern because you are pregnant and coughing up blood is never fun. My doctor made me have these surgeries to prevent me from possibly asperating on the blood. Some people have choked but I think it is pretty rare. You could just have a lung infection but if you weren't really ill or coughing a lot then this may be your issue.

austinchick

austinchick

austinchick

LouLou

Just wanted to add some info based on austinchick's response. The procedure is called a bronchial artery embolization and is not caterizing. They use coils or a super glue like substance to block the vessel. Caterizing is done for recurring nose bleeds though.

Additionally, I wanted to mention that the major worry with lung bleeds is loss of blood not chocking on the blood I do believe.

LouLou

Just wanted to add some info based on austinchick's response. The procedure is called a bronchial artery embolization and is not caterizing. They use coils or a super glue like substance to block the vessel. Caterizing is done for recurring nose bleeds though.

Additionally, I wanted to mention that the major worry with lung bleeds is loss of blood not chocking on the blood I do believe.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />Additionally, I wanted to mention that the major worry with lung bleeds is loss of blood not chocking on the blood I do believe.

austinchick

LouLou, you are right, that is the surgery name. I could not remember that. I am just going off what my doctor told me and he did say they cauterize the artery. He did not mention anything about glue or coils and when I read about the procedure before hand it did not mention that. He also said that yes it is to prevent loss of blood but also prevent choking. I don't know if you have experienced this but your breathing is completely hindered because blood is gushing out of your nose and mouth which makes it difficult. I am sure that loss of blood is also way up there with concerns.

austinchick

LouLou, you are right, that is the surgery name. I could not remember that. I am just going off what my doctor told me and he did say they cauterize the artery. He did not mention anything about glue or coils and when I read about the procedure before hand it did not mention that. He also said that yes it is to prevent loss of blood but also prevent choking. I don't know if you have experienced this but your breathing is completely hindered because blood is gushing out of your nose and mouth which makes it difficult. I am sure that loss of blood is also way up there with concerns.

austinchick

austinchick

austinchick