Traveling by plane with medication?

jacquienj

My advice would be to contact the airline prior to departure to insure that it is noted in the system. August '06 we travelled to Ireland ....only 2 weeks after they implemented the "no liquids" rule, with an entire cooler of IV antibiotics, TOBI, Pulmozyme! It was probably the worst possible time to travel w/ liquids, but the effort put into the preparation, so as not to have an issue at the airport, was worth it!

jacquienj

My advice would be to contact the airline prior to departure to insure that it is noted in the system. August '06 we travelled to Ireland ....only 2 weeks after they implemented the "no liquids" rule, with an entire cooler of IV antibiotics, TOBI, Pulmozyme! It was probably the worst possible time to travel w/ liquids, but the effort put into the preparation, so as not to have an issue at the airport, was worth it!

jacquienj

mamaScarlett

Pulmozyme can safely be at room temperature if it is less than 24 hrs duration. If it turns cloudy do not use it.<br><A HREF="http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/opportunistic/pulmozyme/">http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/opportunistic/pulmozyme/</A><br>So basically if you have it out for 15 hrs, you can't have the same vial out for another 15 hrs a week later even if it was in the fridge for the whole week. Make sense?<br>When I travel I put it in a baby bottle cooler bc its so small, with a small ice pack. Typically we only fly to FL so its in the cooler for about 9-10 hrs. When I flew to Egypt it was a 20 hr trip total, so I asked the flight attendant to put it in the fridge. She would not, for some 'procedural' reason. But she did offer me ice bags and to put my ice pack in their freezer so that was helpful.<br>Your meds will be fine. Enjoy the trip<br>

mamaScarlett

Pulmozyme can safely be at room temperature if it is less than 24 hrs duration. If it turns cloudy do not use it.<br><A HREF="http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/opportunistic/pulmozyme/">http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/opportunistic/pulmozyme/</A><br>So basically if you have it out for 15 hrs, you can't have the same vial out for another 15 hrs a week later even if it was in the fridge for the whole week. Make sense?<br>When I travel I put it in a baby bottle cooler bc its so small, with a small ice pack. Typically we only fly to FL so its in the cooler for about 9-10 hrs. When I flew to Egypt it was a 20 hr trip total, so I asked the flight attendant to put it in the fridge. She would not, for some 'procedural' reason. But she did offer me ice bags and to put my ice pack in their freezer so that was helpful.<br>Your meds will be fine. Enjoy the trip<br>

mamaScarlett

E

EMILIAsParents

Traveling by plane with PULMOZYME

Hello,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">We have been recently relocated from Mexico to the US in Houston, TX.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Our primary health insurance is from a company in Mexico. Since this insurance is covering our CF needs such as the PULMOZYME, we have to bring it to the US from Mexico every single month, the insurance company won't give us more than I month supply and we cannot use an US supplier. Therefore I can tell you that I have traveled internationally with the pulmozyme more than 20 times.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">We use a simple insulated bag, you want to use a different size depending on the length of your trip. We usually use a typical insulated lunch bag.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">The most important thing is to keep it cool, we use ice packs and use one on each side per 2 envelopes of Pulomzyme. this means <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000099" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">ICE - pulmozime - pulmozime - ICE.</font></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">The ice pack lasts for around 12 hrs, if your travel time is 6 hrs. you should have enough time.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">On the go.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">If you're staying in a hotel, Take the pulmozyme to your room and place it on the minibar, then take the icepacks to the Restaurant or Bar and ask them to put them on a freezer so you'll have them ready when you leave.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">At the airport, DO NOT be nervous or suspicious, you're doing nothing wrong, just tell them the truth IF THEY ASK, if they don't you don't have to say a word. Bring a copy of your prescription in just in case they ask for it, you shouldn't have any problems.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Just to be safe it's better to bring it with you on the plane but if you want to check it in is fine too, the Pulmozyme will be fine, you just have the risk of a luggage being lost.</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">I hope this help,</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Berst Regards,</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Jeronimo</div><div><br></div>

E

EMILIAsParents

Hello,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">We have been recently relocated from Mexico to the US in Houston, TX.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Our primary health insurance is from a company in Mexico. Since this insurance is covering our CF needs such as the PULMOZYME,we have to bring it to the USfrom Mexicoevery single month, the insurance company won't give us more than I month supply and we cannot use an US supplier. Therefore I can tell you that I have traveled internationally with the pulmozyme more than 20 times.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">We use a simple insulated bag,you want to use a different sizedepending on the length of your trip. We usually use a typical insulated lunch bag.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">The most important thing is to keep it cool, we use ice packs and use one on each side per 2 envelopes of Pulomzyme. this means<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000099" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">ICE - pulmozime -pulmozime - ICE.</font><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">The ice pack lasts for around 12 hrs, if your travel time is 6 hrs. you should have enough time.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">On the go.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">If you're staying in a hotel,Take the pulmozyme to your room and place it on the minibar, thentake the icepacks to the Restaurant or Bar and ask them to put them on a freezer so you'll have them ready when you leave.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">At the airport, DO NOT be nervous or suspicious, you're doing nothing wrong, just tell them the truth IF THEY ASK, if they don't you don't have to say a word.Bring a copy of your prescription in just in case they ask for it, you shouldn't have any problems.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Just to be safe it's better to bring it with you on the plane but if you want to check it in is fine too, the Pulmozyme will be fine, you just have the risk of a luggage being lost.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">I hope this help,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Berst Regards,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Jeronimo<br>

