totally freaking out....

austinchick

That is the surgery's name. I do not remember anything about glue or coils in the information I read about the procedure before I put myself through it. When this sort of thing happens it is quite easy to lose your breath because blood is gushing from your nose and mouth. I haven't choked but it sure did feel that way. Yes, I'm sure blood loss is a big concern if you cannot get it to stop. Before I had the procedure I weighed out the risks with the benefits. Of course surgery is never a good thing to do because there can always be complications. However, when I researched online (which I admit may not always be the best place) the storys of people who died asperating on their blood scared me enough to do the surgery.

austinchick

That is the surgery's name. I do not remember anything about glue or coils in the information I read about the procedure before I put myself through it. When this sort of thing happens it is quite easy to lose your breath because blood is gushing from your nose and mouth. I haven't choked but it sure did feel that way. Yes, I'm sure blood loss is a big concern if you cannot get it to stop. Before I had the procedure I weighed out the risks with the benefits. Of course surgery is never a good thing to do because there can always be complications. However, when I researched online (which I admit may not always be the best place) the storys of people who died asperating on their blood scared me enough to do the surgery.

austinchick

austinchick

austinchick

LouLou

Yes, I had an embolization in 2/08. It has been very beneficial. I would worry about doing it during pregnancy due to the need for flouroscopy.

LouLou

Yes, I had an embolization in 2/08. It has been very beneficial. I would worry about doing it during pregnancy due to the need for flouroscopy.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

austinchick

Sorry I didn't mean to post that twice. I thought my computer didn't send it! Yeah I'm sure you don't really want to have any type of surgery when your pregnant.

austinchick

Sorry I didn't mean to post that twice. I thought my computer didn't send it! Yeah I'm sure you don't really want to have any type of surgery when your pregnant.

austinchick

austinchick

austinchick

deanna

Well I will tell from my experience, I have 3 children and was on anti-biotics through all three. Odviously in a perfect situation you would not want to use any, but you are not in that situation and you have to out weigh the pros and cons of the drugs. I was on many meds that were not approved for pregnancy, but there have not been many studies done on these drugs, so they monitored everything very close, being sure to do levels regularly on the i.v. drugs and making sure to use proper doses on others. My kids all are fine, I know hearing is a big concern for unborn children, my all hear to good. Haha.
As far as the bleeding, I was a bleeder, and did go through a few embolizations. All is well, now. Seeing blood is always scary. When you are pregnant your blood volume increases quite a bit, and so does pressure, so you definately want to watch that closely. But don't panic, watch for signs of it being more than usual, and not stopping. Error on the side of caution, for sure. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. Oh and your free time, because soon your arms will be full, and this will all be worth it.

deanna

Well I will tell from my experience, I have 3 children and was on anti-biotics through all three. Odviously in a perfect situation you would not want to use any, but you are not in that situation and you have to out weigh the pros and cons of the drugs. I was on many meds that were not approved for pregnancy, but there have not been many studies done on these drugs, so they monitored everything very close, being sure to do levels regularly on the i.v. drugs and making sure to use proper doses on others. My kids all are fine, I know hearing is a big concern for unborn children, my all hear to good. Haha.
As far as the bleeding, I was a bleeder, and did go through a few embolizations. All is well, now. Seeing blood is always scary. When you are pregnant your blood volume increases quite a bit, and so does pressure, so you definately want to watch that closely. But don't panic, watch for signs of it being more than usual, and not stopping. Error on the side of caution, for sure. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. Oh and your free time, because soon your arms will be full, and this will all be worth it.

deanna

deanna

deanna

<br /> As far as the bleeding, I was a bleeder, and did go through a few embolizations. All is well, now. Seeing blood is always scary. When you are pregnant your blood volume increases quite a bit, and so does pressure, so you definately want to watch that closely. But don't panic, watch for signs of it being more than usual, and not stopping. Error on the side of caution, for sure. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. Oh and your free time, because soon your arms will be full, and this will all be worth it.