Uhhh...Pulmozyme co-pay?

sheanna

Has anybody else experienced a steep increase in copay for pulmozyme? I don't think copay has even reached $200 before.

I was just curious to see what everybody thought and if they had any ideas as to why this happened.

sheanna

Has anybody else experienced a steep increase in copay for pulmozyme? I don't think copay has even reached $200 before.

I was just curious to see what everybody thought and if they had any ideas as to why this happened.

sheanna

sheanna

sheanna

<br />
<br />I was just curious to see what everybody thought and if they had any ideas as to why this happened.

jdprecious

Call your insurance company and ask them why it has increased. You may be eligible for Pulmozyme's rx assistance program. I am not too much help bc our copay is 30 a month but trust me if it jumped up to the price you are paying, Id be on the phone so fast to our ins provider. The poor person that answered the phone would probably have a really bad day after that... haha.

jdprecious

Call your insurance company and ask them why it has increased. You may be eligible for Pulmozyme's rx assistance program. I am not too much help bc our copay is 30 a month but trust me if it jumped up to the price you are paying, Id be on the phone so fast to our ins provider. The poor person that answered the phone would probably have a really bad day after that... haha.

jdprecious

jdprecious

jdprecious

M

marcijo

The same thing happened to me! My insurance took it off of their formulary, and for non-formulary drugs I have to pay a percentage. That percentage turned out to be $1100 for a 3 month supply! YIKES!

I applied to the Genetecho Endowment Fund (they make pulmozyme) - but its not available anymore. There is another program available but I can't remember the name.

I think its unfair that the insurance companies can chanhe their formularies each year like this (take something off that had previously been on the forumlary)-ESPECIALLY when they are maintenance meds! My problem was solved because the next year they put it back on the forumlary.

I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how frustrating it can be. I will look through my paperwork and see if I can find the information for you to call.

M

marcijo

The same thing happened to me! My insurance took it off of their formulary, and for non-formulary drugs I have to pay a percentage. That percentage turned out to be $1100 for a 3 month supply! YIKES!

I applied to the Genetecho Endowment Fund (they make pulmozyme) - but its not available anymore. There is another program available but I can't remember the name.

I think its unfair that the insurance companies can chanhe their formularies each year like this (take something off that had previously been on the forumlary)-ESPECIALLY when they are maintenance meds! My problem was solved because the next year they put it back on the forumlary.

I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how frustrating it can be. I will look through my paperwork and see if I can find the information for you to call.

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />I applied to the Genetecho Endowment Fund (they make pulmozyme) - but its not available anymore. There is another program available but I can't remember the name.
<br />
<br />I think its unfair that the insurance companies can chanhe their formularies each year like this (take something off that had previously been on the forumlary)-ESPECIALLY when they are maintenance meds! My problem was solved because the next year they put it back on the forumlary.
<br />
<br />I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how frustrating it can be. I will look through my paperwork and see if I can find the information for you to call.

sarabeth87

You could try PANF, which is the co-pay assistance program that took over when the Genetech Endowment ended. I'm not sure what the website is, but just search for Patient Assistance Network Foundation (PANF) and I think you can get an application online. I use them for my copay, which is $100 a month.

sarabeth87

You could try PANF, which is the co-pay assistance program that took over when the Genetech Endowment ended. I'm not sure what the website is, but just search for Patient Assistance Network Foundation (PANF) and I think you can get an application online. I use them for my copay, which is $100 a month.

sarabeth87

sarabeth87

sarabeth87