Vomiting with every meal

skeeter6585

My daughter just starting vomiting with just about every meal for the past week. She started to run a fever a few days ago but now its gone. Here pediatrian started her on bactrum and the CF Clinic told us to start the albuterol treatments 2-4 times a day. Has this happened to anyone else? Her pediatrian said it might be acid reflux. She also developed a very croup like cough...

Father to my daughter with CF 9 months old

skeeter6585

My daughter just starting vomiting with just about every meal for the past week. She started to run a fever a few days ago but now its gone. Here pediatrian started her on bactrum and the CF Clinic told us to start the albuterol treatments 2-4 times a day. Has this happened to anyone else? Her pediatrian said it might be acid reflux. She also developed a very croup like cough...

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

<br />
<br />Father to my daughter with CF 9 months old

Alyssa

does she have mucus in her lungs?

My son is 22 years old -- it is really hard to compare that age to a 9 month old but.... before my son got on pulmozyme to thin the mucus he was coughing up he would throw up every meal he ate - something about eating seems to trigger a cough for him, then in trying to cough up the thick mucus he would end up gagging and throwing up.

Since getting on Pulmozyne this has never happened again.

Alyssa

My son is 22 years old -- it is really hard to compare that age to a 9 month old but.... before my son got on pulmozyme to thin the mucus he was coughing up he would throw up every meal he ate - something about eating seems to trigger a cough for him, then in trying to cough up the thick mucus he would end up gagging and throwing up.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />My son is 22 years old -- it is really hard to compare that age to a 9 month old but.... before my son got on pulmozyme to thin the mucus he was coughing up he would throw up every meal he ate - something about eating seems to trigger a cough for him, then in trying to cough up the thick mucus he would end up gagging and throwing up.
<br />
<br />Since getting on Pulmozyne this has never happened again.

Sheridan

I had this recently with my 9 month old, our dietician suggested that we put him on lactose free formula (we were already bottle feeding) it worked until we got him over the bug and then we switched back. we also had to add a supplemnt to the bottle because he lost 20% of his body weight in 1 week. The bug lasted 3 weeks and after a week moved to his bottom. Hopwfully not the same thing for you as it was awful.

Sheridan

I had this recently with my 9 month old, our dietician suggested that we put him on lactose free formula (we were already bottle feeding) it worked until we got him over the bug and then we switched back. we also had to add a supplemnt to the bottle because he lost 20% of his body weight in 1 week. The bug lasted 3 weeks and after a week moved to his bottom. Hopwfully not the same thing for you as it was awful.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan