whirlpool tubs

kaylasdad

Does anyone have a whirlpool tub with a child with cf?
And do you think its a good Idea?
The reason I ask is because i put one in before we found out are dd had cf.

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

<br />And do you think its a good Idea?
<br />The reason I ask is because i put one in before we found out are dd had cf.
<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had one a few years prior to DS' birth; however, we really didn't use it much after he was born. Just got too busy and I was a little worried about pseudo and having the hot tub when he was older, so we gave it to my BIL. Sometimes in the summer we didn't use it very often and would have to shock it -- water would stagnate. Oh and when my nephews would come use it and sit in there all day -- I usually drained it and sanitized it. I was pretty sure the youngest didn't take a bathroom break. Bleah!

I would imagine if you were vigilant with maintenance, should be okay. It's not like you're going to allow HER to be in there being that she's so little.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had one a few years prior to DS' birth; however, we really didn't use it much after he was born. Just got too busy and I was a little worried about pseudo and having the hot tub when he was older, so we gave it to my BIL. Sometimes in the summer we didn't use it very often and would have to shock it -- water would stagnate. Oh and when my nephews would come use it and sit in there all day -- I usually drained it and sanitized it. I was pretty sure the youngest didn't take a bathroom break. Bleah!

I would imagine if you were vigilant with maintenance, should be okay. It's not like you're going to allow HER to be in there being that she's so little.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I would imagine if you were vigilant with maintenance, should be okay. It's not like you're going to allow HER to be in there being that she's so little.

NoExcuses

I've been in them all my life..... but then again, for whatever reason, I tend to be healthier than the average CFer.

I know that if I had a kid with CF, I probably wouldn't put them in there. Yes, this goes completely against my own experience.

But who knows? Maybe one of my 4 PA strains is from a whirlpool.

NoExcuses

I've been in them all my life..... but then again, for whatever reason, I tend to be healthier than the average CFer.

I know that if I had a kid with CF, I probably wouldn't put them in there. Yes, this goes completely against my own experience.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />I know that if I had a kid with CF, I probably wouldn't put them in there. Yes, this goes completely against my own experience.
<br />
<br />But who knows? Maybe one of my 4 PA strains is from a whirlpool.

T

TonyaH

Hi there,

Are you talking about a whirlpool tub in your bathroom, or a jacuzzi? Jacuzzi's are a no-no, because of how many germs breed in the warm water...Especially those that are in public places like hotels, etc. Not to gross you out, but there have even been reports that show fecal matter found in public jacuzzis. For that reason, nobody in my family uses public jacuzzis anymore.

However, a whirlpool tub in your own bathroom should be fine. You control how it is cleaned, and the water does not sit stagnant in your bathroom for weeks on endlike water in a jacuzzi!

We have a whirpool tub in our master bath and my kids like to put their bathing suits on and play in it. My bathtub is cleaned and disinfected after every use, because I can't stand "tub lines", so I feel pretty confident that it is a safe environment for Andrew.

T

TonyaH

Hi there,

Are you talking about a whirlpool tub in your bathroom, or a jacuzzi? Jacuzzi's are a no-no, because of how many germs breed in the warm water...Especially those that are in public places like hotels, etc. Not to gross you out, but there have even been reports that show fecal matter found in public jacuzzis. For that reason, nobody in my family uses public jacuzzis anymore.

However, a whirlpool tub in your own bathroom should be fine. You control how it is cleaned, and the water does not sit stagnant in your bathroom for weeks on endlike water in a jacuzzi!

We have a whirpool tub in our master bath and my kids like to put their bathing suits on and play in it. My bathtub is cleaned and disinfected after every use, because I can't stand "tub lines", so I feel pretty confident that it is a safe environment for Andrew.

T

TonyaH

Hi there,

T

TonyaH

Hi there,

T

TonyaH

Hi there,
<br />
<br />Are you talking about a whirlpool tub in your bathroom, or a jacuzzi? Jacuzzi's are a no-no, because of how many germs breed in the warm water...Especially those that are in public places like hotels, etc. Not to gross you out, but there have even been reports that show fecal matter found in public jacuzzis. For that reason, nobody in my family uses public jacuzzis anymore.
<br />
<br />However, a whirlpool tub in your own bathroom should be fine. You control how it is cleaned, and the water does not sit stagnant in your bathroom for weeks on endlike water in a jacuzzi!
<br />
<br />We have a whirpool tub in our master bath and my kids like to put their bathing suits on and play in it. My bathtub is cleaned and disinfected after every use, because I can't stand "tub lines", so I feel pretty confident that it is a safe environment for Andrew.