Transplant Thank-You

Scars

I was never asked to write one, the donor family wanted to meet me after recovery, I thought it was too soon.

Scars

I was never asked to write one, the donor family wanted to meet me after recovery, I thought it was too soon.

Scars

Scars

Scars

D

donny71

Well i ended up writing it and finishing it just today, I'm handing it in tomorrow. It feels right so I'm happy with that.

I got mine done in Edmonton. I was actually unable to get up and move around after transplant because I was intubated for 2 weeks prior. So it took just over a week or two before I was able to walk again. But its actually apart of the program here to stay in the city for 3 months regardless of how your doing. They keep a pretty close eye on yah, and its mandatory to attend physio therapy 5 days a week. You do weights tredmill and pretty much a full body work out.

I have a blog if you want to check it out, it details pretty much my whole journey.

http://donovanstransplantjourney.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

good luck with your next PFTs!

D

donny71

Well i ended up writing it and finishing it just today, I'm handing it in tomorrow. It feels right so I'm happy with that.

I got mine done in Edmonton. I was actually unable to get up and move around after transplant because I was intubated for 2 weeks prior. So it took just over a week or two before I was able to walk again. But its actually apart of the program here to stay in the city for 3 months regardless of how your doing. They keep a pretty close eye on yah, and its mandatory to attend physio therapy 5 days a week. You do weights tredmill and pretty much a full body work out.

I have a blog if you want to check it out, it details pretty much my whole journey.

D

donny71

D

donny71

D

donny71

CountryGirl

Hey, I actually started writing my letter as soon as I got out of the hospital. My emotions were really strong then and I felt like I could really thank them. I didnt finish the letter till the night before my annual tx appt. this past july. It was about two pages long hand written, I wrote it on the computer first but then hand wrote it because I thought it felt more personal.

In October I ended up with a bout of rejection and had to go back to Stanford. My first day there the doctor came in with a letter for me. It was from my donor's father. It was the best feeling to know he cared about how I was doing and wanted to keep in touch.

If you send me your email I'll email you a copy of my letter and maybe you could get a feel of how to write yours.

CountryGirl

Hey, I actually started writing my letter as soon as I got out of the hospital. My emotions were really strong then and I felt like I could really thank them. I didnt finish the letter till the night before my annual tx appt. this past july. It was about two pages long hand written, I wrote it on the computer first but then hand wrote it because I thought it felt more personal.

In October I ended up with a bout of rejection and had to go back to Stanford. My first day there the doctor came in with a letter for me. It was from my donor's father. It was the best feeling to know he cared about how I was doing and wanted to keep in touch.

If you send me your email I'll email you a copy of my letter and maybe you could get a feel of how to write yours.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />In October I ended up with a bout of rejection and had to go back to Stanford. My first day there the doctor came in with a letter for me. It was from my donor's father. It was the best feeling to know he cared about how I was doing and wanted to keep in touch.
<br />
<br />If you send me your email I'll email you a copy of my letter and maybe you could get a feel of how to write yours.