Who knows?

SaltyAndSweet

I have always been very open about my CF at work, but recently I am really wondering if it is really that good of an idea.

Who are you open with at work? Why do you tell them? Do you think they understand? Do you tell your boss? HR? Your coworkers?

If you don't tell your coworkers, what do you say when they ask you why you cough so much?

SaltyAndSweet

I have always been very open about my CF at work, but recently I am really wondering if it is really that good of an idea.

Who are you open with at work? Why do you tell them? Do you think they understand? Do you tell your boss? HR? Your coworkers?

If you don't tell your coworkers, what do you say when they ask you why you cough so much?

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

<br />
<br />Who are you open with at work? Why do you tell them? Do you think they understand? Do you tell your boss? HR? Your coworkers?
<br />
<br />If you don't tell your coworkers, what do you say when they ask you why you cough so much?
<br />

W

welshwitch

The only person at my work who knows is my boss. I told her that I had CF just in case something happened and I needed to be going to lots of appointments. Luckily I haven't had to miss much work!

I'm glad she knows; however, I feel like I was less than eloquent in explaining to her. I ended up crying in her office....ugh. In retrospect I wish I had either not told her or done it in a more professional manner....

W

welshwitch

The only person at my work who knows is my boss. I told her that I had CF just in case something happened and I needed to be going to lots of appointments. Luckily I haven't had to miss much work!

I'm glad she knows; however, I feel like I was less than eloquent in explaining to her. I ended up crying in her office....ugh. In retrospect I wish I had either not told her or done it in a more professional manner....

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />I'm glad she knows; however, I feel like I was less than eloquent in explaining to her. I ended up crying in her office....ugh. In retrospect I wish I had either not told her or done it in a more professional manner....

barbc888

I only tell on an "as needed" basis. My bosses know because I do home IV's and go to work with it. They are fine and flexible with it. Luckily, I don't cough a whole lot, so nobody asks. But if they do, I just tell them I'm getting over a little cold.

barbc888

I only tell on an "as needed" basis. My bosses know because I do home IV's and go to work with it. They are fine and flexible with it. Luckily, I don't cough a whole lot, so nobody asks. But if they do, I just tell them I'm getting over a little cold.

barbc888

barbc888

barbc888

<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Guess it depends upon the people... I'll let my boss know if an appointment or issue comes up -- I'm only accountable to him, his boss and another coworker in my department. People are aware that our son has CF, but I don't share many details. Mainly because I work with annoying gossipy, busy-bodies, one of whom IS the HR person.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Guess it depends upon the people... I'll let my boss know if an appointment or issue comes up -- I'm only accountable to him, his boss and another coworker in my department. People are aware that our son has CF, but I don't share many details. Mainly because I work with annoying gossipy, busy-bodies, one of whom IS the HR person.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member