unforgiving professors

Emily65Roses

Every one of us in college should be registered with the disability centers at our schools. I've registered at mine the second I arrived (I transferred twice). Go to the office if you haven't already. And if your professors give you grief about a real reason, go over their head. Period.

Emily65Roses

Every one of us in college should be registered with the disability centers at our schools. I've registered at mine the second I arrived (I transferred twice). Go to the office if you haven't already. And if your professors give you grief about a real reason, go over their head. Period.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

krisgabes

I completely feel your pain!!! You just described this whole academic year for me. I'm usually really good with balance, but with being sick on and off really badly since september, things are so unbalanced.

I tried talking to disability services to which they told me that b/c I could walk and talk I was not "disabled enough" for them. Oh yes, that is verbatim. Not to mention I had gone in there 2 weeks after my second hernia surgery! They wouldn't even give me temporary parking!

I know what you mean though, some professors are SO understanding and others are just big dopes. One professor actually asked me to have my doctor CALL him b/c he didn't believe that one person could be sick so much. (Umm yea the IV in my arm wasn't enough reason for him lol )

GOOD LUCK and I REALLY hope that your school can accomodate your needs but you should absolutely look into what they can do for you!! As for that professor, tell him that you'll be taking the matter up with the Dean (or President) of the school/department. He may change his tune with that put out there

krisgabes

I completely feel your pain!!! You just described this whole academic year for me. I'm usually really good with balance, but with being sick on and off really badly since september, things are so unbalanced.

I tried talking to disability services to which they told me that b/c I could walk and talk I was not "disabled enough" for them. Oh yes, that is verbatim. Not to mention I had gone in there 2 weeks after my second hernia surgery! They wouldn't even give me temporary parking!

I know what you mean though, some professors are SO understanding and others are just big dopes. One professor actually asked me to have my doctor CALL him b/c he didn't believe that one person could be sick so much. (Umm yea the IV in my arm wasn't enough reason for him lol )

GOOD LUCK and I REALLY hope that your school can accomodate your needs but you should absolutely look into what they can do for you!! As for that professor, tell him that you'll be taking the matter up with the Dean (or President) of the school/department. He may change his tune with that put out there

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes

<br />
<br />I tried talking to disability services to which they told me that b/c I could walk and talk I was not "disabled enough" for them. Oh yes, that is verbatim. Not to mention I had gone in there 2 weeks after my second hernia surgery! They wouldn't even give me temporary parking!
<br />
<br />I know what you mean though, some professors are SO understanding and others are just big dopes. One professor actually asked me to have my doctor CALL him b/c he didn't believe that one person could be sick so much. (Umm yea the IV in my arm wasn't enough reason for him lol )
<br />
<br />GOOD LUCK and I REALLY hope that your school can accomodate your needs but you should absolutely look into what they can do for you!! As for that professor, tell him that you'll be taking the matter up with the Dean (or President) of the school/department. He may change his tune with that put out there

gretzky711

I would consult with your social worker that is at your hospital. They have dealt with these situations many many times over. Mine wrote me the letter and even figured out who I needed to contact at the school. The Office of student resource and disability will then provide the professor with documentation in how they can accommodate you. I know from first hand experience being a student and a biology teacher at the university. Once you see the documentation you don't ask questions, you just comply. If they continue to be harassing, take it up with the chair of their department. Our department is really strict because most students try all sorts of stuff and we just care about documentation.

gretzky711

I would consult with your social worker that is at your hospital. They have dealt with these situations many many times over. Mine wrote me the letter and even figured out who I needed to contact at the school. The Office of student resource and disability will then provide the professor with documentation in how they can accommodate you. I know from first hand experience being a student and a biology teacher at the university. Once you see the documentation you don't ask questions, you just comply. If they continue to be harassing, take it up with the chair of their department. Our department is really strict because most students try all sorts of stuff and we just care about documentation.

gretzky711

gretzky711

gretzky711

phutton

I work at a university as a full-time administrator and part-time professor. By university policy I must accommodate any student who has a documented disability or illness with dr. verification. It is not a reason to lower a grade or drop from a class. I went through something similar and college and I took it higher. I would just be straight-up with the her/him, but pretty much student disability services on campus should be able to provide you additional support.

Pepsi
31-Female-CF

phutton

I work at a university as a full-time administrator and part-time professor. By university policy I must accommodate any student who has a documented disability or illness with dr. verification. It is not a reason to lower a grade or drop from a class. I went through something similar and college and I took it higher. I would just be straight-up with the her/him, but pretty much student disability services on campus should be able to provide you additional support.

Pepsi
31-Female-CF

phutton

Pepsi
31-Female-CF

phutton

Pepsi
31-Female-CF

phutton

<br />
<br />Pepsi
<br />31-Female-CF
<br />
<br />
<br />