What is atypical cf?

M

MiddleAgedLady

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MiddleAgedLady</b></i>

the doctors kept thinking I wasn't "sick enough" to have CF.</end quote></div>

Yet you still refuse to get a gene test to avoid those situations in the future?</end quote></div>

I'm sorry? I think I missed a step somewhere, Amy. I have never refused to get a gene test. They didn't exist when I was diagnosed in 1980! I had to beg the CF Dr. at my last clinic to order one some years back. It showed I had one CF gene and one "unknown zygote". What I understand now is that he never took it to the next step to find out what the 2nd gene was. My new CF clinic is going to perform this for me.

M

MiddleAgedLady

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MiddleAgedLady</b></i>

Yet you still refuse to get a gene test to avoid those situations in the future?</end quote></div>

I'm sorry? I think I missed a step somewhere, Amy. I have never refused to get a gene test. They didn't exist when I was diagnosed in 1980! I had to beg the CF Dr. at my last clinic to order one some years back. It showed I had one CF gene and one "unknown zygote". What I understand now is that he never took it to the next step to find out what the 2nd gene was. My new CF clinic is going to perform this for me.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

the doctors kept thinking I wasn't "sick enough" to have CF.</end quote>

Yet you still refuse to get a gene test to avoid those situations in the future?</end quote>

M

MiddleAgedLady

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MiddleAgedLady</b></i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /> the doctors kept thinking I wasn't "sick enough" to have CF.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Yet you still refuse to get a gene test to avoid those situations in the future?</end quote>
<br />
<br />I'm sorry? I think I missed a step somewhere, Amy. I have never refused to get a gene test. They didn't exist when I was diagnosed in 1980! I had to beg the CF Dr. at my last clinic to order one some years back. It showed I had one CF gene and one "unknown zygote". What I understand now is that he never took it to the next step to find out what the 2nd gene was. My new CF clinic is going to perform this for me.

K

kgfrompa

I was told that i have mild cf and thats what happens when you are 50,and dignosed and after having most of my left lung removed gall bladder removed 16 chest tubes and many lung infection and wiped out most of the time resting.Its cf hopefully the move they find out and the more that we edu,ourselfs,Then the more the doc will see what we will teach them about cf,Im now 53 and much sicker,I guess my point is its what we learn as we go and now i heard another view atypical did not know that would upset anyone to call it mild

K

kgfrompa

I was told that i have mild cf and thats what happens when you are 50,and dignosed and after having most of my left lung removed gall bladder removed 16 chest tubes and many lung infection and wiped out most of the time resting.Its cf hopefully the move they find out and the more that we edu,ourselfs,Then the more the doc will see what we will teach them about cf,Im now 53 and much sicker,I guess my point is its what we learn as we go and now i heard another view atypical did not know that would upset anyone to call it mild

K

kgfrompa

K

kgfrompa

K

kgfrompa

saveferris2009

MiddleAgedLady:
<br />
<br />
<br />So sorry! I made a mistake... For some reason I thought that was MichelleGazelle.
<br />
<br />so sorry!!!!!

M

MiddleAgedLady

Amy,
<br />
<br />No worries! Thank for clearing that up...
<br />
<br />Joan