When are vests typically prescribed?

M

Mommafirst

Our clinic doesn't usually consider it until 2 years old, but we got ours earlier because my daughter had a CF hospitalization and the RT was able to push it forward because of that. A lot depends on the child's development and size, as well as age.

M

Mommafirst

Our clinic doesn't usually consider it until 2 years old, but we got ours earlier because my daughter had a CF hospitalization and the RT was able to push it forward because of that. A lot depends on the child's development and size, as well as age.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

TestifyToLove

M likely never would have received a vest so long as he remained in fostercare. The day he went to CF clinic to transfer his care (3 days after homecoming), he was fitted for a vest. It was the first time in his life he ever started getting ACTs as birthhome and fosterhome openly admitted to never doing any on him.

TestifyToLove

M likely never would have received a vest so long as he remained in fostercare. The day he went to CF clinic to transfer his care (3 days after homecoming), he was fitted for a vest. It was the first time in his life he ever started getting ACTs as birthhome and fosterhome openly admitted to never doing any on him.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

aerst11

I am new to the CF forum. My 2 1/2 year old daughter has CF. My fiance and I have been doing CPT on our daughter since she was about 2 months old. We are now at a place with insurance that we believe we could obtain a vest. I noticed in the forum there are other parents, CF patients, etc. on the site from Minnesota, which is where we live and have Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance of Minnesota. We have a 6 month check-up next month for our daughter and are hoping a vest will be prescribed. In general, what can we expect for insurance coverage and the overall cost of the vest? I greatly appreciate responses or being linked to websites or other threads in the forum as I am assuming this is a popular topic. Thanks!

aerst11

I am new to the CF forum. My 2 1/2 year old daughter has CF. My fiance and I have been doing CPT on our daughter since she was about 2 months old. We are now at a place with insurance that we believe we could obtain a vest. I noticed in the forum there are other parents, CF patients, etc. on the site from Minnesota, which is where we live and have Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance of Minnesota. We have a 6 month check-up next month for our daughter and are hoping a vest will be prescribed. In general, what can we expect for insurance coverage and the overall cost of the vest? I greatly appreciate responses or being linked to websites or other threads in the forum as I am assuming this is a popular topic. Thanks!

aerst11

aerst11

aerst11

TestifyToLove

We aren't in MN but we do have BC/BS. Ours paid 100% for the vest. The agency said our insurance had a $5K annual cap on durable medical equipment and that they were going to do a rent to own contract whereby when insurance paid the full $12K we would then own the vest system. Dunno what happened but insurance actually paid about $200 beyond what the agency charged, paid it in full and we own the vest now with no pay out required for us at all (though in our case his medicaid would have picked up the slack had there been any).

TestifyToLove

We aren't in MN but we do have BC/BS. Ours paid 100% for the vest. The agency said our insurance had a $5K annual cap on durable medical equipment and that they were going to do a rent to own contract whereby when insurance paid the full $12K we would then own the vest system. Dunno what happened but insurance actually paid about $200 beyond what the agency charged, paid it in full and we own the vest now with no pay out required for us at all (though in our case his medicaid would have picked up the slack had there been any).

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove