Weird chest pain with arm pain/tingles

J

jessykt

About a week and a half ago, I started getting really sharp chest pain up high, in front, on both left and right sides. I also started having tingles throughout my entire right arm-no numbness, just tingles. Now my arm and area where my port used to be (right side) is very achy.

I called my nurse Friday and everything that we can come up with can be discounted somehow. I may have to go to clinic on Wednesday if it doesn't feel better, but I'm wondering if anyone may have any idea on this.

It isn't unusual for me to have chest pain, but it's usually down low and very quick (a couple of seconds). This current pain is sharp for several seconds and time between pain stabs is not long. The soreness is almost constant. The arm tingles have happend a few times and lasted several hours to all day.

I have had blood clots in the arms, but only when I have a picc in. We don't think it can be a collapse because it's pretty symmetrical and I am not short of breath. We don't think it's the Kalydeco because no one else has reported these symptoms. I coughed pretty hard for about 2 days when I started Kalydeco and we thought perhaps I've irritated the tissues, but the time between the coughing and now has been about 5 or 6 weeks. I'm not producing anything, or else I would think maybe I've got some stuff that's stuck, and I've been doing hypersaline and my vest. When the pain is very sharp, I hit on myself thinking maybe it's trapped air (which usually works when it's down low), but that's not solving the problem.

Anyway, that was a very long-winded explaination of what's going on to ask you all if you've dealt with something similar.

Thanks! Jessy

J

jessykt

About a week and a half ago, I started getting really sharp chest pain up high, in front, on both left and right sides. I also started having tingles throughout my entire right arm-no numbness, just tingles. Now my arm and area where my port used to be (right side) is very achy.

I called my nurse Friday and everything that we can come up with can be discounted somehow. I may have to go to clinic on Wednesday if it doesn't feel better, but I'm wondering if anyone may have any idea on this.

It isn't unusual for me to have chest pain, but it's usually down low and very quick (a couple of seconds). This current pain is sharp for several seconds and time between pain stabs is not long. The soreness is almost constant. The arm tingles have happend a few times and lasted several hours to all day.

I have had blood clots in the arms, but only when I have a picc in. We don't think it can be a collapse because it's pretty symmetrical and I am not short of breath. We don't think it's the Kalydeco because no one else has reported these symptoms. I coughed pretty hard for about 2 days when I started Kalydeco and we thought perhaps I've irritated the tissues, but the time between the coughing and now has been about 5 or 6 weeks. I'm not producing anything, or else I would think maybe I've got some stuff that's stuck, and I've been doing hypersaline and my vest. When the pain is very sharp, I hit on myself thinking maybe it's trapped air (which usually works when it's down low), but that's not solving the problem.

Anyway, that was a very long-winded explaination of what's going on to ask you all if you've dealt with something similar.

Thanks! Jessy

markinohio

In regards to the arm pain, about three months ago I had a similiar experience in my right arm. I was have a hard coughing fit and then had a strange feeling in my right arm. It felt like when you hit your funny bone real hard, but the pain was in my upper arm. Then it was achy for awhile. I'm guessing the cough triggered a nerve somewhere. I have never had that symptom before or since, just that one time. I'm not on Kalydeco.

Mark, age 43

markinohio

In regards to the arm pain, about three months ago I had a similiar experience in my right arm. I was have a hard coughing fit and then had a strange feeling in my right arm. It felt like when you hit your funny bone real hard, but the pain was in my upper arm. Then it was achy for awhile. I'm guessing the cough triggered a nerve somewhere. I have never had that symptom before or since, just that one time. I'm not on Kalydeco.

Mark, age 43

Firstborn

My 7 year old daughter complains about these tingles in her arm and sometimes fingers, we ask her care providers about this but they have no explanation. Chest pain is also an issue for her at times, I adjust the settings on her vest at times, thinking maybe it's too much but I really don't think that's it. I ask her if she's hungry but that's not it either. If you get any answers please let us know.

Firstborn

My 7 year old daughter complains about these tingles in her arm and sometimes fingers, we ask her care providers about this but they have no explanation. Chest pain is also an issue for her at times, I adjust the settings on her vest at times, thinking maybe it's too much but I really don't think that's it. I ask her if she's hungry but that's not it either. If you get any answers please let us know.

J

jessykt

Sorry Firstborn, I didn't get any answers! Went to the doctor yesterday. Xray showed my lungs are clear, no collapse, and my ultrasound came back with NO signs of a blood clot (whew! I've had 3 before). So we ruled out the biggies, but don't have any idea as to what it actually is. They are guessing more air movement in the lungs is irritating some muscles I haven't used before since I am on Kalydeco.

Thanks everyone!

J

jessykt

Sorry Firstborn, I didn't get any answers! Went to the doctor yesterday. Xray showed my lungs are clear, no collapse, and my ultrasound came back with NO signs of a blood clot (whew! I've had 3 before). So we ruled out the biggies, but don't have any idea as to what it actually is. They are guessing more air movement in the lungs is irritating some muscles I haven't used before since I am on Kalydeco.

Thanks everyone!