What next for our future?

CFHockeyMom

This is a very heated topic around here so prepare yourself...

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I won't be able to go on if something should happen to my son</end quote></div>

I think you've answered your own question.

It's normal to want another baby under these circumstances so don't beat yourself up over it.

If you don't want to risk having another CFer then, quite frankly, you shouldn't be having sex without serious birth control. Your entire thought process is very logical but leaving pregnancy to chance seems inconsistent. As you know, caring for a CFer can be difficult on many levels. If you don't think you can go through it twice then aborting a CF fetus is certainly an option but please don't use abortion as your birth control.

As for those telling you to "STOP IT", screw them! You are in mourning and it's ok. Cry when you need to. CF is sad and it sucks. Trust me though when I tell you, it will get better. There will come a day when you see your son and don't see CF. It took me almost a year but I finally got there.

CFHockeyMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I won't be able to go on if something should happen to my son</end quote></div>

It's normal to want another baby under these circumstances so don't beat yourself up over it.

If you don't want to risk having another CFer then, quite frankly, you shouldn't be having sex without serious birth control. Your entire thought process is very logical but leaving pregnancy to chance seems inconsistent. As you know, caring for a CFer can be difficult on many levels. If you don't think you can go through it twice then aborting a CF fetus is certainly an option but please don't use abortion as your birth control.

As for those telling you to "STOP IT", screw them! You are in mourning and it's ok. Cry when you need to. CF is sad and it sucks. Trust me though when I tell you, it will get better. There will come a day when you see your son and don't see CF. It took me almost a year but I finally got there.

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I won't be able to go on if something should happen to my son</end quote>

CFHockeyMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I won't be able to go on if something should happen to my son</end quote>

B

braydenzmom

i guess i just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in your thought process. i'm still pregnant with my little boy. we found out he has CF through amnio in july (im due nov. 25th) i felt like the entire world crashed down all around me. i already suffer from panic disorder and anxiety, so as you can imagine, getting the diagnosis didnt help much. it also didnt help much that im only 22 and my finace, 21. i spent some time feeling sorry for myself. and also, thinking how in the world i could raise a child with a disease that i had no previous knowledge of. all the things you mentioned ran through my head. its a scary thing. my fiance broke down and cried because he was scared that i wouldnt want to be with him anymore because of the whole situation. the bottom line...its NOT our fault. not his fault. not my fault. not my babies fault. we will simply have a child who needs more love and attention then normal. whats so wrong with that? as far as having another child, i think PGD would be the best option. but its not your only option. taking the chance is risky, but god would never give you more than you could handle. im not by any means a religious person, but i had to come to some conclusion why this happened to us. maybe all of us CF parents are special and maybe we were meant to be moms and dads to these precious kids. i still feel like im a kid myself, but this is a very grown up thing to deal with. sorry for rambling, and i know i havent really answered your question as to whether or not you should have another baby, but i just thought you might want to know youre not the only one who's scared, nervous or who thinks about these things. best of luck. x0x0x

B

braydenzmom

i guess i just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in your thought process. i'm still pregnant with my little boy. we found out he has CF through amnio in july (im due nov. 25th) i felt like the entire world crashed down all around me. i already suffer from panic disorder and anxiety, so as you can imagine, getting the diagnosis didnt help much. it also didnt help much that im only 22 and my finace, 21. i spent some time feeling sorry for myself. and also, thinking how in the world i could raise a child with a disease that i had no previous knowledge of. all the things you mentioned ran through my head. its a scary thing. my fiance broke down and cried because he was scared that i wouldnt want to be with him anymore because of the whole situation. the bottom line...its NOT our fault. not his fault. not my fault. not my babies fault. we will simply have a child who needs more love and attention then normal. whats so wrong with that? as far as having another child, i think PGD would be the best option. but its not your only option. taking the chance is risky, but god would never give you more than you could handle. im not by any means a religious person, but i had to come to some conclusion why this happened to us. maybe all of us CF parents are special and maybe we were meant to be moms and dads to these precious kids. i still feel like im a kid myself, but this is a very grown up thing to deal with. sorry for rambling, and i know i havent really answered your question as to whether or not you should have another baby, but i just thought you might want to know youre not the only one who's scared, nervous or who thinks about these things. best of luck. x0x0x

B

braydenzmom

B

braydenzmom

B

braydenzmom

C

cfangel03

I have 3 beautiful little girls.
the yougest has CF. Grateful, that I didn't know till the 3rd child, don't know f I would have rolled the dice again, but can't imagine my life without all 3.
AShley 4 1/2 cf - but never been sick - thank God.
Camy - not affected at all.
Aly - Carrier.

Life is all about taking chances.
Good Luck.
What ever decision you make will be the right one for you

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

the yougest has CF. Grateful, that I didn't know till the 3rd child, don't know f I would have rolled the dice again, but can't imagine my life without all 3.
Aly - Carrier.

Good Luck.

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Aly - Carrier.

Good Luck.

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Aly - Carrier.

Good Luck.

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Aly - Carrier.

Good Luck.

Leah Orr

Darinsmom

Hi Sarah,

I think everyone gave great advice! My 10 yr.old has CF. He does well. It took 7 yrs. to decide to have another. We did and our son is CF free. We have always wanted 3 children. It is a tough and scary choice. Our son with Cf is a blessing to us, he made us better people. He brings so much joy to our lives, couldn't imagine our life w/ out him. I believe every child is meant to be CF or not. With that said we are wxpecting our 3rd in May. We are very excited. I do get nervous at times and I just pray. I am meant to be pregnant CF or not. This child will be a blessing like our other two are. We can get through it if this child has CF. It's tough at times but we can all do it!! If this child does have CF I look at it as theres someone else for my son to relate to. He can help them. Best of Luck to you.

laurie

Darinsmom

Hi Sarah,

I think everyone gave great advice! My 10 yr.old has CF. He does well. It took 7 yrs. to decide to have another. We did and our son is CF free. We have always wanted 3 children. It is a tough and scary choice. Our son with Cf is a blessing to us, he made us better people. He brings so much joy to our lives, couldn't imagine our life w/ out him. I believe every child is meant to be CF or not. With that said we are wxpecting our 3rd in May. We are very excited. I do get nervous at times and I just pray. I am meant to be pregnant CF or not. This child will be a blessing like our other two are. We can get through it if this child has CF. It's tough at times but we can all do it!! If this child does have CF I look at it as theres someone else for my son to relate to. He can help them. Best of Luck to you.

laurie

Darinsmom

Hi Sarah,

laurie

Darinsmom

Hi Sarah,

laurie

Darinsmom

Hi Sarah,

laurie