what other foods can I mix enzymes with?

anonymous

We have used applesauce since the day our son came home from the hosptial. Just wondering what other foods could be used. He is 3 and I know he gets tired of the applesauce. Thanks.

anonymous

We have used applesauce since the day our son came home from the hosptial. Just wondering what other foods could be used. He is 3 and I know he gets tired of the applesauce. Thanks.

anonymous

We still use babyfood bananas, sometimes baby food pears. In a pinch I've used grape jelly. When we go out to eat I just hand ds 3-4 capsules and he washes them down with his beverage. He'll be 3 this summer.

anonymous

We still use babyfood bananas, sometimes baby food pears. In a pinch I've used grape jelly. When we go out to eat I just hand ds 3-4 capsules and he washes them down with his beverage. He'll be 3 this summer.

thefrogprincess

Pudding, ketchup (or whatever he dips fries and such things in), ice cream, mashed potatos, oat meal, basically anything with a goopy consistancy.

thefrogprincess

Pudding, ketchup (or whatever he dips fries and such things in), ice cream, mashed potatos, oat meal, basically anything with a goopy consistancy.

anonymous

I was told to avoid dairy products when giving someone enzymes -- causes them to break down faster. I've used chocolate syrup, ketchup, jelly...

anonymous

I was told to avoid dairy products when giving someone enzymes -- causes them to break down faster. I've used chocolate syrup, ketchup, jelly...

julie

That makes absolutely no sense. You take enzymes with your dinner right. And you might have maccaroni and cheese and a class of milk and some veggies for dinner. That's dairy, so are you going to skip your enzymes-NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know what doctor said that. What a crack head. Take them with ANYTHING the kid will eat. Granted, maybe things break them down faster but you STILL NEED TO TAKE THEM TO DIGEST THE FOOD so take them with whatever.

julie

That makes absolutely no sense. You take enzymes with your dinner right. And you might have maccaroni and cheese and a class of milk and some veggies for dinner. That's dairy, so are you going to skip your enzymes-NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know what doctor said that. What a crack head. Take them with ANYTHING the kid will eat. Granted, maybe things break them down faster but you STILL NEED TO TAKE THEM TO DIGEST THE FOOD so take them with whatever.

anonymous

With small children/infants, when you empty the capsule out to assist in giving them enzymes better, the enzymes break down faster if you use something that has dairy in it. So if you're getting a bottle of formula ready, you don't want to sprinkle the enzymes on pudding or yogurt 'cuz they start the break down immediately. Turn to grayish mush. With something acidic like applesauce, pureed fruit, the enzymes can sits for a few minutes.

anonymous

With small children/infants, when you empty the capsule out to assist in giving them enzymes better, the enzymes break down faster if you use something that has dairy in it. So if you're getting a bottle of formula ready, you don't want to sprinkle the enzymes on pudding or yogurt 'cuz they start the break down immediately. Turn to grayish mush. With something acidic like applesauce, pureed fruit, the enzymes can sits for a few minutes.

anonymous

I think the poster meant to avoid dairy products when first giving the beads bc the coating on the beads breaks down faster when they are sitting directly in a "base" rather than an "alkaline" like fruit. That is also why all beads are supposed to be out of the persons mouth before they drink milk etc bc if not out of the mouth, the "base" will breakdown the bead quickly which can cause burns inside the mouth.

The capsules themselves can be taken with dairy products bc the capsule itself provides an extra coating for the beads that are inside so there isn't a risk of pre-activiation or burning, etc.

The CFF has a sheet on Nutrtion that explains all of this - probably in a better way than I am, lol.

anonymous

I think the poster meant to avoid dairy products when first giving the beads bc the coating on the beads breaks down faster when they are sitting directly in a "base" rather than an "alkaline" like fruit. That is also why all beads are supposed to be out of the persons mouth before they drink milk etc bc if not out of the mouth, the "base" will breakdown the bead quickly which can cause burns inside the mouth.

The capsules themselves can be taken with dairy products bc the capsule itself provides an extra coating for the beads that are inside so there isn't a risk of pre-activiation or burning, etc.

The CFF has a sheet on Nutrtion that explains all of this - probably in a better way than I am, lol.