what to use to soothe irritated airways

bigstar

Well it happens with me as well. I cough to death after every treatment. I had other side effects too so my doctor switched me to Bramitob (same drug, different company, easier to tolerate, no hoarse voice). I kept having problem with coughing so we also switched to Aerolin insted of Symbicort. I think it helped me a lot. My doctor explained that maybe i had a bad reaction to the Symbicort-Bramitob combination. And buy Eflow. Its a life saver.

bigstar

Well it happens with me as well. I cough to death after every treatment. I had other side effects too so my doctor switched me to Bramitob (same drug, different company, easier to tolerate, no hoarse voice). I kept having problem with coughing so we also switched to Aerolin insted of Symbicort. I think it helped me a lot. My doctor explained that maybe i had a bad reaction to the Symbicort-Bramitob combination. And buy Eflow. Its a life saver.

Kristan

I also have had trouble tolerating Tobi. It always made me SOB and after about a year I started coughing a lot and having sinus inflammation as well. I have put it aside for now, but found taking benedryl would calm the cough for me.

Kristan

I also have had trouble tolerating Tobi. It always made me SOB and after about a year I started coughing a lot and having sinus inflammation as well. I have put it aside for now, but found taking benedryl would calm the cough for me.

dream2live

<strong>I agree with Bleedorgange. I could not handle the TOBI b/c of the excessive coughing, plus the taste made me cough even more. 7% Saline is better as far as not being harsh on the throat and airways AND alot cheaper. I also had bronchospams with TOBI. Does your daughter nebulize Colistin? It is an old antibiotic, but they do not give it by IV due to renal failure, but it can be done like TOBI.</strong>

dream2live

<strong>I agree with Bleedorgange. I could not handle the TOBI b/c of the excessive coughing, plus the taste made me cough even more. 7% Saline is better as far as not being harsh on the throat and airways AND alot cheaper. I also had bronchospams with TOBI. Does your daughter nebulize Colistin? It is an old antibiotic, but they do not give it by IV due to renal failure, but it can be done like TOBI.</strong>