Using pulmozyme for the first time in a few minutes...need help.

humphrey711

Hi All,
My two and a half year old is about to start pulmozyme tonight. This is our first experience with nebs and I have never used one before. The guy who dropped off the machine barely gave me an explanation so if you have quick instructions I would appreciate it. I would love any tips on how to get my kiddo to sit with the mask on her face for the next fifteen minutes.

Thanks,
Karen

humphrey711

Hi All,
My two and a half year old is about to start pulmozyme tonight. This is our first experience with nebs and I have never used one before. The guy who dropped off the machine barely gave me an explanation so if you have quick instructions I would appreciate it. I would love any tips on how to get my kiddo to sit with the mask on her face for the next fifteen minutes.

Thanks,
Karen

humphrey711

Hi All,

Thanks,
Karen

humphrey711

Hi All,

Thanks,
Karen

humphrey711

Hi All,
<br />My two and a half year old is about to start pulmozyme tonight. This is our first experience with nebs and I have never used one before. The guy who dropped off the machine barely gave me an explanation so if you have quick instructions I would appreciate it. I would love any tips on how to get my kiddo to sit with the mask on her face for the next fifteen minutes.
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />Karen

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has been on tobi and pulmozyme for a long time. We used to hold the mask on his face, not use the elastic while he watched his favorite cartoon or dvd.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has been on tobi and pulmozyme for a long time. We used to hold the mask on his face, not use the elastic while he watched his favorite cartoon or dvd.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

M

Mommafirst

Plan to make neb time 100% focused on your kiddo. For awhile I could play a Barney DVD to occupy my daughter while I held the neb, but ultimately it is a thousand times easier when I bring out a game and we play (matching cards or go fish) while she nebs.

The when we started nebs it was tough. She really hated them and it feels weird to have a mask and smoke coming at you like that, but she got used to it over time. Ease her in, but don't give in. It may feel miserable for a few nights or even a few weeks, but it will get easier to do.

M

Mommafirst

Plan to make neb time 100% focused on your kiddo. For awhile I could play a Barney DVD to occupy my daughter while I held the neb, but ultimately it is a thousand times easier when I bring out a game and we play (matching cards or go fish) while she nebs.

The when we started nebs it was tough. She really hated them and it feels weird to have a mask and smoke coming at you like that, but she got used to it over time. Ease her in, but don't give in. It may feel miserable for a few nights or even a few weeks, but it will get easier to do.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />The when we started nebs it was tough. She really hated them and it feels weird to have a mask and smoke coming at you like that, but she got used to it over time. Ease her in, but don't give in. It may feel miserable for a few nights or even a few weeks, but it will get easier to do.

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

I second have her favorite Cartoon ready. I love our cable company because they have so many on Demand. We only watch cartoons for vest/neb. We however started pulmozyme at 6 months and I know that is a huge reason why our son takes treatments so well. Just be ready for a fight, but the biggest thing I can tell you is not to give in! I wanted to soooo many times but my husband kept saying if you let him out of this..this time he is going to learn how to get out of it. That said we do it EVERY NIGHT...EVERY NIGHT...Sometimes everything runs smooth and sometimes we battle it out on the couch. Good luck..Be strong...It takes some time to get use to it....

Love,

Sarah

Mommy to johnn 2w/cf..bailey three weeks tomorrow no/cf

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

I second have her favorite Cartoon ready. I love our cable company because they have so many on Demand. We only watch cartoons for vest/neb. We however started pulmozyme at 6 months and I know that is a huge reason why our son takes treatments so well. Just be ready for a fight, but the biggest thing I can tell you is not to give in! I wanted to soooo many times but my husband kept saying if you let him out of this..this time he is going to learn how to get out of it. That said we do it EVERY NIGHT...EVERY NIGHT...Sometimes everything runs smooth and sometimes we battle it out on the couch. Good luck..Be strong...It takes some time to get use to it....

Love,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Love,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Love,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />
<br />I second have her favorite Cartoon ready. I love our cable company because they have so many on Demand. We only watch cartoons for vest/neb. We however started pulmozyme at 6 months and I know that is a huge reason why our son takes treatments so well. Just be ready for a fight, but the biggest thing I can tell you is not to give in! I wanted to soooo many times but my husband kept saying if you let him out of this..this time he is going to learn how to get out of it. That said we do it EVERY NIGHT...EVERY NIGHT...Sometimes everything runs smooth and sometimes we battle it out on the couch. Good luck..Be strong...It takes some time to get use to it....
<br />
<br />Love,
<br />
<br />Sarah
<br />
<br />Mommy to johnn 2w/cf..bailey three weeks tomorrow no/cf