transplant

Joanne

jfarel,

You have many great questions. There is a book out there on lung transplantation, and you can buy it at the 2nd Wind site. Called Lung Transplantation.

Everyone has to have an allocation score. The higher the score, the closer you are to tx. They do not want to tx someone who has somewhat good lung functions, because there are risks with lung tx, you don't want them until it is truly time.

Lungs must be tx'd with 4-8 hours after they are recovered. You will not get lungs from all over the country. The country is divided into regions and they ideally want them from the region you are listed in.

As far as you anyone feeling like "I don't need lungs, why is the doc saying I do". You have acclimated, adjusted to your life. You truly do not know what healthy lungs feel like, it has been awile since you had good function and abilities. I had the same feeling. But my health said otherwise.

Email me if I can be of help.
I am almost 12 years post lung tx.
Joanne

Joanne

jfarel,

You have many great questions. There is a book out there on lung transplantation, and you can buy it at the 2nd Wind site. Called Lung Transplantation.

Everyone has to have an allocation score. The higher the score, the closer you are to tx. They do not want to tx someone who has somewhat good lung functions, because there are risks with lung tx, you don't want them until it is truly time.

Lungs must be tx'd with 4-8 hours after they are recovered. You will not get lungs from all over the country. The country is divided into regions and they ideally want them from the region you are listed in.

As far as you anyone feeling like "I don't need lungs, why is the doc saying I do". You have acclimated, adjusted to your life. You truly do not know what healthy lungs feel like, it has been awile since you had good function and abilities. I had the same feeling. But my health said otherwise.

Joanne

Joanne

jfarel,

Joanne

Joanne

jfarel,
<br />
<br />You have many great questions. There is a book out there on lung transplantation, and you can buy it at the 2nd Wind site. Called Lung Transplantation.
<br />
<br />Everyone has to have an allocation score. The higher the score, the closer you are to tx. They do not want to tx someone who has somewhat good lung functions, because there are risks with lung tx, you don't want them until it is truly time.
<br />
<br />Lungs must be tx'd with 4-8 hours after they are recovered. You will not get lungs from all over the country. The country is divided into regions and they ideally want them from the region you are listed in.
<br />
<br />As far as you anyone feeling like "I don't need lungs, why is the doc saying I do". You have acclimated, adjusted to your life. You truly do not know what healthy lungs feel like, it has been awile since you had good function and abilities. I had the same feeling. But my health said otherwise.
<br />
<br />Email me if I can be of help.
<br />I am almost 12 years post lung tx.
<br />Joanne