What do you to keep your house clean?

hmw

Thanks Liza- I wasn't sure about the ionic ones.

We have a vacuum with a hepa filter and vacuum the main rooms of the house quite often but I need to do better with the bedrooms... I'm not so good with dusting either & need to improve on that. Clutter is an issue here too (everything that comes home from 3 different schools every day becomes epic in proportion if not dealt with immediately! Not to mention mail, and toys...) Fortunately we are good with taking shoes off at the door; I know that helps a lot.

I want to get a washable computer keyboard; they have some good ones now that can stand up to some better cleaning than a wipe-off with a antibacterial wipe. I have read articles indicating that it's one of the grossest surfaces in your home; right up there with your toilet seat... and I believe it.

hmw

We have a vacuum with a hepa filter and vacuum the main rooms of the house quite often but I need to do better with the bedrooms... I'm not so good with dusting either & need to improve on that. Clutter is an issue here too (everything that comes home from 3 different schools every day becomes epic in proportion if not dealt with immediately! Not to mention mail, and toys...) Fortunately we are good with taking shoes off at the door; I know that helps a lot.

I want to get a washable computer keyboard; they have some good ones now that can stand up to some better cleaning than a wipe-off with a antibacterial wipe. I have read articles indicating that it's one of the grossest surfaces in your home; right up there with your toilet seat... and I believe it.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />We have a vacuum with a hepa filter and vacuum the main rooms of the house quite often but I need to do better with the bedrooms... I'm not so good with dusting either & need to improve on that. Clutter is an issue here too (everything that comes home from 3 different schools every day becomes epic in proportion if not dealt with immediately! Not to mention mail, and toys...) Fortunately we are good with taking shoes off at the door; I know that helps a lot.
<br />
<br />I want to get a washable computer keyboard; they have some good ones now that can stand up to some better cleaning than a wipe-off with a antibacterial wipe. I have read articles indicating that it's one of the grossest surfaces in your home; right up there with your toilet seat... and I believe it.

Mom2Max

I vacuum a lot, sometimes twice a day (we have 6 people/4 pets inside & live on a farm). Another member had once said that a good rule of thumb is to vacuum as many times per week as you have people/animals in the house. I don't have an air filter yet (will be adding one to our a/c unit eventually), but have liked the germ guardian tower, an air sanitizer (it sucks the air through a chamber where it is exposed to UV light). When we first started using these, I noticed how clean/crisp the air smelled.

Strong chemical smells have always bothered me, so I don't use harsh cleaners very often. My cleaning staples are vinegar, peroxcide, rubbing alcohol & baking soda.

Mom2Max

I vacuum a lot, sometimes twice a day (we have 6 people/4 pets inside & live on a farm). Another member had once said that a good rule of thumb is to vacuum as many times per week as you have people/animals in the house. I don't have an air filter yet (will be adding one to our a/c unit eventually), but have liked the germ guardian tower, an air sanitizer (it sucks the air through a chamber where it is exposed to UV light). When we first started using these, I noticed how clean/crisp the air smelled.

Strong chemical smells have always bothered me, so I don't use harsh cleaners very often. My cleaning staples are vinegar, peroxcide, rubbing alcohol & baking soda.

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

<br />
<br />Strong chemical smells have always bothered me, so I don't use harsh cleaners very often. My cleaning staples are vinegar, peroxcide, rubbing alcohol & baking soda.

reagansmom

We use air purifiers all over the house, change a/c filters often and buy good ones. Vacuum once a week while Reagans not in the house. Steam mop once a week. Bathrooms once a week officially and as needed touch ups (w/ a five year old boy). I use a lot of clorox anywhere spray on surfaces. I spray the bath/shower area with it everyday before Reagans bath, let it set 2 min. then rinse. Germs like moist areas.
No shoes in the house and everyone must sanitize hands upon entering.
I'm terrible about dusting, but the air purifiers help with a lot of that. Working on getting rid of clutter...

reagansmom

We use air purifiers all over the house, change a/c filters often and buy good ones. Vacuum once a week while Reagans not in the house. Steam mop once a week. Bathrooms once a week officially and as needed touch ups (w/ a five year old boy). I use a lot of clorox anywhere spray on surfaces. I spray the bath/shower area with it everyday before Reagans bath, let it set 2 min. then rinse. Germs like moist areas.
I'm terrible about dusting, but the air purifiers help with a lot of that. Working on getting rid of clutter...

reagansmom

reagansmom

reagansmom

<br />No shoes in the house and everyone must sanitize hands upon entering.
<br />I'm terrible about dusting, but the air purifiers help with a lot of that. Working on getting rid of clutter...

caelsmom

I would strongly suggest using hydrogen peroxide. I read that antibacterial wipes and soap kill the bacteria but not the viruses around your home. Peroxide kills viruses and bacteria!! I found a good website that gives lots of different info on peroxide cleaning. www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com

caelsmom

I would strongly suggest using hydrogen peroxide. I read that antibacterial wipes and soap kill the bacteria but not the viruses around your home. Peroxide kills viruses and bacteria!! I found a good website that gives lots of different info on peroxide cleaning. www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com

caelsmom

caelsmom

caelsmom