Well bad news for me

Faust

Thanks linds. Yeah, what I have gathered about the healthcare is that you keep it once you are taken off medicare/disability, but you have to pay for it out of pocket. So basically it's another 100+ bucks a month. I'm on mom's now as a primary, the medicare as a secondary, and in an emergency I could fall back onto my fiance's...But going on hers would be a huge financial hit. If I could only get on with one of the agencies that offer real positions, this wouldn't be such a bad dream.

Faust

Thanks linds. Yeah, what I have gathered about the healthcare is that you keep it once you are taken off medicare/disability, but you have to pay for it out of pocket. So basically it's another 100+ bucks a month. I'm on mom's now as a primary, the medicare as a secondary, and in an emergency I could fall back onto my fiance's...But going on hers would be a huge financial hit. If I could only get on with one of the agencies that offer real positions, this wouldn't be such a bad dream.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />

Skye

Here is an idea for you, I don't know how practical it would be. For some reason, SSDI looks at net income instead of gross if you are self-employed. So you can make a LOT more money and still fall in the guidelines. Even more so if you have a good accountant. Would it be possilbe for you set up a corporation and contract through your current employer? A lot of people with disabilities are self-employed and that is one of the reasons. It is reletively easy to become incorporated (Faust s-corp). Then SSI looks at your net income and it is much easier to stay under the bar and the deductions are much better. Just a thought.

Karen

Skye

Here is an idea for you, I don't know how practical it would be. For some reason, SSDI looks at net income instead of gross if you are self-employed. So you can make a LOT more money and still fall in the guidelines. Even more so if you have a good accountant. Would it be possilbe for you set up a corporation and contract through your current employer? A lot of people with disabilities are self-employed and that is one of the reasons. It is reletively easy to become incorporated (Faust s-corp). Then SSI looks at your net income and it is much easier to stay under the bar and the deductions are much better. Just a thought.

Karen

Skye

Karen

Skye

Karen

Skye

<br />
<br />Karen

Asexyblond23

I had the same thing to think about. I have been on SSDI for 4 years and got offered a part time job which I desperstly need to get me out of the house. I just have to watch the hours I work and make sure not to go over, where did you get the 940 a month from? I thought it was like 960

Asexyblond23

I had the same thing to think about. I have been on SSDI for 4 years and got offered a part time job which I desperstly need to get me out of the house. I just have to watch the hours I work and make sure not to go over, where did you get the 940 a month from? I thought it was like 960

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

julie

Alisha, it's actually $670 a month in 2008.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=317&p_created=959362523&p_sid=AhjkTy_i&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzUsMzUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTEwNSw4OCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PTIuODgmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1">http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cg...MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1</a>

julie

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=317&p_created=959362523&p_sid=AhjkTy_i&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzUsMzUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTEwNSw4OCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PTIuODgmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1">http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cg...MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1</a>

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=317&p_created=959362523&p_sid=AhjkTy_i&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzUsMzUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTEwNSw4OCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PTIuODgmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1">http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cg...MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1</a>