UPDATE - Constipation & Vomiting

meaniejean

Thanks, Terry. That's a good idea.
We got the sweat test numbers - both from the left arm - they were 14 and 17 or something like that. So, I am assuming that we are not dealing with CF here.
I'll update some more later.
Thanks, thanks, thanks to all of you!
Sandra

meaniejean

We got the sweat test numbers - both from the left arm - they were 14 and 17 or something like that. So, I am assuming that we are not dealing with CF here.
Sandra

meaniejean

Sandra

meaniejean

Sandra

meaniejean

<br />We got the sweat test numbers - both from the left arm - they were 14 and 17 or something like that. So, I am assuming that we are not dealing with CF here.
<br />I'll update some more later.
<br />Thanks, thanks, thanks to all of you!
<br />Sandra

T

Terry

Sandra,

Don't stop pushing until you feel satisfied that you are with the right doctor getting the right treatment. There is nothing normal about a baby not eliminating his waste, liquid or solid. Your child is in my thoughts and prayers. Don't forget to let us know how he is doing.

Terry

T

Terry

Sandra,

Don't stop pushing until you feel satisfied that you are with the right doctor getting the right treatment. There is nothing normal about a baby not eliminating his waste, liquid or solid. Your child is in my thoughts and prayers. Don't forget to let us know how he is doing.

Terry

T

Terry

Sandra,

Terry

T

Terry

Sandra,

Terry

T

Terry

Sandra,
<br />
<br />Don't stop pushing until you feel satisfied that you are with the right doctor getting the right treatment. There is nothing normal about a baby not eliminating his waste, liquid or solid. Your child is in my thoughts and prayers. Don't forget to let us know how he is doing.
<br />
<br />Terry

TestifyToLove

It actually IS normal for breastfed babies to go long periods of time without pooping and it not be an issue. I had one that went every 12-17 days, always when we were out in public and always so bad she needed a full body change, of course.

The reason for this is because breastmilk is more bioavailable and there's less in the digestive tract TO poop.

Also, breastfed babies can level off their weight gain around 4-6 months. Unlike their formula fed counterparts, they gain huge amounts in the first 4-6 months and level off the rest of the first year, and yes even lose a bit of weight with it.

So, both of those issues can absolutely be normal.

However, the vomitting is not normal and the not peeing for 13 hours is most definitely not normal. I'm by no means saying everything is fine, and certainly can't say that for your child. But, the information the doctors are telling you is accurate information, in general but possibly not as it relates to *your* child.

TestifyToLove

It actually IS normal for breastfed babies to go long periods of time without pooping and it not be an issue. I had one that went every 12-17 days, always when we were out in public and always so bad she needed a full body change, of course.

The reason for this is because breastmilk is more bioavailable and there's less in the digestive tract TO poop.

Also, breastfed babies can level off their weight gain around 4-6 months. Unlike their formula fed counterparts, they gain huge amounts in the first 4-6 months and level off the rest of the first year, and yes even lose a bit of weight with it.

However, the vomitting is not normal and the not peeing for 13 hours is most definitely not normal. I'm by no means saying everything is fine, and certainly can't say that for your child. But, the information the doctors are telling you is accurate information, in general but possibly not as it relates to *your* child.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />The reason for this is because breastmilk is more bioavailable and there's less in the digestive tract TO poop.
<br />
<br />Also, breastfed babies can level off their weight gain around 4-6 months. Unlike their formula fed counterparts, they gain huge amounts in the first 4-6 months and level off the rest of the first year, and yes even lose a bit of weight with it.
<br />
<br />So, both of those issues can absolutely be normal.
<br />
<br />However, the vomitting is not normal and the not peeing for 13 hours is most definitely not normal. I'm by no means saying everything is fine, and certainly can't say that for your child. But, the information the doctors are telling you is accurate information, in general but possibly not as it relates to *your* child.