went into emergency room last night

julie

An Echo is also going to show pressure in the Heart, which can be tied DIRECTLY to poor pulmonary function. If the heart pressure is elevated, they will treat that, which can then in turn treat the pulmonary function (although the PF in this case is mostly going to be tied to the CF issues, but with "issues" lilke this, I would highly recommend you ask for an echo).

julie

An Echo is also going to show pressure in the Heart, which can be tied DIRECTLY to poor pulmonary function. If the heart pressure is elevated, they will treat that, which can then in turn treat the pulmonary function (although the PF in this case is mostly going to be tied to the CF issues, but with "issues" lilke this, I would highly recommend you ask for an echo).

Havoc

Yeah but if her EF is so bad that it is causing pulmonary issues, then she would likely be seriously hypoxic, have exertional dyspnea, and perhaps even syncope or near syncope. That and she would have to have an underlying condition like cardiomyopathy.

I agree with Jennifer, I think it's a lung issue and perhaps pleuritic pain.

Havoc

Yeah but if her EF is so bad that it is causing pulmonary issues, then she would likely be seriously hypoxic, have exertional dyspnea, and perhaps even syncope or near syncope. That and she would have to have an underlying condition like cardiomyopathy.

I agree with Jennifer, I think it's a lung issue and perhaps pleuritic pain.

Havoc

<br />
<br />I agree with Jennifer, I think it's a lung issue and perhaps pleuritic pain.

JennifersHope

I am just saying that people who have a license in the medical field know full well that they should not give out medical advice period and especially those who don't. I know not everyone that is giving out advice has a license but you should be careful. I was told in my nursing classes that once I had a license and if I was to give even a neighbor advil that told me they had a headache and they had an allergic reaction, they could sue me for practicing medicine without a license. I guard my license with my entire being and I have never have and never will boldly give out medical information, unless it is urging someone to go to the doctor or to the emergency room. Unless of course I am working then I will give you an earful, but that is practicing within my scope of practice.
Sometimes on here I think I can clearly see what an issue is with someone, and I still don't say it, just in case I am wrong. I think we all need to remember, that each person should follow up with their own doctor, not go on what someone on the internet says. We can give ideas or thoughts. I am usually very reserved in saying anything other then like I said to go to the ER or to call doctor. I currently work as an educator of heart disease, as well as diabetes and I have a strong critical care and emergency and truma back round, and I still would never give out advice.. Bad medicine. The only people who get my advice is my family because if they want to sue me, they will be taking their own money. Plus God forbid someone was to listen to us and we were wrong.... It is just my opinion that we on this website should not give out bold medical instructions at all.

JennifersHope

I am just saying that people who have a license in the medical field know full well that they should not give out medical advice period and especially those who don't. I know not everyone that is giving out advice has a license but you should be careful. I was told in my nursing classes that once I had a license and if I was to give even a neighbor advil that told me they had a headache and they had an allergic reaction, they could sue me for practicing medicine without a license. I guard my license with my entire being and I have never have and never will boldly give out medical information, unless it is urging someone to go to the doctor or to the emergency room. Unless of course I am working then I will give you an earful, but that is practicing within my scope of practice.
Sometimes on here I think I can clearly see what an issue is with someone, and I still don't say it, just in case I am wrong. I think we all need to remember, that each person should follow up with their own doctor, not go on what someone on the internet says. We can give ideas or thoughts. I am usually very reserved in saying anything other then like I said to go to the ER or to call doctor. I currently work as an educator of heart disease, as well as diabetes and I have a strong critical care and emergency and truma back round, and I still would never give out advice.. Bad medicine. The only people who get my advice is my family because if they want to sue me, they will be taking their own money. Plus God forbid someone was to listen to us and we were wrong.... It is just my opinion that we on this website should not give out bold medical instructions at all.

JennifersHope

<p>I am just saying that people who have a license in the medical field know full well that they should not give out medical advice period and especially those who don't. <br /> <br /> I know not everyone that is giving out advice has a license but you should be careful. I was told in my nursing classes that once I had a license and if I was to give even a neighbor advil that told me they had a headache and they had an allergic reaction, they could sue me for practicing medicine without a license. <br /> <br />I guard my license with my entire being and I have never have and never will boldly give out medical information, unless it is urging someone to go to the doctor or to the emergency room. Unless of course I am working then I will give you an earful, but that is practicing within my scope of practice.
<p>Sometimes on here I think I can clearly see what an issue is with someone, and I still don't say it, just in case I am wrong. <br /> <br />I think we all need to remember, that each person should follow up with their own doctor, not go on what someone on the internet says. We can give ideas or thoughts. I am usually very reserved in saying anything other then like I said to go to the ER or to call doctor. <br /> <br />I currently work as an educator of heart disease, as well as diabetes and I have a strong critical care and emergency and truma back round, and I still would never give out advice.. Bad medicine. The only people who get my advice is my family because if they want to sue me, they will be taking their own money. Plus God forbid someone was to listen to us and we were wrong.... <br /> <br />It is just my opinion that we on this website should not give out bold medical instructions at all. <br />

