When there's a cure.....

mamerth

I agree with Solo. I will miss my doctors and nurses... we have become close.

I won't miss this disease at all.

mamerth

I agree with Solo. I will miss my doctors and nurses... we have become close.
<br />
<br />I won't miss this disease at all.

S

Swallowtail66

My daughters and I were diagnosed a week apart almost 8 years ago. I am looking forward to forgetting the worry of them dying before me and of who will care for them if I die before them. I won't miss the financial drain and the many medications, or of being tired and still having to keep going. I won't miss worrying that my grandkids will have CF, that the pregnancy could harm my child, or that I will never have or know my grandkids.

However, I appreciate CF for teaching me the value of a good friend, a wonderful husband, and how to be tough when I don't feel like I can do anything else. I have learned to value my life and the precious time I have with those I love. I have learned to live my life today and trust God with my tomorrows. These are the lessons I will keep when CF is but a distant memory.

S

Swallowtail66

My daughters and I were diagnosed a week apart almost 8 years ago. I am looking forward to forgetting the worry of them dying before me and of who will care for them if I die before them. I won't miss the financial drain and the many medications, or of being tired and still having to keep going. I won't miss worrying that my grandkids will have CF, that the pregnancy could harm my child, or that I will never have or know my grandkids.

However, I appreciate CF for teaching me the value of a good friend, a wonderful husband, and how to be tough when I don't feel like I can do anything else. I have learned to value my life and the precious time I have with those I love. I have learned to live my life today and trust God with my tomorrows. These are the lessons I will keep when CF is but a distant memory.

S

Swallowtail66

<br />
<br />However, I appreciate CF for teaching me the value of a good friend, a wonderful husband, and how to be tough when I don't feel like I can do anything else. I have learned to value my life and the precious time I have with those I love. I have learned to live my life today and trust God with my tomorrows. These are the lessons I will keep when CF is but a distant memory.

dmarie781

I would like to go through one day not worrying about my daughter. All the treatments, meds, hospitalizations, G tube, coughing, weight gain issues, etc. It is starting to wear on her and steal her happiness. I feel so helpless.

dmarie781

I would like to go through one day not worrying about my daughter. All the treatments, meds, hospitalizations, G tube, coughing, weight gain issues, etc. It is starting to wear on her and steal her happiness. I feel so helpless.

dmarie781

D

Deb

I have enjoyed reading this post. When CF is cured I will not miss:

*not being able to laugh without a coughing episode
*nasty green mucus
*driving 2 1/2 hours every 8 weeks to go to my CF doctor
*taking a handful of medication every morning
*PICC lines
*ER nurses who tell me I can't possibly have CF since it is a childhood illness
*medical personnel who ask me when I "got" CF
*not being able to stay overnight or go on vacation without packing medicine, nebulizers, the vest, bed risers, and a slanted pillow.
*not being able to just get up and go in the morning
*my family having to wait on me to do meds/vest etc before we do things
*seeing my husband and children worry about me
*consciously thinking about breathing every day
*stressing over PFT's
*wondering how bad it might get before my fight is over

These are in no special order; just how they came to me.

I honestly can't say that I will miss anything. Except maybe the excuse to sleep in on the weekends.

I truly hope that we all see our dreams come true and experience life without all of these things that burden us on a daily basis. Wishing everyone great dreams and great health.

D

Deb

*not being able to laugh without a coughing episode
*nasty green mucus
*driving 2 1/2 hours every 8 weeks to go to my CF doctor
*taking a handful of medication every morning
*PICC lines
*ER nurses who tell me I can't possibly have CF since it is a childhood illness
*medical personnel who ask me when I "got" CF
*not being able to stay overnight or go on vacation without packing medicine, nebulizers, the vest, bed risers, and a slanted pillow.
*not being able to just get up and go in the morning
*my family having to wait on me to do meds/vest etc before we do things
*seeing my husband and children worry about me
*consciously thinking about breathing every day
*stressing over PFT's
*wondering how bad it might get before my fight is over

These are in no special order; just how they came to me.

I honestly can't say that I will miss anything. Except maybe the excuse to sleep in on the weekends.

I truly hope that we all see our dreams come true and experience life without all of these things that burden us on a daily basis. Wishing everyone great dreams and great health.

D

Deb

<br />
<br />*not being able to laugh without a coughing episode
<br />*nasty green mucus
<br />*driving 2 1/2 hours every 8 weeks to go to my CF doctor
<br />*taking a handful of medication every morning
<br />*PICC lines
<br />*ER nurses who tell me I can't possibly have CF since it is a childhood illness
<br />*medical personnel who ask me when I "got" CF
<br />*not being able to stay overnight or go on vacation without packing medicine, nebulizers, the vest, bed risers, and a slanted pillow.
<br />*not being able to just get up and go in the morning
<br />*my family having to wait on me to do meds/vest etc before we do things
<br />*seeing my husband and children worry about me
<br />*consciously thinking about breathing every day
<br />*stressing over PFT's
<br />*wondering how bad it might get before my fight is over
<br />
<br />These are in no special order; just how they came to me.
<br />
<br />I honestly can't say that I will miss anything. Except maybe the excuse to sleep in on the weekends.
<br />
<br />I truly hope that we all see our dreams come true and experience life without all of these things that burden us on a daily basis. Wishing everyone great dreams and great health.

PepperKitty

Sinus disease, snotty noses, & headaches is the thing I will NOT miss most! I will also not miss never feeling good & always being in pain! I will not miss constantly worrying that I'll be to sick to meet my responsiblities.
I'm afraid I could go on forever about the things I will not miss about CF!

However, I will miss all the terrific people I've met in my church ward who have driven me to doctor appointments, and also my favorite nurse of 21 years! Salt!

PepperKitty

Sinus disease, snotty noses, & headaches is the thing I will NOT miss most! I will also not miss never feeling good & always being in pain! I will not miss constantly worrying that I'll be to sick to meet my responsiblities.

However, I will miss all the terrific people I've met in my church ward who have driven me to doctor appointments, and also my favorite nurse of 21 years! Salt!

PepperKitty

<br />I'm afraid I could go on forever about the things I will not miss about CF!
<br />
<br />However, I will miss all the terrific people I've met in my church ward who have driven me to doctor appointments, and also my favorite nurse of 21 years! Salt!

PepperKitty

PepperKitty

PepperKitty

<br />I'm afraid I could go on forever about the things I will not miss about CF!
<br />
<br />However, I will miss all the terrific people I've met in my church ward who have driven me to doctor appointments, and also my favorite nurse of 21 years! Salt!