E

EMILIAsParents

Hello,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">We have been recently relocated from Mexico to the US in Houston, TX.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Our primary health insurance is from a company in Mexico. Since this insurance is covering our CF needs such as the PULMOZYME,we have to bring it to the USfrom Mexicoevery single month, the insurance company won't give us more than I month supply and we cannot use an US supplier. Therefore I can tell you that I have traveled internationally with the pulmozyme more than 20 times.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">We use a simple insulated bag,you want to use a different sizedepending on the length of your trip. We usually use a typical insulated lunch bag.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">The most important thing is to keep it cool, we use ice packs and use one on each side per 2 envelopes of Pulomzyme. this means<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000099" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">ICE - pulmozime -pulmozime - ICE.</font><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">The ice pack lasts for around 12 hrs, if your travel time is 6 hrs. you should have enough time.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">On the go.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">If you're staying in a hotel,Take the pulmozyme to your room and place it on the minibar, thentake the icepacks to the Restaurant or Bar and ask them to put them on a freezer so you'll have them ready when you leave.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">At the airport, DO NOT be nervous or suspicious, you're doing nothing wrong, just tell them the truth IF THEY ASK, if they don't you don't have to say a word.Bring a copy of your prescription in just in case they ask for it, you shouldn't have any problems.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Just to be safe it's better to bring it with you on the plane but if you want to check it in is fine too, the Pulmozyme will be fine, you just have the risk of a luggage being lost.<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">I hope this help,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Berst Regards,<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "><br><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Jeronimo<br>

mamaScarlett

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jacquienj</b></i>

My advice would be to contact the airline prior to departure to insure that it is noted in the system. August '06 we travelled to Ireland ....only 2 weeks after they implemented the "no liquids" rule, with an entire cooler of IV antibiotics, TOBI, Pulmozyme! It was probably the worst possible time to travel w/ liquids, but the effort put into the preparation, so as not to have an issue at the airport, was worth it!</end quote></div><br><br>The no liquid rule does not apply to medication regardless of quantity. But alot of people have been hassled a few years back. Bottom line they must allow you to bring your meds on. If you are very concerned bring a letter. You will not even have to use it, but if it gives you peace of mind get one. We fly about 8 times a year and the only time I've ever had to whip out my letter is in Egypt at a tiny airport in the desert where no one spoke English and I didn't speak enough Arabic. lol (not that they could read the letter, but I guess the fancy official letterhead was enough! lol)<br>

mamaScarlett

My advice would be to contact the airline prior to departure to insure that it is noted in the system. August '06 we travelled to Ireland ....only 2 weeks after they implemented the "no liquids" rule, with an entire cooler of IV antibiotics, TOBI, Pulmozyme! It was probably the worst possible time to travel w/ liquids, but the effort put into the preparation, so as not to have an issue at the airport, was worth it!</end quote><br><br>The no liquid rule does not apply to medication regardless of quantity. But alot of people have been hassled a few years back. Bottom line they must allow you to bring your meds on. If you are very concerned bring a letter. You will not even have to use it, but if it gives you peace of mind get one. We fly about 8 times a year and the only time I've ever had to whip out my letter is in Egypt at a tiny airport in the desert where no one spoke English and I didn't speak enough Arabic. lol (not that they could read the letter, but I guess the fancy official letterhead was enough! lol)<br>

mamaScarlett

My advice would be to contact the airline prior to departure to insure that it is noted in the system. August '06 we travelled to Ireland ....only 2 weeks after they implemented the "no liquids" rule, with an entire cooler of IV antibiotics, TOBI, Pulmozyme! It was probably the worst possible time to travel w/ liquids, but the effort put into the preparation, so as not to have an issue at the airport, was worth it!</end quote><br><br>The no liquid rule does not apply to medication regardless of quantity. But alot of people have been hassled a few years back. Bottom line they must allow you to bring your meds on. If you are very concerned bring a letter. You will not even have to use it, but if it gives you peace of mind get one. We fly about 8 times a year and the only time I've ever had to whip out my letter is in Egypt at a tiny airport in the desert where no one spoke English and I didn't speak enough Arabic. lol (not that they could read the letter, but I guess the fancy official letterhead was enough! lol)<br>

