UPDATE - Constipation & Vomiting

meaniejean

Thanks - I would NEVER EVER give my child anything other than breastmilk except as prescribed by the ped - but thanks for the warning.
I was just wondering if a deficiency could cause dehydration.
I have an appt with his reg ped tomorrow morning - well-baby visit. I never heard from them today with the test results. Grrrr ...

meaniejean

Thanks - I would NEVER EVER give my child anything other than breastmilk except as prescribed by the ped - but thanks for the warning.
I have an appt with his reg ped tomorrow morning - well-baby visit. I never heard from them today with the test results. Grrrr ...

meaniejean

meaniejean

meaniejean

<br />I was just wondering if a deficiency could cause dehydration.
<br />I have an appt with his reg ped tomorrow morning - well-baby visit. I never heard from them today with the test results. Grrrr ...

JennifersHope

I can tell you for certain that 13 hours is to long for a newborn baby to not make a wet diaper, I am not talking about poop, I am talking about urine... THat is crazy..

We always tell parents to make sure your child is eating and making wet diapers at least six a day

JennifersHope

I can tell you for certain that 13 hours is to long for a newborn baby to not make a wet diaper, I am not talking about poop, I am talking about urine... THat is crazy..

We always tell parents to make sure your child is eating and making wet diapers at least six a day

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />We always tell parents to make sure your child is eating and making wet diapers at least six a day

meaniejean

Thanks for all your encouragement. It is so easy to start to feel like you are crazy when everyone seems to think everything is ok - when you just know something is not right.

Dana - The GI doc was a ped GI doc - I wonder how many of these docs would "wait and see" if it were their child ...

We have our ped app this afternoon. I will insist on finding out the sweat test number (as I have learned from all you guys) - if they even sent it to the lab with just the left arm twice. Is there a certain number at which I should ask for the genetic testing?

DS1 (2.5 yrs) is sick again/still also - he has these red "acne" bumps on his face - the ones the doc said are probably staph from his nose (which is full of junk). He also has developed a yucky cough - coughed all night last night - starting to sound a little croupy. I just keep wondering why he can't seem to get rid of the staph. Oh well. He is putting on a performance for me right now, so he seems to be feeling fine - he thinks he is that British singer Mika :)

Thanks again!
Sandra

meaniejean

Thanks for all your encouragement. It is so easy to start to feel like you are crazy when everyone seems to think everything is ok - when you just know something is not right.

Dana - The GI doc was a ped GI doc - I wonder how many of these docs would "wait and see" if it were their child ...

We have our ped app this afternoon. I will insist on finding out the sweat test number (as I have learned from all you guys) - if they even sent it to the lab with just the left arm twice. Is there a certain number at which I should ask for the genetic testing?

DS1 (2.5 yrs) is sick again/still also - he has these red "acne" bumps on his face - the ones the doc said are probably staph from his nose (which is full of junk). He also has developed a yucky cough - coughed all night last night - starting to sound a little croupy. I just keep wondering why he can't seem to get rid of the staph. Oh well. He is putting on a performance for me right now, so he seems to be feeling fine - he thinks he is that British singer Mika :)

Thanks again!
Sandra

meaniejean

Thanks again!
Sandra

meaniejean

Thanks again!
Sandra

meaniejean

<br />
<br />Dana - The GI doc was a ped GI doc - I wonder how many of these docs would "wait and see" if it were their child ...
<br />
<br />We have our ped app this afternoon. I will insist on finding out the sweat test number (as I have learned from all you guys) - if they even sent it to the lab with just the left arm twice. Is there a certain number at which I should ask for the genetic testing?
<br />
<br />DS1 (2.5 yrs) is sick again/still also - he has these red "acne" bumps on his face - the ones the doc said are probably staph from his nose (which is full of junk). He also has developed a yucky cough - coughed all night last night - starting to sound a little croupy. I just keep wondering why he can't seem to get rid of the staph. Oh well. He is putting on a performance for me right now, so he seems to be feeling fine - he thinks he is that British singer Mika :)
<br />
<br />Thanks again!
<br />Sandra

T

Terry

Hi Sandra!

I was so worried about the salt thing that I didn't even notice that your son was not wetting diapers. <b>I really hope you throw a fit at your appointment today!</b> The fact that your son is not urinating is even more bothersome. Do you have any idea how much he is getting to drink, or do you only feed from the breasts? I would definitely start pumping and keep a log on when he eats, how much, what time, and when he pees or poops. If you can give the doctor direct answers like he ate 4 ozs. at noon, 3, and 6 but he did not urinate until 8 the next morning it might help. I have a habit of handing them my logs and insisting that they look at them rather than confuse me by jumping around with random questions. Somwetimes when you are already uspet that makes you forget something you wanted to say, or they take something you said in a different way than you meant. Show them the facts.

I hope you get results soon!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi Sandra!

I was so worried about the salt thing that I didn't even notice that your son was not wetting diapers. <b>I really hope you throw a fit at your appointment today!</b> The fact that your son is not urinating is even more bothersome. Do you have any idea how much he is getting to drink, or do you only feed from the breasts? I would definitely start pumping and keep a log on when he eats, how much, what time, and when he pees or poops. If you can give the doctor direct answers like he ate 4 ozs. at noon, 3, and 6 but he did not urinate until 8 the next morning it might help. I have a habit of handing them my logs and insisting that they look at them rather than confuse me by jumping around with random questions. Somwetimes when you are already uspet that makes you forget something you wanted to say, or they take something you said in a different way than you meant. Show them the facts.

Terry

T

Terry

Hi Sandra!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi Sandra!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi Sandra!
<br />
<br />I was so worried about the salt thing that I didn't even notice that your son was not wetting diapers. <b>I really hope you throw a fit at your appointment today!</b> The fact that your son is not urinating is even more bothersome. Do you have any idea how much he is getting to drink, or do you only feed from the breasts? I would definitely start pumping and keep a log on when he eats, how much, what time, and when he pees or poops. If you can give the doctor direct answers like he ate 4 ozs. at noon, 3, and 6 but he did not urinate until 8 the next morning it might help. I have a habit of handing them my logs and insisting that they look at them rather than confuse me by jumping around with random questions. Somwetimes when you are already uspet that makes you forget something you wanted to say, or they take something you said in a different way than you meant. Show them the facts.
<br />
<br />I hope you get results soon!
<br />
<br />Terry