Vest questions/opinions

Scarlett81

I should clarify-I've always used the vest-that is, since I was 14 I've used it. Prior to that I had chest clapping from mom.
But I was taught to just sit with it on, and not really actively participate in coughing to bring up mucus. I started with my new doctor 2 years ago-my pfts were (roughly) FEV1-45-50%. Now my FEV1 is 75%. But I am very strict about my therapies-specifically the coughing technique St. Vincent's taught me.

lilmac7

Hi all,
I got approved for the vest today!! Yayee yayeee!!!(as Ice Cube would say, lol) They asked me to check with my clinic to see which vest they recommend, CHEST size or FULL size. I e-mailed my doc and she forwarded it to the physio dept. for them to let me know. Which one does most of you have? If I dont get a reply soon enough I may just have to tell them what I'd preffer, hopefully I will get it by a month or so from now.

lilmac7

Hi all,
I got approved for the vest today!! Yayee yayeee!!!(as Ice Cube would say, lol) They asked me to check with my clinic to see which vest they recommend, CHEST size or FULL size. I e-mailed my doc and she forwarded it to the physio dept. for them to let me know. Which one does most of you have? If I dont get a reply soon enough I may just have to tell them what I'd preffer, hopefully I will get it by a month or so from now.

lilmac7

Hi all,

Chaggie

I have the respirtech one. I have nothing to compare it to, but, I like alot but have nothing bad to say about it. Comfortable, easy to use, portable.

Chaggie

I have the respirtech one. I have nothing to compare it to, but, I like alot but have nothing bad to say about it. Comfortable, easy to use, portable.

Chaggie

HairGirl

don't know if this is 'in time' but I use the Adult Medium, I'm 5'5" and weigh 125-130, whenever I'm in the hospital they always give me an adult small because I look small, so for me I like the medium, you can adjust them abit.

HairGirl

don't know if this is 'in time' but I use the Adult Medium, I'm 5'5" and weigh 125-130, whenever I'm in the hospital they always give me an adult small because I look small, so for me I like the medium, you can adjust them abit.

HairGirl

lilmac7

I have the measuring chart so I'll measure my chest as they described, but they have 2 types CHEST and FULL, I believe this reffers to how much of the torso it covers or how far down it covers. I'm guessing CHEST size must only cover down to the chest bone region (right in the middle of you chest where the ribs meet together) and the FULL must cover all the way down to the bottom of the rib cage right by the oblique muscles???

lilmac7

I have the measuring chart so I'll measure my chest as they described, but they have 2 types CHEST and FULL, I believe this reffers to how much of the torso it covers or how far down it covers. I'm guessing CHEST size must only cover down to the chest bone region (right in the middle of you chest where the ribs meet together) and the FULL must cover all the way down to the bottom of the rib cage right by the oblique muscles???

lilmac7

Chaggie

I believe Dr Warwick recomends the full vest. Somthing about the chest not covering enough area. Amy posted about it in her bog if want to look back.

Chaggie

I believe Dr Warwick recomends the full vest. Somthing about the chest not covering enough area. Amy posted about it in her bog if want to look back.

Chaggie

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Scarlett81</b></i>

I've been told my improvement from the vest is more unusual than usual, but by learning the correct technique to use when doing the vest-in 2 years my pfts improved by 45% roughly, and I'm now able to consider getting pregnant. I think mine is an extreme case, but anything's possible.</end quote></div>

wow i never realized that your improvement was so high! that's great!

HFCC surely does work well. I think we're going to start seeing drastic differences in life expectancy in the coming years between those countries where patients have access to HFCC and those countries where HFCC isn't accessible ($$$). I believe that the system really does prolong lives...