VX-770 Update

jbrandonAW

I was just talking with my CF dr about this. Our clinic is not on of the lucky ones that gets to be in the trial but I have been working with vanderbilt trying to get in. Anyways she told me that We should have the drug out by the end of 2011... I am beyond thrilled. I have G551D mutation so this is VERY exciting for me. I am trying to work really hard right now to bring my lung function up more and more so that the drug works even better when its given to me...man how promising!

jbrandonAW

I was just talking with my CF dr about this. Our clinic is not on of the lucky ones that gets to be in the trial but I have been working with vanderbilt trying to get in. Anyways she told me that We should have the drug out by the end of 2011... I am beyond thrilled. I have G551D mutation so this is VERY exciting for me. I am trying to work really hard right now to bring my lung function up more and more so that the drug works even better when its given to me...man how promising!

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

janddburke

I heard there is some data that suggests that VX-770 might also be effective for R117H mutation. in fact in several studies PWCF that have R117H as their second mutation were specifically excluded.

I can't seem to find anything concrete on this. Has anyone one else seen anything similar?

janddburke

I heard there is some data that suggests that VX-770 might also be effective for R117H mutation. in fact in several studies PWCF that have R117H as their second mutation were specifically excluded.

I can't seem to find anything concrete on this. Has anyone one else seen anything similar?

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />
<br />I can't seem to find anything concrete on this. Has anyone one else seen anything similar?

M

marcijo

Debbie-I looked up R117H (I have this too) and Vertex - here is an article I found: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://med.stanford.edu/clinicaltrials/detail.do?studyId=877">R117H</a>

Down under eligibility it says something about R117H - does this mean it may possibly work? I try not to get my hopes up-but this really makes me so hopeful!

M

marcijo

Debbie-I looked up R117H (I have this too) and Vertex - here is an article I found: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://med.stanford.edu/clinicaltrials/detail.do?studyId=877">R117H</a>

Down under eligibility it says something about R117H - does this mean it may possibly work? I try not to get my hopes up-but this really makes me so hopeful!

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />Down under eligibility it says something about R117H - does this mean it may possibly work? I try not to get my hopes up-but this really makes me so hopeful!