Trying to find new ways to stay healthy.

ChevyZ71

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>NYCLawGirl</b></i>

do you see frank accurso then? you have an AMAZING doctor! tell him piper says hello!</end quote></div>Sorry No, I started with Frank, but his busy schedule made me switch Doctors to Dr. Wagner, Then he left to study CF more and try and find a cure, so now I have Robin Deterding(you may have seen her on TV).

To everyone else yes I try and exercise as much as possible but I live on a farm and get a ot of exercise there.

And the eating utensils, I dont know why I use them, but I do find them conveniant, And being a CFer We eat all the time, so I keep them with me everywhere I go becuase you never know when you are going to find somthing to eat. Also have you ever been in a kwik-e-mart and got a thing of nachoes(not recomended) and went to grab that fork that is piled in with about 100 differnt forks and you dont know which one sombodys touched or sneezed on?

ChevyZ71

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>NYCLawGirl</b></i>

do you see frank accurso then? you have an AMAZING doctor! tell him piper says hello!</end quote></div>Sorry No, I started with Frank, but his busy schedule made me switch Doctors to Dr. Wagner, Then he left to study CF more and try and find a cure, so now I have Robin Deterding(you may have seen her on TV).

To everyone else yes I try and exercise as much as possible but I live on a farm and get a ot of exercise there.

And the eating utensils, I dont know why I use them, but I do find them conveniant, And being a CFer We eat all the time, so I keep them with me everywhere I go becuase you never know when you are going to find somthing to eat. Also have you ever been in a kwik-e-mart and got a thing of nachoes(not recomended) and went to grab that fork that is piled in with about 100 differnt forks and you dont know which one sombodys touched or sneezed on?

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

do you see frank accurso then? you have an AMAZING doctor! tell him piper says hello!</end quote>Sorry No, I started with Frank, but his busy schedule made me switch Doctors to Dr. Wagner, Then he left to study CF more and try and find a cure, so now I have Robin Deterding(you may have seen her on TV).

ChevyZ71

<br />
<br />do you see frank accurso then? you have an AMAZING doctor! tell him piper says hello!</end quote>Sorry No, I started with Frank, but his busy schedule made me switch Doctors to Dr. Wagner, Then he left to study CF more and try and find a cure, so now I have Robin Deterding(you may have seen her on TV).
<br />
<br />To everyone else yes I try and exercise as much as possible but I live on a farm and get a ot of exercise there.
<br />
<br />And the eating utensils, I dont know why I use them, but I do find them conveniant, And being a CFer We eat all the time, so I keep them with me everywhere I go becuase you never know when you are going to find somthing to eat. Also have you ever been in a kwik-e-mart and got a thing of nachoes(not recomended) and went to grab that fork that is piled in with about 100 differnt forks and you dont know which one sombodys touched or sneezed on?
<br />
<br />

MicheleGazelle

I have found that it's possible to do a lot of stuff kind of subtly. There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond. That's not something "obvious", like wearing a mask, but it makes a difference. I focus a lot on keeping my home clean and toxin-free. I leave my shoes at the front door. I shower promptly and soak my clothes promptly if I have been exposed to something that is bothering me. We don't use toxic cleaners. I make sure I get enough sea salt and keep my PH balance under control. Those two are like invisible shields for me and help ward off infections.

I do a lot of stuff but I think most folks don't really notice. Only a few people at work know I have CF. I don't care if people know, but there isn't enough time in the day to explain it properly to folks and I don't need it to turn into a circus (like I don't need 30 emails every time I sneeze). So I work at finding solutions that aren't too glaringly obvious so I can avoid drawing that kind of attention.

There's more info about what I do here:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://healthgazelle.org/">http://healthgazelle.org/</a>

MicheleGazelle

I have found that it's possible to do a lot of stuff kind of subtly. There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond. That's not something "obvious", like wearing a mask, but it makes a difference. I focus a lot on keeping my home clean and toxin-free. I leave my shoes at the front door. I shower promptly and soak my clothes promptly if I have been exposed to something that is bothering me. We don't use toxic cleaners. I make sure I get enough sea salt and keep my PH balance under control. Those two are like invisible shields for me and help ward off infections.

I do a lot of stuff but I think most folks don't really notice. Only a few people at work know I have CF. I don't care if people know, but there isn't enough time in the day to explain it properly to folks and I don't need it to turn into a circus (like I don't need 30 emails every time I sneeze). So I work at finding solutions that aren't too glaringly obvious so I can avoid drawing that kind of attention.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://healthgazelle.org/">http://healthgazelle.org/</a>

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />I have found that it's possible to do a lot of stuff kind of subtly. There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond. That's not something "obvious", like wearing a mask, but it makes a difference. I focus a lot on keeping my home clean and toxin-free. I leave my shoes at the front door. I shower promptly and soak my clothes promptly if I have been exposed to something that is bothering me. We don't use toxic cleaners. I make sure I get enough sea salt and keep my PH balance under control. Those two are like invisible shields for me and help ward off infections.
<br />
<br />I do a lot of stuff but I think most folks don't really notice. Only a few people at work know I have CF. I don't care if people know, but there isn't enough time in the day to explain it properly to folks and I don't need it to turn into a circus (like I don't need 30 emails every time I sneeze). So I work at finding solutions that aren't too glaringly obvious so I can avoid drawing that kind of attention.
<br />
<br />There's more info about what I do here:
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://healthgazelle.org/">http://healthgazelle.org/</a>

NYCLawGirl

i've had dr. deterding too (she was sometimes my attending in the hospital, when frank was away), and i've also worked with jeff. that clinic is wonderful. i love my adult clinic in nyc, but i still email frank occasionally just to get his take on stuff.

as for the other question about staying healthy, i think wearing a mask is a great idea, at least during cold and flu season in crowded places. don't forget airplanes though...they're the worst of all!

NYCLawGirl

i've had dr. deterding too (she was sometimes my attending in the hospital, when frank was away), and i've also worked with jeff. that clinic is wonderful. i love my adult clinic in nyc, but i still email frank occasionally just to get his take on stuff.

as for the other question about staying healthy, i think wearing a mask is a great idea, at least during cold and flu season in crowded places. don't forget airplanes though...they're the worst of all!

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />as for the other question about staying healthy, i think wearing a mask is a great idea, at least during cold and flu season in crowded places. don't forget airplanes though...they're the worst of all!