waiting for results

amyr

The results were normal They tested for 97 mutations. I saw a new dr. in the practice today who said his borderline number was most likely nothing. he doesn't know the full hx but he gave me the impression he was not going to investigate further. there are still a few labs pending he said he would follow up w/ me when they came in.

amyr

The results were normal They tested for 97 mutations. I saw a new dr. in the practice today who said his borderline number was most likely nothing. he doesn't know the full hx but he gave me the impression he was not going to investigate further. there are still a few labs pending he said he would follow up w/ me when they came in.

amyr

amyr

amyr

JORDYSMOM

amyr-I hope you persue further DNA testing. Checking for 97 out of 1500-1600 is just not adequate in my opinion. I mean no disrespect, but most doctors are so uninformed about CF, and they just don't push enough. That's why we have people in their 40's and 50's being diagnosed - after their symptoms have become so bothersome that it's a last resort to run the full panel. You have been through so much, and you deserve answers. I wouldn't rule it out until you have tested for ALL known mutations. Let us know what happens.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

amyr-I hope you persue further DNA testing. Checking for 97 out of 1500-1600 is just not adequate in my opinion. I mean no disrespect, but most doctors are so uninformed about CF, and they just don't push enough. That's why we have people in their 40's and 50's being diagnosed - after their symptoms have become so bothersome that it's a last resort to run the full panel. You have been through so much, and you deserve answers. I wouldn't rule it out until you have tested for ALL known mutations. Let us know what happens.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Stacey

amyr

I ordered a test kit from ambry and I am going to take it to my new ped. as soon as I get it she is completely on board with me.. My 3 yr old was once again in the ER last night for croup. His oxygen was in the 80's. This makes 4 ER visits for croup (2 in the last 5 wks.) He also had 2 or 3 pnemonias with in the last year. 1 requiring iv antibiotics.

Is croup common with CF or is it generally not related?

amyr

I ordered a test kit from ambry and I am going to take it to my new ped. as soon as I get it she is completely on board with me.. My 3 yr old was once again in the ER last night for croup. His oxygen was in the 80's. This makes 4 ER visits for croup (2 in the last 5 wks.) He also had 2 or 3 pnemonias with in the last year. 1 requiring iv antibiotics.

amyr

amyr

amyr

<br />
<br />Is croup common with CF or is it generally not related?