Trying to find new ways to stay healthy.

RonnieSharpe

I would definitely say that exercise is the best thing you can do to stay healthy...you say you live on a farm, are you sure there isn't anything that you're breathing in there that could be unhealthy?

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

I would definitely say that exercise is the best thing you can do to stay healthy...you say you live on a farm, are you sure there isn't anything that you're breathing in there that could be unhealthy?

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br />Ronnie

ChevyZ71

Ron- Thanks for your reply and I like reading your blogs and postings.

As for your question yes there is lots of airborn things I need to deal with, when I am working around lots of dust I always wear a real reperator, it does an ok job but is still not 100% the best. If I am in a place where I dont have a mask on and there is dust I will try and hold my breath or get to a vehicle where I can sit till it blows over. If we are sweeping the shop, I make my dad or a freind do it for me and I leave the building. Kansas is not a good place at all to live at when you have CF, you can never get out of all the dust. I live right where all those famous pictures of the dust bowl were taken. But for some reason I like living here, when I travel to any other place it seems to humid and stuffy for my lungs. Many people have told me I need to move becuase it is to hot and dust here but I just cant leave and farming is in my blood, I am hardly around anyone and am always outdoors.

Thanks for the tip of manly wearing a mask during cold and flu season, I have noticed that is the time we all get sick, and starting next year I think I may start wearing a mask to school. Every time I go back after a tune up I just get another cold and my lungs go to crap again. I know I will get laughed at but, oh well. Do what you have to do.

I try and get in "real" exercise everyday, I will walk 1-2 miles on average. I wish I could run but I am finding it harder and harder for me to run. I can run short distances but will be out of breath. And my joints start aching so I think walking is the best, im in no race.

NYClawgirl- the doctors up there are great and know what they are doing, I have to drive about 5 hours to see them but are well worth the trip. When my loca doctors tells me I need to go in the hospital I pack my bags and drive up there to stay, the staff is great and is cautious around and take steps to get you helathy and not bring anything new in. Have you been there since they moved biuldings?

Thanks for everyones advice it is helping out a lot.

ChevyZ71

As for your question yes there is lots of airborn things I need to deal with, when I am working around lots of dust I always wear a real reperator, it does an ok job but is still not 100% the best. If I am in a place where I dont have a mask on and there is dust I will try and hold my breath or get to a vehicle where I can sit till it blows over. If we are sweeping the shop, I make my dad or a freind do it for me and I leave the building. Kansas is not a good place at all to live at when you have CF, you can never get out of all the dust. I live right where all those famous pictures of the dust bowl were taken. But for some reason I like living here, when I travel to any other place it seems to humid and stuffy for my lungs. Many people have told me I need to move becuase it is to hot and dust here but I just cant leave and farming is in my blood, I am hardly around anyone and am always outdoors.

Thanks for the tip of manly wearing a mask during cold and flu season, I have noticed that is the time we all get sick, and starting next year I think I may start wearing a mask to school. Every time I go back after a tune up I just get another cold and my lungs go to crap again. I know I will get laughed at but, oh well. Do what you have to do.

I try and get in "real" exercise everyday, I will walk 1-2 miles on average. I wish I could run but I am finding it harder and harder for me to run. I can run short distances but will be out of breath. And my joints start aching so I think walking is the best, im in no race.

NYClawgirl- the doctors up there are great and know what they are doing, I have to drive about 5 hours to see them but are well worth the trip. When my loca doctors tells me I need to go in the hospital I pack my bags and drive up there to stay, the staff is great and is cautious around and take steps to get you helathy and not bring anything new in. Have you been there since they moved biuldings?

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

<br />
<br />As for your question yes there is lots of airborn things I need to deal with, when I am working around lots of dust I always wear a real reperator, it does an ok job but is still not 100% the best. If I am in a place where I dont have a mask on and there is dust I will try and hold my breath or get to a vehicle where I can sit till it blows over. If we are sweeping the shop, I make my dad or a freind do it for me and I leave the building. Kansas is not a good place at all to live at when you have CF, you can never get out of all the dust. I live right where all those famous pictures of the dust bowl were taken. But for some reason I like living here, when I travel to any other place it seems to humid and stuffy for my lungs. Many people have told me I need to move becuase it is to hot and dust here but I just cant leave and farming is in my blood, I am hardly around anyone and am always outdoors.
<br />
<br />Thanks for the tip of manly wearing a mask during cold and flu season, I have noticed that is the time we all get sick, and starting next year I think I may start wearing a mask to school. Every time I go back after a tune up I just get another cold and my lungs go to crap again. I know I will get laughed at but, oh well. Do what you have to do.
<br />
<br />I try and get in "real" exercise everyday, I will walk 1-2 miles on average. I wish I could run but I am finding it harder and harder for me to run. I can run short distances but will be out of breath. And my joints start aching so I think walking is the best, im in no race.
<br />
<br />NYClawgirl- the doctors up there are great and know what they are doing, I have to drive about 5 hours to see them but are well worth the trip. When my loca doctors tells me I need to go in the hospital I pack my bags and drive up there to stay, the staff is great and is cautious around and take steps to get you helathy and not bring anything new in. Have you been there since they moved biuldings?
<br />
<br />Thanks for everyones advice it is helping out a lot.

Landy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MicheleGazelle</b></i>

There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond.</end quote></div>

Hmmm...never thought of that. Is it a particular smell or something in these stores?

Landy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MicheleGazelle</b></i>

There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond.</end quote></div>

Hmmm...never thought of that. Is it a particular smell or something in these stores?

Landy

Landy

There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond.</end quote>

Landy

<br />
<br />There are some stores I don't go to because they make me ill -- places like Pier One Imports and Bed, Bath and Beyond.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Hmmm...never thought of that. Is it a particular smell or something in these stores?

RonnieSharpe

Hey Chevy-

I hear you on the aching joints. My only advice would be to stick with it. I find that the more active you are, the less your joints will hurt. So if you are walking or running and you start to ache, just push through it. At the time, remember that it probably won't hurt that bad again.

I would also suggest a bike. Much easier on the joints and it sounds like there is plenty of open road to ride around where you live.

Good luck with everything! Just contact me for anything else....

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Hey Chevy-

I hear you on the aching joints. My only advice would be to stick with it. I find that the more active you are, the less your joints will hurt. So if you are walking or running and you start to ache, just push through it. At the time, remember that it probably won't hurt that bad again.

I would also suggest a bike. Much easier on the joints and it sounds like there is plenty of open road to ride around where you live.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Hey Chevy-

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Hey Chevy-

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Hey Chevy-
<br />
<br />I hear you on the aching joints. My only advice would be to stick with it. I find that the more active you are, the less your joints will hurt. So if you are walking or running and you start to ache, just push through it. At the time, remember that it probably won't hurt that bad again.
<br />
<br />I would also suggest a bike. Much easier on the joints and it sounds like there is plenty of open road to ride around where you live.
<br />
<br />Good luck with everything! Just contact me for anything else....
<br />
<br />Ronnie