Wingnatic

<P>I travel often to Canada with my 26 year old CF son . I live on the Detroit/Windsor Ontario border and have many friends in Canada . I would call your airlines (Air Canada?) and pose some of these questions to them , you will be boarding aircraft in Canada , thats part 1 .</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Part 2 is what do they allow into the USA when you get here . I've always travel by car , but the same applies . </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Passengers requiring prescription medications should always carry them on board in their carry-on baggage. This is especially important if you are taking medication for heart disease, diabetes, or seizures. Passengers with severe allergies should carry one or more Epipens as they would under any other circumstances.</P>
<P>Although insulin does not generally require refrigeration, passengers wishing to keep their medication cold are asked to bring a small cooler, as the cabin crew is unable to look after medication on board. If available, extra ice may be provided as needed. </P>
<P><A href="<A HREF="http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html">http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html</A>"><A HREF="http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html">http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html</A></A></P>
<P> </P>
<P>MedicationRule of thumb: <FONT color=#ff0000>When you go abroad, take the medicines you will need, no more, no less.</FONT> Narcotics and certain other drugs with a high potential for abuse - Rohypnol, GHB and Fen-Phen, to name a few - may not be brought into the United States, and there are severe penalties for trying to do so. If you need medicines that contain potentially addictive drugs or narcotics (e.g., some cough medicines, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, antidepressants or stimulants), do the following:</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Declare all drugs, medicinals, and similar products to the appropriate CBP official;Carry such substances in their original containers;Carry only the quantity of such substances that a person with that condition (e.g., chronic pain) would normally carry for his/her personal use; and<FONT color=#ff0000>Carry a prescription or written statement from your physician that the substances are being used under a doctor's supervision and that they are necessary for your physical well being while traveling.</FONT></P>
<P> </P>
<P><A href="<A HREF="http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml">http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml</A>"><A HREF="http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml">http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml</A></A></P>
<P> </P>
<P>What's worked for us is we always take 1 extra day of meds in case we decide to stay another day (we drive by car) but you never know when a flight home will be delayed .</P>
<P>Always carry each med <FONT color=#ff0000>in the container it came with</FONT> , and only take the amount you will need for the visit . Leave the rest at home . I've never personally been questioned about the meds on either side of the border , but its best to be prepared in case you are questioned. Only answer questions they ask you , never offer any info they don't ask you , don't joke with them either , because charm school isn't a qualification to become a U.S. Customs Agent . Have a safe trip !</P>

Wingnatic

<P>I travel often to Canada with my 26 year old CF son . I live on the Detroit/Windsor Ontario border and have many friends in Canada . I would call your airlines (Air Canada?) and pose some of these questions to them , you will be boarding aircraft in Canada , thats part 1 .</P>
<P></P>
<P>Part 2 is what do they allow into the USA when you get here . I've always travel by car , but the same applies . </P>
<P></P>
<P>Passengers requiring prescription medications should always carry them on board in their carry-on baggage. This is especially important if you are taking medication for heart disease, diabetes, or seizures. Passengers with severe allergies should carry one or more Epipens as they would under any other circumstances.</P>
<P>Although insulin does not generally require refrigeration, passengers wishing to keep their medication cold are asked to bring a small cooler, as the cabin crew is unable to look after medication on board. If available, extra ice may be provided as needed. </P>
<P><A href="<A HREF="http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html">http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html</A>"><A HREF="http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html">http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html</A></A></P>
<P></P>
<P>MedicationRule of thumb: <FONT color=#ff0000>When you go abroad, take the medicines you will need, no more, no less.</FONT> Narcotics and certain other drugs with a high potential for abuse - Rohypnol, GHB and Fen-Phen, to name a few - may not be brought into the United States, and there are severe penalties for trying to do so. If you need medicines that contain potentially addictive drugs or narcotics (e.g., some cough medicines, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, antidepressants or stimulants), do the following:</P>
<P></P>
<P>Declare all drugs, medicinals, and similar products to the appropriate CBP official;Carry such substances in their original containers;Carry only the quantity of such substances that a person with that condition (e.g., chronic pain) would normally carry for his/her personal use; and<FONT color=#ff0000>Carry a prescription or written statement from your physician that the substances are being used under a doctor's supervision and that they are necessary for your physical well being while traveling.</FONT></P>
<P></P>
<P><A href="<A HREF="http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml">http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml</A>"><A HREF="http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml">http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml</A></A></P>
<P></P>
<P>What's worked for us is we always take 1 extra day of meds in case we decide to stay another day (we drive by car) but you never know when a flight home will be delayed .</P>
<P>Always carry each med <FONT color=#ff0000>in the container it came with</FONT> , and only take the amount you will need for the visit . Leave the rest at home . I've neverpersonally been questioned about the meds on either side of the border , but its best to be prepared in case you are questioned. Only answer questions they ask you , never offer any info they don't ask you , don't joke with them either , because charm school isn't a qualification to become a U.S. Customs Agent . Have a safe trip !</P>

