Vent - Cost of Meds

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Both the companies who make pulmozyme and tobi have foundations to help defray costs from high copays. We were eligible one year for the Tobi -- if we spent more than $25 per copay, they would pay the difference. We had to go thru the CF Services Pharmacy for it. We're no longer eligible because of our income.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Both the companies who make pulmozyme and tobi have foundations to help defray costs from high copays. We were eligible one year for the Tobi -- if we spent more than $25 per copay, they would pay the difference. We had to go thru the CF Services Pharmacy for it. We're no longer eligible because of our income.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Mommy2Alysa

In Canada Alysa's TOBI is $3,000 per month and her pulmozyme is $1,000 per month.. thank gosh my husband has work benefits because if he didnt we would be up the creek! (The foundation and/or disability pays for pretty much everything else so for THAT I am grateful)

Mommy2Alysa

In Canada Alysa's TOBI is $3,000 per month and her pulmozyme is $1,000 per month.. thank gosh my husband has work benefits because if he didnt we would be up the creek! (The foundation and/or disability pays for pretty much everything else so for THAT I am grateful)

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

TestifyToLove

Part of why we were able to adopt a CFer is because we have excellent health insurance coverage. M also has Title IV-E adoption subsidy medicaid which will cover him until he's 21.

I'm really, really nervous about what both of my medical needs boys are going to do once they reach adulthood. M's costs for CF treatment is about 1/3 of what our other son's cost of treatment is. He's up to $13,000/month already and that number goes up as he grows as his meds are dispensed based upon his weight ($1/unit of Factor IV and he's currently getting 2000u on Tuesdays and 2500u on Fridays every week).

I actually have a thought to send my Hemophiliac son to a country with Socialized Medicine when he's older. Its that or he's GOT to get through college and get a white collar job pretty darn quickly.

At least with M, I'm pretty sure because of his other issues, he will quaify for SSDI or SSI not based upon our income.

TestifyToLove

Part of why we were able to adopt a CFer is because we have excellent health insurance coverage. M also has Title IV-E adoption subsidy medicaid which will cover him until he's 21.

I'm really, really nervous about what both of my medical needs boys are going to do once they reach adulthood. M's costs for CF treatment is about 1/3 of what our other son's cost of treatment is. He's up to $13,000/month already and that number goes up as he grows as his meds are dispensed based upon his weight ($1/unit of Factor IV and he's currently getting 2000u on Tuesdays and 2500u on Fridays every week).

I actually have a thought to send my Hemophiliac son to a country with Socialized Medicine when he's older. Its that or he's GOT to get through college and get a white collar job pretty darn quickly.

At least with M, I'm pretty sure because of his other issues, he will quaify for SSDI or SSI not based upon our income.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />I'm really, really nervous about what both of my medical needs boys are going to do once they reach adulthood. M's costs for CF treatment is about 1/3 of what our other son's cost of treatment is. He's up to $13,000/month already and that number goes up as he grows as his meds are dispensed based upon his weight ($1/unit of Factor IV and he's currently getting 2000u on Tuesdays and 2500u on Fridays every week).
<br />
<br />I actually have a thought to send my Hemophiliac son to a country with Socialized Medicine when he's older. Its that or he's GOT to get through college and get a white collar job pretty darn quickly.
<br />
<br />At least with M, I'm pretty sure because of his other issues, he will quaify for SSDI or SSI not based upon our income.

S

Would another country allow someone in like that just so they can benefit from the socialized system? I figured most would be pretty averse to something like that.

S

Would another country allow someone in like that just so they can benefit from the socialized system? I figured most would be pretty averse to something like that.

S

S

S