What is your most effective IV cocktail or fav drugs?

S

semperfiohana

i don't have mrsa, but i do have pa and i've cultured it for as long as i can remember. when i go on iv's i do tobra and fortaz (also know as ceft...i have no idea how to spell it, but it's the same thing). i just got off of iv's and one side effect that i know of for sure with being pregnant and being on tobra is that the baby could be deaf. i don't know how it works for breast feeding though. i could ask my sister to look it up. she is the one who looked up side effects for me before i went on them. good luck though!

S

semperfiohana

i don't have mrsa, but i do have pa and i've cultured it for as long as i can remember. when i go on iv's i do tobra and fortaz (also know as ceft...i have no idea how to spell it, but it's the same thing). i just got off of iv's and one side effect that i know of for sure with being pregnant and being on tobra is that the baby could be deaf. i don't know how it works for breast feeding though. i could ask my sister to look it up. she is the one who looked up side effects for me before i went on them. good luck though!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

ladybug

For PA I usually am put on tobramycin (even though I'm resistant to it) along with meropenum. I've used Zosyn in the past and had amazing results but had such a terrible reaction on day 9 (itchy red skin and hives everywhere from scalp to toes!) that they pulled the picc and stopped the meds. It was horrible. I assume we'd use it again as a last resort. I also am somtimes put on tobra and aztreonam.

ladybug

For PA I usually am put on tobramycin (even though I'm resistant to it) along with meropenum. I've used Zosyn in the past and had amazing results but had such a terrible reaction on day 9 (itchy red skin and hives everywhere from scalp to toes!) that they pulled the picc and stopped the meds. It was horrible. I assume we'd use it again as a last resort. I also am somtimes put on tobra and aztreonam.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

coltsfan715

When I was going in for MRSA infections - I cultured PA as well - my docs normally put me on Tobra and Ceftaz (for the PA) and then I would take Zyvox or Vanco dependant on the visit. They liked to alternate the medications for the MRSA so I didn't build resistance I guess. I also would take another oral antibiotic that usually varied. The last time it was Tetracyclene - ugh NASTY drug. I was constantly throwing up and begged them to take me off of it (which they thankfully did).

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

When I was going in for MRSA infections - I cultured PA as well - my docs normally put me on Tobra and Ceftaz (for the PA) and then I would take Zyvox or Vanco dependant on the visit. They liked to alternate the medications for the MRSA so I didn't build resistance I guess. I also would take another oral antibiotic that usually varied. The last time it was Tetracyclene - ugh NASTY drug. I was constantly throwing up and begged them to take me off of it (which they thankfully did).

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey