what good has insurance done for you?

DjFunkyFife

i had blue shield of california up untill 2 months ago, they were a NIGHTMARE!!!! stuff not covered... referrals wouldnt come in on time, the list goes on. i have nothing good to say about them, i had an HMO... their only plan with NO CAPS on anything... drugs, hospitalization... but they made me jump through hoops of fire to get what i needed.

AND i was paying them over 600 bucks a month... almost 400 was just the monthly premium!!! then brand name drugs were like 35... that makes it tough on a CF'er

so i signed up with a program the state of ca has called GHPP (genetically handicapped persons program) they charge you a once a year enrollment fee based on your household income, and from there on out, EVERYTHING is covered, my fee was 180 bucks, and since then, i've seen the doctor once, and recieved 2 months shipments worth of my meds... total cost to me: 0.00!!!

i was so happy they day i called blue shield and told them to shove it!

do any of your states have programs like that?? (this program also caters to about a dozen or so other diseases)

DjFunkyFife

i had blue shield of california up untill 2 months ago, they were a NIGHTMARE!!!! stuff not covered... referrals wouldnt come in on time, the list goes on. i have nothing good to say about them, i had an HMO... their only plan with NO CAPS on anything... drugs, hospitalization... but they made me jump through hoops of fire to get what i needed.

AND i was paying them over 600 bucks a month... almost 400 was just the monthly premium!!! then brand name drugs were like 35... that makes it tough on a CF'er

so i signed up with a program the state of ca has called GHPP (genetically handicapped persons program) they charge you a once a year enrollment fee based on your household income, and from there on out, EVERYTHING is covered, my fee was 180 bucks, and since then, i've seen the doctor once, and recieved 2 months shipments worth of my meds... total cost to me: 0.00!!!

do any of your states have programs like that?? (this program also caters to about a dozen or so other diseases)

DjFunkyFife

DjFunkyFife

DjFunkyFife

mom2lillian

michigan has special supplementary health care for cf and about 3 others for life and a # of them for 18 and under. Same basis, you pay on a sliding scale per month depends on family size income. Then all CF related items are covered 100% including drugs. I was on it in college for 2 years and it was great help. NOw it is on the chopping block every year due budget constraints and our idiot of a govenor (granholm). Last I knew 6 states had such coverage.

mom2lillian

michigan has special supplementary health care for cf and about 3 others for life and a # of them for 18 and under. Same basis, you pay on a sliding scale per month depends on family size income. Then all CF related items are covered 100% including drugs. I was on it in college for 2 years and it was great help. NOw it is on the chopping block every year due budget constraints and our idiot of a govenor (granholm). Last I knew 6 states had such coverage.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

Breezy

Everything. I am absolutely BLESSED that i live in Ontario, Canada and that insurance covers everything. Thank god for OHIP!

Breezy

Everything. I am absolutely BLESSED that i live in Ontario, Canada and that insurance covers everything. Thank god for OHIP!

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

SVTmike

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Breezy</b></i>

Everything. I am absolutely BLESSED that i live in Ontario, Canada and that insurance covers everything. Thank god for OHIP!</end quote></div>

yea your lucky to live where they do that. I have to work full time and have to maintain coverage. otherwise i am screwed. insurance aroudn here wont cover you if they find out you have a pre existing condition, i was just fortunate to be able to not have ever lost insurance, i was able to get insurance right after i got off my dads policy. but im lucky i work for the same company as him, so that helps.

SVTmike

Everything. I am absolutely BLESSED that i live in Ontario, Canada and that insurance covers everything. Thank god for OHIP!</end quote></div>

yea your lucky to live where they do that. I have to work full time and have to maintain coverage. otherwise i am screwed. insurance aroudn here wont cover you if they find out you have a pre existing condition, i was just fortunate to be able to not have ever lost insurance, i was able to get insurance right after i got off my dads policy. but im lucky i work for the same company as him, so that helps.

SVTmike

SVTmike

Everything. I am absolutely BLESSED that i live in Ontario, Canada and that insurance covers everything. Thank god for OHIP!</end quote>

SVTmike

Everything. I am absolutely BLESSED that i live in Ontario, Canada and that insurance covers everything. Thank god for OHIP!</end quote>