Weight Gain for Newborn

NanaKay

I know they're doing a lot of lab work right now, so hopefully we'll find out something. She had jaundice at birth and layed under the lights for a while. They are putting her back on the tpn and changing her formula. They are also administering her enzymes through the feeding tube. Thanks for your thoughts!

NanaKay

I know they're doing a lot of lab work right now, so hopefully we'll find out something. She had jaundice at birth and layed under the lights for a while. They are putting her back on the tpn and changing her formula. They are also administering her enzymes through the feeding tube. Thanks for your thoughts!

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaKay

TobysMom

Hello!

I may not have seen it, but what kind of surgery are they supposed to do on your gd?

My son was born w/a meconium ileus and he was 5lbs 4oz at birth (38 weeks gestation) and went for surgery at 4lbs 15oz to remove the blockage. Is your gd outputting enough dirty/wet diapers? My son didn't have a bm for about 6 days after his surgery! And his surgery was done 2-1/2 days after he was born (wouldve been done sooner but my delivery hospital wasn't concerned much that he wasn't wating or pooping until he was about 36 hours old and took an xray and didn't even read it for another ten hours)

I hope the tpn helps. Are they also giving her lipids? They had to give that to ds. He only gained to 6 lbs in 4 weeks in nicu! Now at almost 5 months he's still only 12-1/2 lbs.

TobysMom

Hello!

I may not have seen it, but what kind of surgery are they supposed to do on your gd?

My son was born w/a meconium ileus and he was 5lbs 4oz at birth (38 weeks gestation) and went for surgery at 4lbs 15oz to remove the blockage. Is your gd outputting enough dirty/wet diapers? My son didn't have a bm for about 6 days after his surgery! And his surgery was done 2-1/2 days after he was born (wouldve been done sooner but my delivery hospital wasn't concerned much that he wasn't wating or pooping until he was about 36 hours old and took an xray and didn't even read it for another ten hours)

I hope the tpn helps. Are they also giving her lipids? They had to give that to ds. He only gained to 6 lbs in 4 weeks in nicu! Now at almost 5 months he's still only 12-1/2 lbs.

TobysMom

Hello!

TobysMom

Hello!

TobysMom

Hello!
<br />
<br />I may not have seen it, but what kind of surgery are they supposed to do on your gd?
<br />
<br />My son was born w/a meconium ileus and he was 5lbs 4oz at birth (38 weeks gestation) and went for surgery at 4lbs 15oz to remove the blockage. Is your gd outputting enough dirty/wet diapers? My son didn't have a bm for about 6 days after his surgery! And his surgery was done 2-1/2 days after he was born (wouldve been done sooner but my delivery hospital wasn't concerned much that he wasn't wating or pooping until he was about 36 hours old and took an xray and didn't even read it for another ten hours)
<br />
<br />I hope the tpn helps. Are they also giving her lipids? They had to give that to ds. He only gained to 6 lbs in 4 weeks in nicu! Now at almost 5 months he's still only 12-1/2 lbs.

S

semperfiohana

aj spit every thing up he ate. they added the rice to help weight it down so it would be easier for him to keep it down in his tummy. the reglan was to help him not spit up and according to one doctor the zantac was to help coat his throat for when he spit up. but i also heard the zantac was to help with acid reflux, so on that one i'm not too sure. i hope khloe starts to get better soon!

S

semperfiohana

aj spit every thing up he ate. they added the rice to help weight it down so it would be easier for him to keep it down in his tummy. the reglan was to help him not spit up and according to one doctor the zantac was to help coat his throat for when he spit up. but i also heard the zantac was to help with acid reflux, so on that one i'm not too sure. i hope khloe starts to get better soon!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

NanaOf8Girls

My granddaughter is having the same problems....She is almost 5 mo's old now and has not left the hospital since her birth. She had MI at birth and had surgery, she didn't have the reconnection until alittle over a month ago, she has only gained 2 pounds since her birth and the just did a G tube on the 17th of this month. She is on progestamil thur the G tube and also on TPN. TPN can cause liver damage and for a while Graycie was yellow on and off for months. They said she cannot gain weight rite now without the TPN and i have researched this. I asked her GI dr about a new TPN that is not FDA approved at this time but is having great results, it is made with Omega 3 instead of the Omega 6 that they usually use and it does not affect the liver and in some cases will reverse the liver damage already done. They said they do have it at the hospital and can use it for compassionate use. You might want to ask her GI dr about this. Also ask about viokase, which is an enzeme that allows her to digest the nutrients easier and is used on preterm babies. Sorry this is so long but i can really relate to you and am going thru the same thing with my granddaughter. Ask questions until you understand what and why they are doing what they are doing. It will put your mind at rest and make you feel more empowered. I dont remember the name of the TPN rite now but i will look it up for you if you want. God Bless

NanaOf8Girls

My granddaughter is having the same problems....She is almost 5 mo's old now and has not left the hospital since her birth. She had MI at birth and had surgery, she didn't have the reconnection until alittle over a month ago, she has only gained 2 pounds since her birth and the just did a G tube on the 17th of this month. She is on progestamil thur the G tube and also on TPN. TPN can cause liver damage and for a while Graycie was yellow on and off for months. They said she cannot gain weight rite now without the TPN and i have researched this. I asked her GI dr about a new TPN that is not FDA approved at this time but is having great results, it is made with Omega 3 instead of the Omega 6 that they usually use and it does not affect the liver and in some cases will reverse the liver damage already done. They said they do have it at the hospital and can use it for compassionate use. You might want to ask her GI dr about this. Also ask about viokase, which is an enzeme that allows her to digest the nutrients easier and is used on preterm babies. Sorry this is so long but i can really relate to you and am going thru the same thing with my granddaughter. Ask questions until you understand what and why they are doing what they are doing. It will put your mind at rest and make you feel more empowered. I dont remember the name of the TPN rite now but i will look it up for you if you want. God Bless

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls