What do you feed your infant with 2 teeth?

jbrandonAW

My daughter was eating whatever we ate around 9 months -with no teeth. She didn't get her first 2 teeth till about 12 months. I would just feed her whatever we ate, just cut up really really tiny. I also fed her lots of yogart, bananas, sweet potatoes, avacado. I would also mix whatever I could with butter, oil, or baby whole wheat cereal. You can also try things like adult oatmeal. I also started giving her 4oz of milk mixed with a carnation instant breakfast.

She doesn't have CF but is failure to thrive. (I think she is just tall and skinny but whatever lol).

Also as long as she is following HER growth curve I wouldn't worry about it. Babies weight gain starts to slow down around a year old.

As for variety. My daughter really likes when I make her a plate of food with a bunch of different things on it. I give her really small portions in a variety. For example - breakfast might be a few bites of a fruit, a few bites of yogart, some kind of grain (whole wheat cereal/toast with butter/pancake etc), and then some kind of protien. I give her about 2 tablespoons of eat thing and it works amazing. Kids won't eat more than about 1/2-1cup of food in a sitting and they normally only eat ONE good meal a day.

Check out the websites wholesomebabyfood.com and wholesometoddlerfood.com

jbrandonAW

My daughter was eating whatever we ate around 9 months -with no teeth. She didn't get her first 2 teeth till about 12 months. I would just feed her whatever we ate, just cut up really really tiny. I also fed her lots of yogart, bananas, sweet potatoes, avacado. I would also mix whatever I could with butter, oil, or baby whole wheat cereal. You can also try things like adult oatmeal. I also started giving her 4oz of milk mixed with a carnation instant breakfast.

She doesn't have CF but is failure to thrive. (I think she is just tall and skinny but whatever lol).

Also as long as she is following HER growth curve I wouldn't worry about it. Babies weight gain starts to slow down around a year old.

As for variety. My daughter really likes when I make her a plate of food with a bunch of different things on it. I give her really small portions in a variety. For example - breakfast might be a few bites of a fruit, a few bites of yogart, some kind of grain (whole wheat cereal/toast with butter/pancake etc), and then some kind of protien. I give her about 2 tablespoons of eat thing and it works amazing. Kids won't eat more than about 1/2-1cup of food in a sitting and they normally only eat ONE good meal a day.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />She doesn't have CF but is failure to thrive. (I think she is just tall and skinny but whatever lol).
<br />
<br />Also as long as she is following HER growth curve I wouldn't worry about it. Babies weight gain starts to slow down around a year old.
<br />
<br />As for variety. My daughter really likes when I make her a plate of food with a bunch of different things on it. I give her really small portions in a variety. For example - breakfast might be a few bites of a fruit, a few bites of yogart, some kind of grain (whole wheat cereal/toast with butter/pancake etc), and then some kind of protien. I give her about 2 tablespoons of eat thing and it works amazing. Kids won't eat more than about 1/2-1cup of food in a sitting and they normally only eat ONE good meal a day.
<br />
<br />Check out the websites wholesomebabyfood.com and wholesometoddlerfood.com

mom2cameron

I have an 11 month old also. His birthday is May 4th. The nutritionist also thinks he should be eating meals like we do but we can never really get that much in him. In the morning with his bottle we give him oatmeal with butter and sugar (just one packet) we usually find the one that has the most calories in it not the original kind oh and a piece of butter toast or bread. For lunch he really doesnt eat food just a bottle maybe some butter bread too. And for supper we give him EasyMac with butter and salt (hes suppose to get 1/4 teaspoon a day) or hamburger helper. He really eats what ever we eat. I let him taste everything he is very interested in food (thank god)Oh and he also had only 2 teeth up until a few days ago...we now have the 2 bottom teeth and 2 new top teeth! We were getting talked to about a feeding tube about 2 months ago and we started feeding him alot more and were able to get his weight up to 50th % last month we go back on Tuesday hope his weight is still doing good!

