What age was your child at diagnosis?

MargaritaChic

Emma was diagnosed at 7 days old through newborn screening.

I am thankful that our state added CF to the newborn screening 18 months ago. Our Family doctor asked us at Emma's last appointment if we thought we would have known that Emma had CF without the screening test. I said no, I would not have known or even considered it. He also admitted that he probably would not have either.

MargaritaChic

I am thankful that our state added CF to the newborn screening 18 months ago. Our Family doctor asked us at Emma's last appointment if we thought we would have known that Emma had CF without the screening test. I said no, I would not have known or even considered it. He also admitted that he probably would not have either.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I am thankful that our state added CF to the newborn screening 18 months ago. Our Family doctor asked us at Emma's last appointment if we thought we would have known that Emma had CF without the screening test. I said no, I would not have known or even considered it. He also admitted that he probably would not have either.

T

TonyaH

Andrew was two months old and was tested due to failure to thrive.

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

lflatford

Avery was 18 months, she would have been dx sooner if our pedi doctor would have been more up to date.

Chuck father to Avery 4 years old with DDF508 and Rhett 3 years old carrier

lflatford

Avery was 18 months, she would have been dx sooner if our pedi doctor would have been more up to date.

lflatford

lflatford

lflatford

<br />
<br />Chuck father to Avery 4 years old with DDF508 and Rhett 3 years old carrier

carriepathy

Raphael was diagnosed at 7 weeks (he's 12 weeks old tomorrow). He was hospitalised at 3 weeks as a 'fail to thrive' baby - originally they told us he had a bovine protein intolerance that he'd grow out of at 1 year. We were devastated to hear they then wanted to run more tests for cf - but glad now that we got the diagnosis so young. He's doing great now - takes a pre-digested formula (Pregomin AS) which has piled the weight on and he's exactly where he should be on the charts - and lungs are clear. So far, so good.

carriepathy

Raphael was diagnosed at 7 weeks (he's 12 weeks old tomorrow). He was hospitalised at 3 weeks as a 'fail to thrive' baby - originally they told us he had a bovine protein intolerance that he'd grow out of at 1 year. We were devastated to hear they then wanted to run more tests for cf - but glad now that we got the diagnosis so young. He's doing great now - takes a pre-digested formula (Pregomin AS) which has piled the weight on and he's exactly where he should be on the charts - and lungs are clear. So far, so good.

carriepathy

carriepathy

carriepathy