WHEN IS IT TIME-UPDATED

Seana30

Courtney has not been well for weeks now. Every since she had that bad cough she has not been well.

She is missing day after day of school, is not eating well, has stomach aches, sore throats, and fatigue.

As most of you know we do not live close to a CF center so I am taking her to her pediatric doctor today.

How do I go about telling this doc that I believe it is time for a tune up. We have got to do something!!

My feelings are it is time to admit her and get this taken care of, but I am pretty sure I am going to be blown off and sent home with some meds the doc thinks will help and won't.

Advice please.

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Courtney has not been well for weeks now. Every since she had that bad cough she has not been well.

She is missing day after day of school, is not eating well, has stomach aches, sore throats, and fatigue.

As most of you know we do not live close to a CF center so I am taking her to her pediatric doctor today.

How do I go about telling this doc that I believe it is time for a tune up. We have got to do something!!

My feelings are it is time to admit her and get this taken care of, but I am pretty sure I am going to be blown off and sent home with some meds the doc thinks will help and won't.

Advice please.

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Advice please.

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Advice please.

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Advice please.

Thanks

Seana

JazzysMom

WHEN IS IT TIME

Anytime she isnt herself for too long I would suggest it. I cant remember, but have you already tried any orals?

Even if she isnt terribly bad CF wise it will catch up with her. She needs to eat, sleep & just feel good for crying out loud. If she goes in for IV's it will take time for it all to come together so PUSH SEANA!

Tell him she is miserable, missing too much school & neither of you have the time patience or health to mess around & want the big guns pulled out!

STANDING BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY FROM NY!!!

JazzysMom

WHEN IS IT TIME

Anytime she isnt herself for too long I would suggest it. I cant remember, but have you already tried any orals?

Even if she isnt terribly bad CF wise it will catch up with her. She needs to eat, sleep & just feel good for crying out loud. If she goes in for IV's it will take time for it all to come together so PUSH SEANA!

Tell him she is miserable, missing too much school & neither of you have the time patience or health to mess around & want the big guns pulled out!

JazzysMom

WHEN IS IT TIME

JazzysMom

WHEN IS IT TIME

JazzysMom

WHEN IS IT TIME

jdprecious

WHEN IS IT TIME

if you are thinking that she needs it, she probably does! do not discount your motherly instincts just bc a doctor might give you some resistance. it does seem that court has not been well for a month or so now. i know the name of that game, one step forward two steps back! and it is not fun.

Hugs and hope you guys get it all figured out!!!!

jdprecious

WHEN IS IT TIME

if you are thinking that she needs it, she probably does! do not discount your motherly instincts just bc a doctor might give you some resistance. it does seem that court has not been well for a month or so now. i know the name of that game, one step forward two steps back! and it is not fun.

jdprecious

WHEN IS IT TIME

jdprecious

WHEN IS IT TIME

jdprecious

WHEN IS IT TIME

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
WHEN IS IT TIME

Do you have any other options for CF care that are a little closer. I still can't believe her current CF center hasn't had her doing CPT and other preventative measures!

When I get frustrated with things that have happened with our local CF center and peds, my husband reminds me that "we are the customer" -- I was always worried about stepping on toes or being labeled as being difficult. Only took a couple times of the doctor trying to tell me DS's cough was normal "that it's what cfers do" as I was holding DS over the kitchen sink 'cuz every time he coughed he vomited up his formula.

IMO, they've been messing around with this since school has started. You know this isn't normal for her -- enough is enough.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
WHEN IS IT TIME

Do you have any other options for CF care that are a little closer. I still can't believe her current CF center hasn't had her doing CPT and other preventative measures!

When I get frustrated with things that have happened with our local CF center and peds, my husband reminds me that "we are the customer" -- I was always worried about stepping on toes or being labeled as being difficult. Only took a couple times of the doctor trying to tell me DS's cough was normal "that it's what cfers do" as I was holding DS over the kitchen sink 'cuz every time he coughed he vomited up his formula.

IMO, they've been messing around with this since school has started. You know this isn't normal for her -- enough is enough.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
WHEN IS IT TIME

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
WHEN IS IT TIME

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
WHEN IS IT TIME