Trying find a mechanical chest percussion device for my cousin with CF.

cmcintosh

Hi,
I have a cousin with CF. She's 14 and her CF is really getting aggressive. The vibrater vests are like $10,000 and there is no way they can afford that. Does anyone know where we could get a used vest machine or a mechanical percussion machine for her. I believe she would benefit greatly from some chest physical therapy. Thanks.

cmcintosh

Hi,
I have a cousin with CF. She's 14 and her CF is really getting aggressive. The vibrater vests are like $10,000 and there is no way they can afford that. Does anyone know where we could get a used vest machine or a mechanical percussion machine for her. I believe she would benefit greatly from some chest physical therapy. Thanks.

cmcintosh

Hi,

cmcintosh

Hi,

cmcintosh

Hi,
<br />I have a cousin with CF. She's 14 and her CF is really getting aggressive. The vibrater vests are like $10,000 and there is no way they can afford that. Does anyone know where we could get a used vest machine or a mechanical percussion machine for her. I believe she would benefit greatly from some chest physical therapy. Thanks.

jimiv

There are some percussion massager for people for their backs which is a good substitute if there is trouble paying for a vest. I have one from Homemedics and it works great. We have a vest now and I still use the massager for my back.

jimiv

There are some percussion massager for people for their backs which is a good substitute if there is trouble paying for a vest. I have one from Homemedics and it works great. We have a vest now and I still use the massager for my back.

jimiv

jimiv

jimiv

letefk

I am afraid I don't know the details, I do recall others posting here that the makers of the VEST had programs to help families that cannot afford the VEST because they are not insured, or insurance will not cover it.

I did not see anything about this on the website (www.thevest.com), but I would imagine a CF clinic might know the answer. I know our clinic fought tooth and nail with our insurance company when they denied coverage of my daughters vest.

letefk

I am afraid I don't know the details, I do recall others posting here that the makers of the VEST had programs to help families that cannot afford the VEST because they are not insured, or insurance will not cover it.

I did not see anything about this on the website (www.thevest.com), but I would imagine a CF clinic might know the answer. I know our clinic fought tooth and nail with our insurance company when they denied coverage of my daughters vest.

letefk

letefk

letefk

<br />
<br />I did not see anything about this on the website (www.thevest.com), but I would imagine a CF clinic might know the answer. I know our clinic fought tooth and nail with our insurance company when they denied coverage of my daughters vest.