Traveling with meds

CFHockeyMom

Heading out of town for Easter Break and I need a "refresh" on what to do with Sean's Nebulizer, HS, and Pulmozyme. Obviously we'll be bringing these as carry-on so I need some advice about how to get them on the plane. I'm mostly concerned with the liquids. Do we need a Dr's note? Original packaging?

Thanks!!!

CFHockeyMom

Heading out of town for Easter Break and I need a "refresh" on what to do with Sean's Nebulizer, HS, and Pulmozyme. Obviously we'll be bringing these as carry-on so I need some advice about how to get them on the plane. I'm mostly concerned with the liquids. Do we need a Dr's note? Original packaging?

Thanks!!!

CFHockeyMom

Thanks!!!

CFHockeyMom

Thanks!!!

CFHockeyMom

<br />
<br />Thanks!!!

hmw

I would bring the Pulmozyme box w/ the pham. label on it with just however many vials you'll be needing in it... with a good-quality ice pack to keep it cold. Doesn't the HTS also come in single-use vials as well that you mix up as you use it? (we don't use it but I've seen pix of the kits.) I'd do the same with that. I would think as long as the boxes have the pharm. label on them you wouldn't need a dr. note, since your child's name, prescribing doctor, and drug description/dosage instructions (i.e. 'inhale one vial daily') are right on the label. They may want to see the equipment (neb, vest); different airports vary in their security protocol so I would call the airport ahead to ask about the easiest way to check in & board with that stuff.

hmw

I would bring the Pulmozyme box w/ the pham. label on it with just however many vials you'll be needing in it... with a good-quality ice pack to keep it cold. Doesn't the HTS also come in single-use vials as well that you mix up as you use it? (we don't use it but I've seen pix of the kits.) I'd do the same with that. I would think as long as the boxes have the pharm. label on them you wouldn't need a dr. note, since your child's name, prescribing doctor, and drug description/dosage instructions (i.e. 'inhale one vial daily') are right on the label. They may want to see the equipment (neb, vest); different airports vary in their security protocol so I would call the airport ahead to ask about the easiest way to check in & board with that stuff.

hmw

hmw

hmw

just1more

A Dr note is nice, but not legally required. As long as they are prescribed (ie pharmacy labeled with kids name) then TSA will let you through. They are pretty well versed with meds at the airport and you shouldn't have an issue.

One trick, make sure they are packed in a separate cooler/lunch bag/etc as they have to be hand-inspected.

just1more

A Dr note is nice, but not legally required. As long as they are prescribed (ie pharmacy labeled with kids name) then TSA will let you through. They are pretty well versed with meds at the airport and you shouldn't have an issue.

One trick, make sure they are packed in a separate cooler/lunch bag/etc as they have to be hand-inspected.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />One trick, make sure they are packed in a separate cooler/lunch bag/etc as they have to be hand-inspected.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had a bottle of ursodiol last time and instead of the box of pulmozyme. I just packed enough of the foil packets and stuck the label from the box onto the outside of one of the packets. Ditto when we've traveled with tobi. Use a small lunch bag cooler with a polarpack icepack

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had a bottle of ursodiol last time and instead of the box of pulmozyme. I just packed enough of the foil packets and stuck the label from the box onto the outside of one of the packets. Ditto when we've traveled with tobi. Use a small lunch bag cooler with a polarpack icepack

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member