VX-770 Update

jmiller

I heard from our local CF Chapter office yesterday. They had a meeting with the National office and learned that Phase III trials for VX-770 are expected to be complete in very early 2011 and then submitted for FDA approval soon after. However, this assumes that WE PARTICIPATE!!!! There are several steps to each of the trial phases, involving more and more people. The quicker we move the quicker these life-extending/life-saving drugs can be available.

Since this drug has orphan status, the approval process should be relatively quick assuming there are no bumps in the road. They said it could be available as soon as late 2011!!

Also, with all of the other trials going on, they anticipate that by 2013 we will have 13 new drug therapies in our arsenal to use against CF! By 2013, we will have a clear understanding of how VX-770 and VX-809 work together. How exciting!

jmiller

I heard from our local CF Chapter office yesterday. They had a meeting with the National office and learned that Phase III trials for VX-770 are expected to be complete in very early 2011 and then submitted for FDA approval soon after. However, this assumes that WE PARTICIPATE!!!! There are several steps to each of the trial phases, involving more and more people. The quicker we move the quicker these life-extending/life-saving drugs can be available.

Since this drug has orphan status, the approval process should be relatively quick assuming there are no bumps in the road. They said it could be available as soon as late 2011!!

Also, with all of the other trials going on, they anticipate that by 2013 we will have 13 new drug therapies in our arsenal to use against CF! By 2013, we will have a clear understanding of how VX-770 and VX-809 work together. How exciting!

jmiller

jmiller

jmiller

<br />
<br />Since this drug has orphan status, the approval process should be relatively quick assuming there are no bumps in the road. They said it could be available as soon as late 2011!!
<br />
<br />Also, with all of the other trials going on, they anticipate that by 2013 we will have 13 new drug therapies in our arsenal to use against CF! By 2013, we will have a clear understanding of how VX-770 and VX-809 work together. How exciting!

mom2cameron

This is awesome! I really new to this and don't know where you find all this information? Please let me know how to look up and understand information on new drugs and trails. Thanks.

mom2cameron

This is awesome! I really new to this and don't know where you find all this information? Please let me know how to look up and understand information on new drugs and trails. Thanks.

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

missT

Hi, thanks for the info. I am soooo excited about these new drugs. The two you mentioned will not help my mutations. Where did you get the info? I am keeping up with Ataluren which will help my mutation.

missT

Hi, thanks for the info. I am soooo excited about these new drugs. The two you mentioned will not help my mutations. Where did you get the info? I am keeping up with Ataluren which will help my mutation.

missT

missT

missT