What To Do When They Get A Cold?

V

valigirl21

As soon as my ds starts sneezing I start the sinus rinse. If it is accompanied by a cough he gets his Xopenex morning and night, and as needed throughout the day. I listen to the lungs before and after tx to make sure everything sounds good. If after a few days he isn't getting better, or his lungs start to sound junky I call his pulm(we don't go to the CF clinic yet). He always to increse nebs every 4 hours round the clock for 24 hours. If still no improvment we take him in, and he usually ends up on abx and steroids(for at least a few days) A cold is rarely ever "just a cold" w/ CFers. Sorry so long.

V

valigirl21

As soon as my ds starts sneezing I start the sinus rinse. If it is accompanied by a cough he gets his Xopenex morning and night, and as needed throughout the day. I listen to the lungs before and after tx to make sure everything sounds good. If after a few days he isn't getting better, or his lungs start to sound junky I call his pulm(we don't go to the CF clinic yet). He always to increse nebs every 4 hours round the clock for 24 hours. If still no improvment we take him in, and he usually ends up on abx and steroids(for at least a few days) A cold is rarely ever "just a cold" w/ CFers. Sorry so long.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We pretty much do the same as usedtobeinca, but we also steam up the bathroom and let ds play in the tub for awhile, followed with a sinus rinse to get all that gunk out, so he can breathe better during the night.

His doctor wants us to learn his cough and if it's a wet junky one, he'll usually prescribe abx. Because of cfers thick mucus, sometimes that stuff will stagnate and then infection starts to brew.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We pretty much do the same as usedtobeinca, but we also steam up the bathroom and let ds play in the tub for awhile, followed with a sinus rinse to get all that gunk out, so he can breathe better during the night.

His doctor wants us to learn his cough and if it's a wet junky one, he'll usually prescribe abx. Because of cfers thick mucus, sometimes that stuff will stagnate and then infection starts to brew.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />His doctor wants us to learn his cough and if it's a wet junky one, he'll usually prescribe abx. Because of cfers thick mucus, sometimes that stuff will stagnate and then infection starts to brew.