Weird Questions

T

tarheel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Breezy</b></i>

OMG when i went to the sleep lab in July, the woman who was putting the electrodes on me asked a question that takes the cake. I was sitting there coughing and she asked, *drum roll please* "DO YOU HAVE A COUGH?*

I wanted to strangle her</end quote></div>

Yea one time i was doing pfts and had a really bad coughing day. after every one i would double over and cough untill one of my major organs came out. Not. But it was bad. anyway the tech looked at me (knowing i had cf) and said "can you please not cough? It's rather annoying, and we'll have to redo the tests if we cant get good enough results."
1. my fev1 is still going to be 60something no matter how many times you do it
2. Yes- I was just coughing to annoy YOU. Sorry HRM. (her royal majesty)

T

tarheel

OMG when i went to the sleep lab in July, the woman who was putting the electrodes on me asked a question that takes the cake. I was sitting there coughing and she asked, *drum roll please* "DO YOU HAVE A COUGH?*

Yea one time i was doing pfts and had a really bad coughing day. after every one i would double over and cough untill one of my major organs came out. Not. But it was bad. anyway the tech looked at me (knowing i had cf) and said "can you please not cough? It's rather annoying, and we'll have to redo the tests if we cant get good enough results."

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

I wanted to strangle her</end quote>

T

tarheel

I wanted to strangle her</end quote>

AnnaH

I think the "Do you have a cough" is the oddest one. Obviously, if i'm coughing, I have a cough. "Can you stop coughing" is a great one too.

I don't really care about the medical questions- are you sexually active, do you smoke, is there a chance you are pregnant ect. They have to ask them.
What bothers if is if they keep asking them, or if they're jerks about it. The woman giving me my flu shot asked me if i could be pregnant, i said no. She then spent at least ten minutes asking me about my sex life and if i take my pill everyday and if i missed any periods. I mean, if i say no, it probably will not change, even if you ask ten different ways.

I also hate when the tecs don't listen to you. I know they do it for a living, but I know my body pretty well. I have huge issues with blood draws, because my veins look okay, but are actually really bad. They never belive me until 3 or 4 sticks later. I don't say that because it amuses me. I also don't like it when i tell you a specific spot does not work and you stick me there. You are not speshul and talented, it won't work for you either.

AnnaH

I think the "Do you have a cough" is the oddest one. Obviously, if i'm coughing, I have a cough. "Can you stop coughing" is a great one too.

I don't really care about the medical questions- are you sexually active, do you smoke, is there a chance you are pregnant ect. They have to ask them.
What bothers if is if they keep asking them, or if they're jerks about it. The woman giving me my flu shot asked me if i could be pregnant, i said no. She then spent at least ten minutes asking me about my sex life and if i take my pill everyday and if i missed any periods. I mean, if i say no, it probably will not change, even if you ask ten different ways.

I also hate when the tecs don't listen to you. I know they do it for a living, but I know my body pretty well. I have huge issues with blood draws, because my veins look okay, but are actually really bad. They never belive me until 3 or 4 sticks later. I don't say that because it amuses me. I also don't like it when i tell you a specific spot does not work and you stick me there. You are not speshul and talented, it won't work for you either.

AnnaH

AnnaH

AnnaH

idajune

I was in the hospital on the adult floor, shortly after they started putting us CFers up there - which sucked. But anyway, I was doing my vest, coughing as I should and the nurse comes in looks at me as though I have two heads, and asks if I am all right. I admit that I could cough up a lung I cough so hard, but for being a pulmonology floor why should that surprise anyone.

idajune

I was in the hospital on the adult floor, shortly after they started putting us CFers up there - which sucked. But anyway, I was doing my vest, coughing as I should and the nurse comes in looks at me as though I have two heads, and asks if I am all right. I admit that I could cough up a lung I cough so hard, but for being a pulmonology floor why should that surprise anyone.

idajune

idajune

idajune

S

SeeEff

I have to fill out a questionare every time I go to clinic.
It has like 100 questions:
on a scale of 0-10 what is the rate of breathlessness you experience when you are---
mowing the lawn
brushing your teeth
engaged in sex
------------------------------
um, who writes this thing?
why not ask:
when using your vest
doing your treatments
walking down the street

whatever, dude

S

SeeEff

on a scale of 0-10 what is the rate of breathlessness you experience when you are---
mowing the lawn
brushing your teeth
engaged in sex
why not ask:
when using your vest
doing your treatments
walking down the street

whatever, dude

S

SeeEff

mowing the lawn
brushing your teeth
engaged in sex
why not ask:
when using your vest
doing your treatments
walking down the street

whatever, dude

S

SeeEff

mowing the lawn
brushing your teeth
engaged in sex
why not ask:
when using your vest
doing your treatments
walking down the street

whatever, dude

S

SeeEff

mowing the lawn
brushing your teeth
engaged in sex
why not ask:
when using your vest
doing your treatments
walking down the street

whatever, dude