What medicines you give to a toddler

shimmereestar

Sometimes I feel like my little one's medicine cabinet is out of control. We are on 2 creon5 enzymes with every feed, vitamaxx 1ml a day, 1.4ml regalan 4xa day, 2.5ml robitussin 3x a day, and prevacid 2x a day. She also nebs xopenex 4 times a day, and pulmozyne 2 times a day. She also has a flovent inhaler we do twice a day and we do cpt 4 times a day (looking forward to the vest). It is a lot, and sometimes I feel like if I skip it once we will be okay (but I never do) She is only 61/2 months old but her doctors are pretty aggressive and she had a rough start (pnemonia twice already) because she was diagnosed two and half months after birth rather than at birth. The medicines do seem like a lot but she's so good at taking them it only takes a couple of minutes throughout the day. She is also DDF508 so I feel like that could be part of why they are so aggressive too.

shimmereestar

Sometimes I feel like my little one's medicine cabinet is out of control. We are on 2 creon5 enzymes with every feed, vitamaxx 1ml a day, 1.4ml regalan 4xa day, 2.5ml robitussin 3x a day, and prevacid 2x a day. She also nebs xopenex 4 times a day, and pulmozyne 2 times a day. She also has a flovent inhaler we do twice a day and we do cpt 4 times a day (looking forward to the vest). It is a lot, and sometimes I feel like if I skip it once we will be okay (but I never do) She is only 61/2 months old but her doctors are pretty aggressive and she had a rough start (pnemonia twice already) because she was diagnosed two and half months after birth rather than at birth. The medicines do seem like a lot but she's so good at taking them it only takes a couple of minutes throughout the day. She is also DDF508 so I feel like that could be part of why they are so aggressive too.

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

Chilemom

thank you for your answers. I will ask my doc about pulmozyme, but the physiotherpist said that my daughter is so well that she don´t need anything st the moment (he visit here twice a week just to see how things are going).
I also believe a lot in the homeopathy she takes (there are 8 pills 3 times a day, or 4 if she has a cold).
I will keep you inform

Chilemom

thank you for your answers. I will ask my doc about pulmozyme, but the physiotherpist said that my daughter is so well that she don´t need anything st the moment (he visit here twice a week just to see how things are going).
I also believe a lot in the homeopathy she takes (there are 8 pills 3 times a day, or 4 if she has a cold).
I will keep you inform

Chilemom

I will keep you inform

Chilemom

I will keep you inform

Chilemom

<br />I also believe a lot in the homeopathy she takes (there are 8 pills 3 times a day, or 4 if she has a cold).
<br />I will keep you inform
<br />
<br />
<br />

mbarloewen

My daughter (17 months) is on:

Enzymes every meal (Switched to Pancreocarb as seems to be more effective for her then Creon)
Prevacid (half tab daily)
Albutorol via Neb (2 treatments daily)
Vest (20 minutes twice a day)
Aquadek (1.25 ml a day)

Actually thats it right now. She had previously been on Tobi.

Mike

Dad to Abby, 17 mo old with CF (D F508 and 182 Del T )

mbarloewen

Enzymes every meal (Switched to Pancreocarb as seems to be more effective for her then Creon)
Aquadek (1.25 ml a day)

Mike

mbarloewen

Aquadek (1.25 ml a day)

Mike

mbarloewen

Aquadek (1.25 ml a day)

Mike

mbarloewen

<br />
<br />Enzymes every meal (Switched to Pancreocarb as seems to be more effective for her then Creon)
<br />Prevacid (half tab daily)
<br />Albutorol via Neb (2 treatments daily)
<br />Vest (20 minutes twice a day)
<br />Aquadek (1.25 ml a day)
<br />
<br />Actually thats it right now. She had previously been on Tobi.
<br />
<br />Mike
<br />
<br />Dad to Abby, 17 mo old with CF (D F508 and 182 Del T )
<br />

purplemartin

Briceton(2) takes once/twice daily:

4 Creon5 with snacks and meals
2 Pancrecarb MS8 with snacks and meals
Vitamax
Prevacid
Zinc
Calciferol
Actigall
Clairitan
Imodium
Flovent puffer
Albuterol puffer
Pulmozyme
Tobi
Hypertonic Saline

We have always done CPT twice a day since his diagnosis. The majority of his medications have been added in as we go to try and help relieve some symptoms and to be proactive in his care.

Research all the different medications available to CFers today (Pulmozyme, HTS, etc..) and bring your research to your child's pulmonologist.

Best wishes,

purplemartin

Vitamax
Prevacid
Zinc
Calciferol
Actigall
Clairitan
Imodium
Flovent puffer
Albuterol puffer
Pulmozyme
Tobi
Hypertonic Saline

We have always done CPT twice a day since his diagnosis. The majority of his medications have been added in as we go to try and help relieve some symptoms and to be proactive in his care.

Research all the different medications available to CFers today (Pulmozyme, HTS, etc..) and bring your research to your child's pulmonologist.

Best wishes,

purplemartin

Vitamax
Prevacid
Zinc
Calciferol
Actigall
Clairitan
Imodium
Flovent puffer
Albuterol puffer
Pulmozyme
Tobi
Hypertonic Saline

Best wishes,

purplemartin

Vitamax
Prevacid
Zinc
Calciferol
Actigall
Clairitan
Imodium
Flovent puffer
Albuterol puffer
Pulmozyme
Tobi
Hypertonic Saline

Best wishes,

purplemartin

<br />
<br />4 Creon5 with snacks and meals
<br />2 Pancrecarb MS8 with snacks and meals
<br />Vitamax
<br />Prevacid
<br />Zinc
<br />Calciferol
<br />Actigall
<br />Clairitan
<br />Imodium
<br />Flovent puffer
<br />Albuterol puffer
<br />Pulmozyme
<br />Tobi
<br />Hypertonic Saline
<br />
<br />We have always done CPT twice a day since his diagnosis. The majority of his medications have been added in as we go to try and help relieve some symptoms and to be proactive in his care.
<br />
<br />Research all the different medications available to CFers today (Pulmozyme, HTS, etc..) and bring your research to your child's pulmonologist.
<br />
<br />Best wishes,
<br />