What meds do you use for inflammation(inhaled or oral).

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I was curious what meds you use for inflammation. Maggie uses pulmicort twice a day by neb. She seems to get upper airway inflammation, especially after a cold with coughing. She's had a reasonable winter but she's had a cold about every 3 weeks or so. She's now left with a sort of dry, inflamed cough, but she seems like her usual self otherwise. We are going for her clinic appointment tomorrow and I wanted to ask him what else we could do for the cough besides wait and then go on anti's.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I was curious what meds you use for inflammation. Maggie uses pulmicort twice a day by neb. She seems to get upper airway inflammation, especially after a cold with coughing. She's had a reasonable winter but she's had a cold about every 3 weeks or so. She's now left with a sort of dry, inflamed cough, but she seems like her usual self otherwise. We are going for her clinic appointment tomorrow and I wanted to ask him what else we could do for the cough besides wait and then go on anti's.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

JazzysMom

Besides the usual pulmicort, albeuterol and advair twice daily. I have had to increase my albeuterol to every 4 hours. I havent had to do that since being in the hospital in 2005 when I got it every 4 hours around the clock. I also massage my chest while doing my nebs. Literally rubbing between the ribs. It helps me to relax and opens things up. Caffein is another option for me, but I do have to me careful not to have too much. Peppermint tea is awesome also!

JazzysMom

Besides the usual pulmicort, albeuterol and advair twice daily. I have had to increase my albeuterol to every 4 hours. I havent had to do that since being in the hospital in 2005 when I got it every 4 hours around the clock. I also massage my chest while doing my nebs. Literally rubbing between the ribs. It helps me to relax and opens things up. Caffein is another option for me, but I do have to me careful not to have too much. Peppermint tea is awesome also!

JazzysMom

littletally

I'm on advair and albuterol on a daily basis. But when I get really tight I have to go on prednisone. Not the most fun thing in the world but it always works!

Nikki
27, married with cf

littletally

I'm on advair and albuterol on a daily basis. But when I get really tight I have to go on prednisone. Not the most fun thing in the world but it always works!

Nikki
27, married with cf

littletally

Nikki
27, married with cf

M

MCGrad2006

I dont know if this is an option for your little girl...but I take motrin. I take very high doses twice a day and usually things are kept under control that way. I definitely notice a difference when I am not on the motrin (as I can NOT be on it while on IV's).

I dont tolerate albuterol very well, so I dont do that, but I use the others thing Melissa suggested (advair).

Good Luck tomorrow!!

M

MCGrad2006

I dont know if this is an option for your little girl...but I take motrin. I take very high doses twice a day and usually things are kept under control that way. I definitely notice a difference when I am not on the motrin (as I can NOT be on it while on IV's).

I dont tolerate albuterol very well, so I dont do that, but I use the others thing Melissa suggested (advair).

Good Luck tomorrow!!

M

MCGrad2006

Good Luck tomorrow!!

dasjsmum

Azithromycin is the best treatment we have had for inflammation...apart from the usual asthma related meds.

dasjsmum

Azithromycin is the best treatment we have had for inflammation...apart from the usual asthma related meds.

dasjsmum

beleache

besides all usual meds i also use azithromycin tabs for inflamation 250 mg. 1 month on one month off...Joni.. 55 y/o f w c/f

beleache

besides all usual meds i also use azithromycin tabs for inflamation 250 mg. 1 month on one month off...Joni.. 55 y/o f w c/f