mom2cameron

I have an 11 month old also. His birthday is May 4th. The nutritionist also thinks he should be eating meals like we do but we can never really get that much in him. In the morning with his bottle we give him oatmeal with butter and sugar (just one packet) we usually find the one that has the most calories in it not the original kind oh and a piece of butter toast or bread. For lunch he really doesnt eat food just a bottle maybe some butter bread too. And for supper we give him EasyMac with butter and salt (hes suppose to get 1/4 teaspoon a day) or hamburger helper. He really eats what ever we eat. I let him taste everything he is very interested in food (thank god)Oh and he also had only 2 teeth up until a few days ago...we now have the 2 bottom teeth and 2 new top teeth! We were getting talked to about a feeding tube about 2 months ago and we started feeding him alot more and were able to get his weight up to 50th % last month we go back on Tuesday hope his weight is still doing good!

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

bet10

Sorry to hear you are having issues with her food! It is a non-stop battle! Tom is almost 11 months and is doing very well weight wise - 90th percentile, but let me tell you it is hard work! Every week he seems to have an issue with some sort of food, not wanting his bottle, teething issues and antibiotic issues! But, that said he he is still gaining, but I really must stress it is hard work. He pretty much eats the same thing everyday, which I think is not great, but the dietician said to go with it for now as he is doing so well! He does have texture issues and also gags when anything is too chunky. So he eats on most days when all is okay - 3 yobaby yoghurts a day, gerber spag bol jars with a drop of oil, earths best sweet potato, earths best beef and spinach jar, baby cereal with apple sauce and 3 oz of formula (not everyday). I mix avocado with banana, apple and yoghurt every couple of days too. I give him other things to try here and there - toast, he will eat a little then throw the rest, strawberries to sooth his teeth - he loves this, cheese sticks - hates that and Trader Joes veggie chips - he loves them! I have tried to give him our meals mashed up but he refuses at this stage. I also put an extra scoop of formula in each bottle when I remember! Good luck, let me know if you need to chat! Good Luck!

bet10

Sorry to hear you are having issues with her food! It is a non-stop battle! Tom is almost 11 months and is doing very well weight wise - 90th percentile, but let me tell you it is hard work! Every week he seems to have an issue with some sort of food, not wanting his bottle, teething issues and antibiotic issues! But, that said he he is still gaining, but I really must stress it is hard work. He pretty much eats the same thing everyday, which I think is not great, but the dietician said to go with it for now as he is doing so well! He does have texture issues and also gags when anything is too chunky. So he eats on most days when all is okay - 3 yobaby yoghurts a day, gerber spag bol jars with a drop of oil, earths best sweet potato, earths best beef and spinach jar, baby cereal with apple sauce and 3 oz of formula (not everyday). I mix avocado with banana, apple and yoghurt every couple of days too. I give him other things to try here and there - toast, he will eat a little then throw the rest, strawberries to sooth his teeth - he loves this, cheese sticks - hates that and Trader Joes veggie chips - he loves them! I have tried to give him our meals mashed up but he refuses at this stage. I also put an extra scoop of formula in each bottle when I remember! Good luck, let me know if you need to chat! Good Luck!

bet10

bet10

bet10

ehtansky21

You could be dealing with teething in regards to the spitting stuff out. I remember reading that before feeding a teething child, let them suck on something cold to numb there gums. It might help you figure out if that part of the issue.
Our big things at that age was mushed bananas mixed with coconut oil and ground up oats. It has a good amount of calories, the fat is very healthy and you have some added fiber...Also work with avocados. They are also such a healthy fat and you can pour on the salt as that is such a yummy combination!!

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

You could be dealing with teething in regards to the spitting stuff out. I remember reading that before feeding a teething child, let them suck on something cold to numb there gums. It might help you figure out if that part of the issue.
Our big things at that age was mushed bananas mixed with coconut oil and ground up oats. It has a good amount of calories, the fat is very healthy and you have some added fiber...Also work with avocados. They are also such a healthy fat and you can pour on the salt as that is such a yummy combination!!

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />Our big things at that age was mushed bananas mixed with coconut oil and ground up oats. It has a good amount of calories, the fat is very healthy and you have some added fiber...Also work with avocados. They are also such a healthy fat and you can pour on the salt as that is such a yummy combination!!
<br />
<br />blessings,
<br />missa