What do you pack for school lunches?

JennifersHope

I think giving a choice of a bunch of things is a good idea, like different healthy snack options this way you are sure to make a hit with something in there.

Tbe lunchables are pretty good, though they can get expensive to send everyday. The small yogurt containers, apples with dip, any veggie with a fattening salad dressing, Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes in the thermos or cans of Pedisure, (if you can afford that) Also chicken nuggets are great, full of fat and do have protien in them and the kids can have fun dipping them.

I would stay away from total sugar items because all they are going to do is cause sugar highs and lows and make it hard for your child to concentrate in class.

I think what I have found works with kids, back in the day before I was a nurse and I was a day care director.. Bring them to the store, help them to know they have to eat x amount of stuff in school period and then let them decide within reason or with as many choices as possible what they want to do.. Let them create the "menu" for the week.

I am so excited to hear how all our little ones are going to do in Kindergarten and in their first days of school. I love reading about it.

JennifersHope

I think giving a choice of a bunch of things is a good idea, like different healthy snack options this way you are sure to make a hit with something in there.

Tbe lunchables are pretty good, though they can get expensive to send everyday. The small yogurt containers, apples with dip, any veggie with a fattening salad dressing, Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes in the thermos or cans of Pedisure, (if you can afford that) Also chicken nuggets are great, full of fat and do have protien in them and the kids can have fun dipping them.

I would stay away from total sugar items because all they are going to do is cause sugar highs and lows and make it hard for your child to concentrate in class.

I think what I have found works with kids, back in the day before I was a nurse and I was a day care director.. Bring them to the store, help them to know they have to eat x amount of stuff in school period and then let them decide within reason or with as many choices as possible what they want to do.. Let them create the "menu" for the week.

I am so excited to hear how all our little ones are going to do in Kindergarten and in their first days of school. I love reading about it.

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />Tbe lunchables are pretty good, though they can get expensive to send everyday. The small yogurt containers, apples with dip, any veggie with a fattening salad dressing, Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes in the thermos or cans of Pedisure, (if you can afford that) Also chicken nuggets are great, full of fat and do have protien in them and the kids can have fun dipping them.
<br />
<br />I would stay away from total sugar items because all they are going to do is cause sugar highs and lows and make it hard for your child to concentrate in class.
<br />
<br />I think what I have found works with kids, back in the day before I was a nurse and I was a day care director.. Bring them to the store, help them to know they have to eat x amount of stuff in school period and then let them decide within reason or with as many choices as possible what they want to do.. Let them create the "menu" for the week.
<br />
<br />I am so excited to hear how all our little ones are going to do in Kindergarten and in their first days of school. I love reading about it.