When you're sick...would love input

krisgabes

Hey everyone-
Unfortunately I'm sick and back on IVs. I just got reaccessed yesterday. I'm no stranger to getting infections but this time around I have been spiking fevers for a week, the highest being 103 and that seems to be happening on a daily basis.

My question is so- do you guys spike fevers like this too before going on IV? It's just odd for me to be hitting 103 everyday. That is a new one for me.

krisgabes

Hey everyone-
Unfortunately I'm sick and back on IVs. I just got reaccessed yesterday. I'm no stranger to getting infections but this time around I have been spiking fevers for a week, the highest being 103 and that seems to be happening on a daily basis.

My question is so- do you guys spike fevers like this too before going on IV? It's just odd for me to be hitting 103 everyday. That is a new one for me.

JustDucky

Lately, yes....In fact, that is one indicator that I need IV's. I will be okay one day,but the next, I have run fevers in the 103 range and just be very sick. It is so scary that it hits so quickly now, no real warning signs like it used to be. In the past, my decline would be more gradual....with low grade temps and just feeling blah with more coughing. Now, it's the high fevers, severe body pain, coughing and just feeling like death all in a very short period of time...My doctor and I have devised a plan for these episodes...anytime I start to spike, I immediately start IV's or I progress very quickly to sepsis. Because he has been so aggressive, I have avoided hospitals all winter long which is huge for me.
I hope the IV's do the trick for you....those fevers alone make you feel terrible. Did they do labs on you (blood/sputum cultures, complete blood counts etc). If this is a new thing for you, maybe another process is going on (maybe an infected port?) or you have a gnarly lung infection. Any time I run fevers like that, my doc wants blood and cultures from everywhere just to make sure that only my lungs are the problem and not other things like my port or a bladder infection.
Hang in there, sending healing vibes
Jenn 40 w/CF

JustDucky

Lately, yes....In fact, that is one indicator that I need IV's. I will be okay one day,but the next, I have run fevers in the 103 range and just be very sick. It is so scary that it hits so quickly now, no real warning signs like it used to be. In the past, my decline would be more gradual....with low grade temps and just feeling blah with more coughing. Now, it's the high fevers, severe body pain, coughing and just feeling like death all in a very short period of time...My doctor and I have devised a plan for these episodes...anytime I start to spike, I immediately start IV's or I progress very quickly to sepsis. Because he has been so aggressive, I have avoided hospitals all winter long which is huge for me.
I hope the IV's do the trick for you....those fevers alone make you feel terrible. Did they do labs on you (blood/sputum cultures, complete blood counts etc). If this is a new thing for you, maybe another process is going on (maybe an infected port?) or you have a gnarly lung infection. Any time I run fevers like that, my doc wants blood and cultures from everywhere just to make sure that only my lungs are the problem and not other things like my port or a bladder infection.
Hang in there, sending healing vibes
Jenn 40 w/CF

beleache

Hey Kristen,
I agree w/ everything Jenn said.. I hope they figure out what is going on & that you feel better very soon !
<3 joni

beleache

Hey Kristen,
I agree w/ everything Jenn said.. I hope they figure out what is going on & that you feel better very soon !
<3 joni

krisgabes

Thank you guys so much! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone. The fevers just kick your butt alone. They haven't done bloods yet, they are tomorrow when the nurse comes.

krisgabes

Thank you guys so much! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone. The fevers just kick your butt alone. They haven't done bloods yet, they are tomorrow when the nurse comes.

M

Matt31

I just got out from the hospital. i went in because of chest pains. Well im having chest pains in the leftside closer to the side. have any of you had this after u got out. oh yea two days after getting out, i got a cold an had started getting into my chest but been on antibiocis since ive been out.

M

Matt31

I just got out from the hospital. i went in because of chest pains. Well im having chest pains in the leftside closer to the side. have any of you had this after u got out. oh yea two days after getting out, i got a cold an had started getting into my chest but been on antibiocis since ive been out.

JustDucky

If it is a dull achy type pain, then yes. I attribute that type of pain from the mucus plugs, they always seem to cause discomfort. I can literally feel where they are in my chest. Also, if you are coughing alot, then perhaps it could be muscle pain. If you press on the affected area and it hurts to do so, then more than likely, you pulled some muscle or stretched the collagen in between your ribs.
If it is a sharp pain, then it could be pleurisy which is inflammation of the lining of the lungs which hurts with each breath. Luckily I haven't had this in a while, but when I do get this, I am on a fair amount of ibuprofen along with steroids to reduce the inflammation.
Keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, see your doc. I hope you feel better!
Jenn 40 w/CF

JustDucky

If it is a dull achy type pain, then yes. I attribute that type of pain from the mucus plugs, they always seem to cause discomfort. I can literally feel where they are in my chest. Also, if you are coughing alot, then perhaps it could be muscle pain. If you press on the affected area and it hurts to do so, then more than likely, you pulled some muscle or stretched the collagen in between your ribs.
If it is a sharp pain, then it could be pleurisy which is inflammation of the lining of the lungs which hurts with each breath. Luckily I haven't had this in a while, but when I do get this, I am on a fair amount of ibuprofen along with steroids to reduce the inflammation.
Keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, see your doc. I hope you feel better!
Jenn 40 w/CF

M

Matt31

Well headin back to docs rib stickin out an brused where rib is. i guess we will c

M

Matt31

Well headin back to docs rib stickin out an brused where rib is. i guess we will c

JustDucky

Sounds like you could have broken or dislocated your rib Matt.....I hope your visit gets somewhere. Fingers crossed for you

Jenn 40 wCF

JustDucky

Sounds like you could have broken or dislocated your rib Matt.....I hope your visit gets somewhere. Fingers crossed for you

Jenn 40 wCF

M

Matt31

Well went to docs an they said i had pleuisy imfalmation in the lung lining an rib cage

M

Matt31

Well went to docs an they said i had pleuisy imfalmation in the lung lining an rib cage

M

Matt31

Well the docs just called an said they had other docs look at my xrays an said i have phonemia still in my lung. guess a week in hospital wasn't enough. don't wanna go back in!

M

Matt31

Well the docs just called an said they had other docs look at my xrays an said i have phonemia still in my lung. guess a week in hospital wasn't enough. don't wanna go back in!