Vitamin D

Kristen

The nutritionist at my CF clinic called yesterday and said my vitamin D levels are down. She said they are still in the normal range, but we need to start keeping our eye on it. I asked her if this could be a sign that I am becoming PI (I am currently PS), and she said probably not because all my other fat soluble vitamins are fine, and she has some other PS patients with low vitamin D levels.

So my question: Is there something about us CFers (other than being PI) that could cause us to have low vitamin D levels? I don't understand why mine went down because I jog all the time (so I get decent sun exposure) and haven't changed my diet or vitamins.

Kristen

The nutritionist at my CF clinic called yesterday and said my vitamin D levels are down. She said they are still in the normal range, but we need to start keeping our eye on it. I asked her if this could be a sign that I am becoming PI (I am currently PS), and she said probably not because all my other fat soluble vitamins are fine, and she has some other PS patients with low vitamin D levels.

So my question: Is there something about us CFers (other than being PI) that could cause us to have low vitamin D levels? I don't understand why mine went down because I jog all the time (so I get decent sun exposure) and haven't changed my diet or vitamins.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />So my question: Is there something about us CFers (other than being PI) that could cause us to have low vitamin D levels? I don't understand why mine went down because I jog all the time (so I get decent sun exposure) and haven't changed my diet or vitamins.
<br />

Lamp

I'm not sure but I know its common. I have always struggled with Vit.D and I live in Arizona!! I thought for sure moving to this state that I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore but thats not the case. Also I drink milk all the time and take my enzymes with the milk...needless to say at my last visit they put me on 2000iu of D. 1000 in the am and 1000 in the pm. I'm also PS. I was also told that I'm still on a pretty low dose of D compared to some other patients they see.

Lamp

I'm not sure but I know its common. I have always struggled with Vit.D and I live in Arizona!! I thought for sure moving to this state that I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore but thats not the case. Also I drink milk all the time and take my enzymes with the milk...needless to say at my last visit they put me on 2000iu of D. 1000 in the am and 1000 in the pm. I'm also PS. I was also told that I'm still on a pretty low dose of D compared to some other patients they see.

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

Havoc

I'm currently on 50,000IU Monday Wednesday and Friday. I'm going on the 10th to have my fat soluble levels checked again.

Havoc

I'm currently on 50,000IU Monday Wednesday and Friday. I'm going on the 10th to have my fat soluble levels checked again.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Landy

I also am on vitamin D--actually vitamin D3. My doctor said it's important for CFs that need supplemental vitamin D to take the D3--it absorbs better, from what I understand.

Landy

I also am on vitamin D--actually vitamin D3. My doctor said it's important for CFs that need supplemental vitamin D to take the D3--it absorbs better, from what I understand.

Landy

Landy

Landy