Wingnatic

<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Medication<BR>Rule of thumb: <FONT color=#ff0000>When you go abroad, take the medicines you will need, no more, no less.</FONT> Narcotics and certain other drugs with a high potential for abuse - Rohypnol, GHB and Fen-Phen, to name a few - may not be brought into the United States, and there are severe penalties for trying to do so. If you need medicines that contain potentially addictive drugs or narcotics (e.g., some cough medicines, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, antidepressants or stimulants), do the following:</P>
<P></P>
<P>Declare all drugs, medicinals, and similar products to the appropriate CBP official;<BR>Carry such substances in their original containers;<BR>Carry only the quantity of such substances that a person with that condition (e.g., chronic pain) would normally carry for his/her personal use; and<BR><FONT color=#ff0000>Carry a prescription or written statement from your physician that the substances are being used under a doctor's supervision and that they are necessary for your physical well being while traveling.</FONT></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Always carry each med <FONT color=#ff0000>in the container it came with</FONT> , and only take the amount you will need for the visit . Leave the rest at home . I've neverpersonally been questioned about the meds on either side of the border , but its best to be prepared in case you are questioned. Only answer questions they ask you , never offer any info they don't ask you , don't joke with them either , because charm school isn't a qualification to become a U.S. Customs Agent . Have a safe trip !<BR></P>

mackenziesmom

We have traveled a lot with medication as well as medical equipment. It helps to have a note from the doctor. It will make the TSA process a little faster. (My son was always pulled for extra screening.) The airline my husband words for recommends and I think requires a doctor's note. Also, do not let them put your equipment in the baggage compartment. Don't wait until the last minute to tell someone you are traveling with expensive medical equipment. Go up to the desk and tell the gate agent. Chances are, they will let you board early to make sure there is room for your bags.<div>Most flight attendants will be happy to keep your meds on ice for you. If you get someone who is less than cordial, ask another attendant. Just don't forget to ask for them before you leave the plane. The best time is when the plane begins its descent. Don't wait till the last minute when the attendants are busy collecting cups and making sure everyone has their trays up.</div>

mackenziesmom

We have traveled a lot with medication as well as medical equipment. It helps to have a note from the doctor. It will make the TSA process a little faster. (My son was always pulled for extra screening.) The airline my husband words for recommends and I think requires a doctor's note. Also, do not let them put your equipment in the baggage compartment. Don't wait until the last minute to tell someone you are traveling with expensive medical equipment. Go up to the desk and tell the gate agent. Chances are, they will let you board early to make sure there is room for your bags.Most flight attendants will be happy to keep your meds on ice for you. If you get someone who is less than cordial, ask another attendant. Just don't forget to ask for them before you leave the plane. The best time is when the plane begins its descent. Don't wait till the last minute when the attendants are busy collecting cups and making sure everyone has their trays up.

mackenziesmom

We have traveled a lot with medication as well as medical equipment. It helps to have a note from the doctor. It will make the TSA process a little faster. (My son was always pulled for extra screening.) The airline my husband words for recommends and I think requires a doctor's note. Also, do not let them put your equipment in the baggage compartment. Don't wait until the last minute to tell someone you are traveling with expensive medical equipment. Go up to the desk and tell the gate agent. Chances are, they will let you board early to make sure there is room for your bags.Most flight attendants will be happy to keep your meds on ice for you. If you get someone who is less than cordial, ask another attendant. Just don't forget to ask for them before you leave the plane. The best time is when the plane begins its descent. Don't wait till the last minute when the attendants are busy collecting cups and making sure everyone has their trays up.

mackenziesmom

We have traveled a lot with medication as well as medical equipment. It helps to have a note from the doctor. It will make the TSA process a little faster. (My son was always pulled for extra screening.) The airline my husband words for recommends and I think requires a doctor's note. Also, do not let them put your equipment in the baggage compartment. Don't wait until the last minute to tell someone you are traveling with expensive medical equipment. Go up to the desk and tell the gate agent. Chances are, they will let you board early to make sure there is room for your bags.<div>Most flight attendants will be happy to keep your meds on ice for you. If you get someone who is less than cordial, ask another attendant. Just don't forget to ask for them before you leave the plane. The best time is when the plane begins its descent. Don't wait till the last minute when the attendants are busy collecting cups and making sure everyone has their trays up.</div>

mackenziesmom