antonette1279

I have to say something here...first of all I am very sorry to hear you are so sick and without many answers as to what is going on......I have to add a comment here for Jennifer...Jennifer I am a nurse...HOWEVER this site is a CF site for advice and support. If I can help someone by offering my advice as to what I would do in their situation I will do it. I also obviously went to nursing school and the good samaritan act is always in place when you are trying to help someone...I am here to offer my own personal advice and support..not nursing advice. And i also appriciate all the advice I have gotten here...sometimes my knowledge can help someone ...and if it can well then I will help whenever I feel I can

antonette1279

I have to say something here...first of all I am very sorry to hear you are so sick and without many answers as to what is going on......I have to add a comment here for Jennifer...Jennifer I am a nurse...HOWEVER this site is a CF site for advice and support. If I can help someone by offering my advice as to what I would do in their situation I will do it. I also obviously went to nursing school and the good samaritan act is always in place when you are trying to help someone...I am here to offer my own personal advice and support..not nursing advice. And i also appriciate all the advice I have gotten here...sometimes my knowledge can help someone ...and if it can well then I will help whenever I feel I can

antonette1279

JennifersHope

Antonette you can feel free to do what you want with your licensee it it yours. I am stating what I believe, what I learned in school and what I have seen happen. Of course you can say what you think someone should do but as you well know and have learned in Nursing School you are responsible for what you say or do period unless you are trying to save someones life from immediate danger etc.. Your license makes you more responsible, even off the clock. Does that mean you should never give out suggestions?? Heck no. We all need each other. I am talking about giving direct advice and telling someone what they should do, if you have not reviewed their chart, examined them and you are NOT a doctor, you are held accountable. Ideas and putting your heads together is different.

Example of putting your heads together or sharing experience would be when this happen to me or my child this is what I experienced or did, as opposed to, you need to go do, such and such now.

The Good Samaritan Law mostly covers medical professionals for emergencies, it's intent is to help people who otherwise would turn their back on someone in a medical emergency out of fear of being sued, some protection.

I have been on this site a long time and I have been given great advice and ideas by a lot of people, This site is invaluable to me, even now. I think putting your heads together and coming up with ideas and solutions is one of the powerful tools of the internet.

I still stand by what I say, that I feel like it is best to share ideas, comments and concerns but to blatantly give out medical advice is not the intent of this website and is dangerous at best since we are not doctors, we are not the ones who have assessed the patient fully and we don't have a license to practice medicine.

Best of luck to you and your son in finding out what is going on with him,

JennifersHope

Antonette you can feel free to do what you want with your licensee it it yours. I am stating what I believe, what I learned in school and what I have seen happen. Of course you can say what you think someone should do but as you well know and have learned in Nursing School you are responsible for what you say or do period unless you are trying to save someones life from immediate danger etc.. Your license makes you more responsible, even off the clock. Does that mean you should never give out suggestions?? Heck no. We all need each other. I am talking about giving direct advice and telling someone what they should do, if you have not reviewed their chart, examined them and you are NOT a doctor, you are held accountable. Ideas and putting your heads together is different.

Example of putting your heads together or sharing experience would be when this happen to me or my child this is what I experienced or did, as opposed to, you need to go do, such and such now.

The Good Samaritan Law mostly covers medical professionals for emergencies, it's intent is to help people who otherwise would turn their back on someone in a medical emergency out of fear of being sued, some protection.

I have been on this site a long time and I have been given great advice and ideas by a lot of people, This site is invaluable to me, even now. I think putting your heads together and coming up with ideas and solutions is one of the powerful tools of the internet.

I still stand by what I say, that I feel like it is best to share ideas, comments and concerns but to blatantly give out medical advice is not the intent of this website and is dangerous at best since we are not doctors, we are not the ones who have assessed the patient fully and we don't have a license to practice medicine.

Best of luck to you and your son in finding out what is going on with him,

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />Example of putting your heads together or sharing experience would be when this happen to me or my child this is what I experienced or did, as opposed to, you need to go do, such and such now.
<br />
<br />The Good Samaritan Law mostly covers medical professionals for emergencies, it's intent is to help people who otherwise would turn their back on someone in a medical emergency out of fear of being sued, some protection.
<br />
<br />I have been on this site a long time and I have been given great advice and ideas by a lot of people, This site is invaluable to me, even now. I think putting your heads together and coming up with ideas and solutions is one of the powerful tools of the internet.
<br />
<br />I still stand by what I say, that I feel like it is best to share ideas, comments and concerns but to blatantly give out medical advice is not the intent of this website and is dangerous at best since we are not doctors, we are not the ones who have assessed the patient fully and we don't have a license to practice medicine.
<br />
<br />Best of luck to you and your son in finding out what is going on with him,